What next? (give your site look and feel opinions inside)

Now that I’ve ruined everyone’s week with the site change, what 's next?

I’m going to be spending time on the site this weekend and want some opinions. We currently have three skins (not counting the mobile test) and none of them are “finished” totally. I know there are a few of you it seems that maybe like one of the three and maybe lots of you that like none of them.

I would like to get us down to one main skin like on the old site to help us out from a maintenance standpoint. Maintaining multiple looks for the site would be cool, but it’s just impractical in the long run. That being said, what would you like to see? Which of the current ones do you like the best? How would you like one of the existing ones changed? Try to create a skin that resembles the old site?

There are other things that need to be done besides the skin, but I want to get it straightened out first. With the other work, having three skins triples what I have to do…

So, let me kow what you think and remember I won’t be able to make everyone happy I’m sure.

I like the ‘Lite Test’ skin

I think I like the Dark one now, except it’s not as easy to read on my older monitor at home.

Is there any way to add http, img, emoticons buttons like the old site?

I think I like the Dark one now, except it's not as easy to read on my older monitor at home.

Is there any way to add http, img, emoticons buttons like the old site?

Lefty, how are you posting, using quick reply? If you click on the quote or the reply buttons, you should be taken to an editor that includes link, image, smilies, and much more. It’s much more advanced than what we had.

The quick reply at the bottom of each thread is just a small taste of the formatting options available when posting.

[QUOTE]Lefty, how are you posting, using quick reply? If you click on the quote or the reply buttons, you should be taken to an editor that includes link, image, smilies, and much more. It’s much more advanced than what we had.[/QUOTE]

The only problem I’ve seen with that Mac is that the hyperlink, etc is a little harder to use (hyperlink just seems to name the link as the address).

[QUOTE=ninermac;137759]Lefty, how are you posting, using quick reply? If you click on the quote or the reply buttons, you should be taken to an editor that includes link, image, smilies, and much more. It’s much more advanced than what we had.

The quick reply at the bottom of each thread is just a small taste of the formatting options available when posting.[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried quote and reply. I don’t see the editor features for link, image, smilies, etc. All I see below the message field is “Post Icons” with 14 icons to choose from. Submit Reply and Preview Post are below it. Then, there is a section for Additional Options: Misc, Attach files, Thread subscription, Rate thread.

[QUOTE=forDniner;137767]The only problem I’ve seen with that Mac is that the hyperlink, etc is a little harder to use (hyperlink just seems to name the link as the address).[/QUOTE]

There’s a trick to it - depending on which editor you use. There’s one that does what you said, but it highlight the link name so you can change it immediately in the post.

The other way to do it is to type your post, highlight the word(s) you want to be linked, and then hit the hyperlink button. It will automatically use your words as the link name.

I’ll vote for ‘lite’

I’m a big fan of ‘Lite Test’ and a ever-present shoutbox.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;137780]I’m a big fan of ‘Lite Test’ and a ever-present shoutbox.[/QUOTE]

Dit-toe

[QUOTE]The other way to do it is to type your post, highlight the word(s) you want to be linked, and then hit the hyperlink button. It will automatically use your words as the link name.[/QUOTE]

Thanks NA, I’ll give that a shot (it worked really well for the quote tags).

I also like both the Lite and the Lite Test. The “dark” is a little [B]too[/B] dark for my tastes, but if that’s what we go with I’m sure I’ll adjust.

Lite Test is definitley my favorite.

i like the dark skin. the other one’s seem to cluttered to me.

lite test is by far the best of the available skins

ya’ll are just really reluctant to change. That is my opinion but it really doesn’t matter since i’m the only one who actually likes the dark skin.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;137796]ya’ll are just really reluctant to change. That is my opinion but it really doesn’t matter since i’m the only one who actually likes the dark skin.[/QUOTE]

Stop being racist

i’m not being racist i like the dark skin over the other skins. They all seem cluttered and useless. But my opinion has never really mattered on this board so i don’t care.

[QUOTE=mineshaft;137802]Stop being racist[/QUOTE]

LOL

i hate white people. They smell bad.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;137806]i hate white people. They smell bad.[/QUOTE]

they smell like cabbage