What the Hell???

This pisses me off. I’ve never advocated violence, but I’m thinking about it.

From our own student newspaper:

[URL=http://media.www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2007/01/29/Opinion/Are-You.A.49er-2681571.shtml?sourcedomain=www.nineronline.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com&mkey=2451835]Are you a 49er?[/URL]

[QUOTE]Whether you want to admit it or not, your degree isn’t worth the same as if you graduated from Chapel Hill. Before you start emailing hate mail and death threats, really think about that. Think about the differences between Chapel Hill and UNC Charlotte or UNCC stacked up against N.C. State or any university in the North Carolina system.
[/QUOTE]

You know what… They are so right! My Engineering degree would be worth way more with a heel print on it… What a moron. Consider them emailed with hate mail and death threats. Sounds like they belong in a boat with Ben. Crap hole hill rejects! :cuss: :ticked: :hammer: :ohmy:

Not one mention of football. Its simple math mate, Football = more school spirit/community. I know this guy reads NNN, it says he does…

Whoa whoa whoa guys. Did you read the article? I don’t think he really meant that, or meant it as harshly as it sounds. It was more to get people riled up and try and strike some spirit into them. Kinda reverse psycology you could say.

I can’t comment because I cannot sign up. It won’t accept my verification code! :cuss:

[QUOTE=ChevEE;213781]You know what… They are so right! My Engineering degree would be worth way more with a heel print on it… What a moron. Consider them emailed with hate mail and death threats. Sounds like they belong in a boat with Ben. Crap hole hill rejects! :cuss: :ticked: :hammer: :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Any undergraduate degree at UNC-CH< ENGR from Charlotte.

[QUOTE=49or bust;213784]Whoa whoa whoa guys. Did you read the article? I don’t think he really meant that, or meant it as harshly as it sounds. It was more to get people riled up and try and strike some spirit into them. Kinda reverse psycology you could say.[/QUOTE]
Well, I don’t know because it won’t let me read the article since I cannot register…

Whoa whoa whoa guys. Did you read the article? I don't think he really meant that, or meant it as harshly as it sounds. It was more to get people riled up and try and strike some spirit into them. Kinda reverse psycology you could say.
I agree, I thought it was a good article and pretty much dead on. The only thing that would have been better was a football mention to add to his argument. Reading it made me wonder why there is no effort underway to get a group of students/alumni to picket the board of Governors for our fair share of state funds. The Niner Nation March on Raleigh...

I actually miss getting the paper for a nice afternoon BM in the library. The little things are what I miss about college.

[QUOTE=49or bust;213784]Whoa whoa whoa guys. Did you read the article? I don’t think he really meant that, or meant it as harshly as it sounds. It was more to get people riled up and try and strike some spirit into them. Kinda reverse psycology you could say.[/QUOTE]

Well, it worked!!! :hammer:

[B]Full article for those who can’t sign up:[/B]

By Josh Lanier
[URL=http://www.nineronline.com]www.nineronline.com[/URL]

Had to be removed for legal reasons.

Reading it made me wonder why there is no effort underway to get a group of students/alumni to picket the board of Governors for our fair share of state funds. The Niner Nation March on Raleigh...
Well maybe we should start one. This certainly seems like the place. We originally organized the football movement here and look how far we've gotten.

WOW…i almost went ape **** over this until I read the full article.

As for the money…or lack of money…we get from the state…I have long wondered why the some one doesnt at least ask some questions as to why we are so low in funding…given our size. Has there ever been an attempt at an answer?

EDIT w/Apologies to Josh Lanier

Alright, so the article is good. I stil disagree about the value of my degree, but I will say that he points out good stuff and unfortunately the most true statement is

I should mention that if you’re reading this, most of this doesn’t apply to you. You care enough to stay informed with what is going on around you in an attempt to stay current with what is happening on our campus, but many students don’t share the same enthusiasm for UNCC.

[QUOTE=49or bust;213805]Well maybe we should start one. This certainly seems like the place. We originally organized the football movement here and look how far we’ve gotten.[/QUOTE]

I am in! A million Niner march on Raleigh!

Honestly I think a large part of the problem is that people in Raleigh do not like anything that has Charlotte on it, city or school. I think NSCU and Chapel Hill fear what we could become, taking alot of state funding with us. The only way to combat that is to try and keep us down by limiting funding and exposure.

I have to say, I have never understood why it is that we sit happy at 13th in funding! Dr. Phil mentions it all the time, but never mentions about giving the head honchoes a stern word. There are too many butt kissers in power. I want people with balls like Miss Bonnie had! She wouldn’t let them decide something from far away. She’d go and make them tell her to her face and then she would counter it and get what she wanted.

I liked the piece, it bagged on the retards who wear UNC and Duke clothing on our campus.

He mentioned football if you read between the lines, when he spoke of “tumbleweeds on weekends.”

I am in! A million Niner march on Raleigh!

Honestly I think a large part of the problem is that people in Raleigh do not like anything that has Charlotte on it, city or school. I think NSCU and Chapel Hill fear what we could become, taking alot of state funding with us. The only way to combat that is to try and keep us down by limiting funding and exposure.

I agree 100%. I think we should start it ASAP. Now what to call it…
The Charlotte Equality Movement?

I have to say, I have never understood why it is that we sit happy at 13th in funding! Dr. Phil mentions it all the time, but never mentions about giving the head honchoes a stern word. There are too many butt kissers in power. I want people with balls like Miss Bonnie had! She wouldn't let them decide something from far away. She'd go and make them tell her to her face and then she would counter it and get what she wanted.
I agree 100% with this as well. How in the world did a yes-man like UNC-DP become our chancellor?? It really makes me think there is some kind of conspiracy behind all this. Like the system made sure someone like him got appointed to keep us quiet.