What to do with Ron Sanchez?

Iā€™ve been saying the same thing. I keep reading how Sanchez has brought us out of a deep hole, but the conference results are fairly comparable. I will say the power rankings (sagarin, etc) is better this year than its been in a long time.

1 Like

Mods, should this thread be combined?

No, I created it separately intentionally. Two different thoughts and timing.

I see nothing about our style that would attract Withers.

1 Like

I dont agree with Hootie a whole lot,but I agree 100% with this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2023 College Hoops Coaching Carousel

$1.35M buyout?

Iā€™ve been wondering these last few days about Poggi. He has gotten real quiet after the latest slide. Maybe he is now to the point where even he no longer can bring himself to support what Sanchez is.

I do think the end of year interviews could go a loooong way in swaying Mike. If the core group still seems bought in and committed to staying I think Mike would put a lot of weight on that.

And if we could do that plus add Withersā€¦I would actually be ok giving him another year for a chance to see Brice and Withers together on the floor.

Even though I believe Sanchez would completely botch itā€¦would still love to see them on the court together.

1 Like

Poggi is working his butt off getting recruits in to visit (especially for the event on the 26th).

1 Like

We did finish better (I think picked 9th) than where we were picked in the preseason and won more games than the over/under too I believe. Also lost 6 games by one basket or less, so some progress. The hope is that if everyone comes back after a yearā€™s experience playing together, that those 6 losses can be turned into wins and the two turds we laid, wonā€™t happen.

No promise it can happen against a tougher schedule, but that is the hope.

1 Like

Hope!? 5 years of data and yet still ignoring that in favor of ā€œhope!?ā€

Sadly, however, thatā€™s literally the only thing Sanchez can point to in his defenseā€¦a blind ā€œhope.ā€

He better ā€œhopeā€ Mike Hill makes his decision based off of ā€œhopeā€ because if he makes it based on actual stats, data and factsā€¦his ass should be shown the door. There is no metric that justifies bringing Sanchez backā€¦but maybe Mike still has ā€œhope.ā€

2 Likes

Charlie Brown Halloween GIF by Peanuts

1 Like

Dude you are a tripā€¦ I wish you were my bossā€¦ I could suck and still get a raise the way you talk.

You realize this isnā€™t YMCA rec league, itā€™s a mulit-million dollar program, results matterā€¦

7-11 to end the season, no conference tournament wins the entire 5 YEARS HERE! lost to the worst team in the league just last week!

Iā€™m starting to think you are related to Ronā€¦ only thing that makes sense.

I believe that loss by one basket counts the same as a loss by 20 baskets. A loss is a loss period! As I was always told, close only counts in horseshoes.

7-11 to end the season and 2 of those wins were from Aly 35 foot 3 point heaves with less than 3 seconds on the shot clock.

Sanchez systems guarantee close games. Always will.

1 Like

Hope is not a strategy haha.

And if all of you were as good at your own job as you are at analyzing Ronā€™s, then youā€™d all be millionaires.

1 Like

hope solo yep GIF

Mike Hill need to make a decision soon and make it public

1 Like