What to tell Stamats??

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;209814]I personally don’t think they look bad. Not too many campuses have high-rises, especially that look like that… They’re almost like a unique feature on our campus. I know they had planned to implode them, but I would be sort of sad to see that. The view must be really cool from up there.[/QUOTE]

It’ll be interesting to see if the Stamats study mentions the high rises.

I still have some fond memories from those dorms, therefore I never thought they looked that bad… but I used the term “eyesore” because that’s the term I’ve often heard used to describe them.

I would personally prefer renovating them, if necessary.

Didn’t I hear that a couple of years ago some student fell off and got killed?

Or, is that just urban legend?

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;209819]Didn’t I hear that a couple of years ago some student fell off and got killed?

Or, is that just urban legend?[/QUOTE]

I know a kid fell out of Scott in the late 80’s and died, seems like it happened every couple years.

Didn't I hear that a couple of years ago some student fell off and got killed?

Or, is that just urban legend?

True. He was being arrested for selling pot. He was in handcuffs while police searched his dorm. Apparently, he thought things couldn’t get worse, so he jumped. He landed in the bushes and didn’t die. Seriously, seriously injured. And still arrested.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;209819]Didn’t I hear that a couple of years ago some student fell off and got killed?

Or, is that just urban legend?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know… but I know of one topless sunbather that accidentally got hit by a falling balloon filled with water. :smile: We tried to explain to here it was an accident, but she never believed us.

I know a kid fell out of Scott in the late 80's and died, seems like it happened every couple years.

If it happens that often, I can’t imagine how they could keep them open… especially with getting sued, bad pub, etc.

[QUOTE=Noreaster;209822]True. He was being arrested for selling pot. He was in handcuffs while police searched his dorm. Apparently, he thought things couldn’t get worse, so he jumped. He landed in the bushes and didn’t die. Seriously, seriously injured. And still arrested.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, which dorm? Do you know?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;209825]Out of curiosity, which dorm? Do you know?[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly that was in '05 in Elm or Maple or something…

Out of curiosity, which dorm? Do you know?

moore

moore

yep.

Whoops, guess I was wrong…

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;209818]I still have some fond memories from those dorms, therefore I never thought they looked that bad…[/QUOTE]
Me too. House parties, mirror flashing in the afternoons into Holshouser and Scott dorm rooms, beer can bowling in the hallways, all clean fun.

Then there was the dumpster driver who wanted to pick up the track at 5am and bang the dumster. After contacting Residence Life without success, one morning there were a “few” 2-liter water bombs splashing around his truck and it was made sure not to hit the truck, just to send a message.

The trash pickups were made during lunch time from then on.

True. He was being arrested for selling pot. He was in handcuffs while police searched his dorm. Apparently, he thought things couldn't get worse, so he jumped. He landed in the bushes and didn't die. Seriously, seriously injured. And still arrested.

Sounds like a classic case of getting owned right there. Wow.

okay, I don’t care if I look dumb,
who or what is stamat???

okay, I don't care if I look dumb, who or what is stamat????

It’s a company that apparently needs to improve its own branding.

http://www.stamats.com/resources/taglinerepository/resultsbytag.asp

Though it won’t be a major way to change our image, I do think we should change the website to charlotte.edu

Though it won't be a major way to change our image, I do think we should change the website to charlotte.edu

Especially since www.uncc.com is a website about contamination and www.uncc.org is a “call-before-you-dig” website.

Though it won't be a major way to change our image, I do think we should change the website to charlotte.edu

That’s a REALLY good idea…

Even if you’re not for the name change, that actually makes a lot of sense.

[QUOTE=survivor45;209694]…Lutz9er - Can you deliver this post to Stamats for your meeting? I’d like to voice how I feel, personally.[/QUOTE]

I will deliver your post along with other important points that were brought up.

Thanks to everyone who posted their suggestions in this thread.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;209823]I don’t know… but I know of one topless sunbather that accidentally got hit by a falling balloon filled with water. :smile: We tried to explain to here it was an accident, but she never believed us.[/QUOTE]

If she was topless, I hope you enjoyed the view for a while before she had her “accident”. In fact I think you gentleman should have never bombed her, she was providing a community service after all.:love: :naughty: