What would make the 2024 football season a success?

• 2-4
  • 5-6
  • 7-9
  • 10+
0 voters

5 or 6 win bowl game.

1 Like

6-7 wins

A bowl is what I would consider to be a successful season. Our problems on offense though are deep, I donā€™t see us getting there. I know what we said is going to be our identity, but it felt like we were trying to re-invent ourselves on that side of the ball from week to week.

I hope Iā€™m wrong but donā€™t see us getting there next year, I will happily eat crow with a smile on my face if we do.

Rachel Mcadams Yes GIF by filmeditor

clt says 6 wins and a bowl win

We are one strong recruiting cycle away from being excited about Poggi and the 2024 season. That is just what fans do.

The big question is can most of our issues be solved with influx of more talent or were an issues related to how this staff is coaching and leading. Personally I think it was both. If we are going to find 6 wins next year we have to get talent and the staff has to grow up.

It looks like we will be dogs in all 3 of our out of conference FBS games next year. Someone that may understand the AAC scheduling cycle may be able to speak to who we get next year vs this year and if it may be tougher/easier?

I really want 6 wins and to win our 1st bowl game. I think 5 wins with progress throughout the season would keep me positiveā€¦anything less will absolutely be difficult to stomach, esp with knowing App State is coming to BOA the following year.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to not get absolutely embarrassed by UNC. We have to win six and bowl for it to be a successful season.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see us not run the ball up the middle on first down 9 of 10 possessions and win six or more games. This may be asking a bit much but beating UNC Cheat and ECU would be nice as well. I do think we were better than the 2022 team but that got lost in the abysmal way we ended the season.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see us successfully run it up the middle on first down if thatā€™s what Biff insists on doing!

5-7 would be disappointing but understandable. I personally think getting to a bowl game is in reach if we can channel our talent into productive football.

All of this is predicated on the need for a FBS level QB and an OL that can keep him in the pocket for 5 seconds.

Maybe. I am personally going to be real skeptical until the wins actually come even with a great recruiting class. I personally donā€™t want to hear a lot from Biff this offseason, just get to work. When it became clear Healy didnā€™t know what to do I stop listening and at times this year it felt that way with Biff.

My expectation is, every season, at minimum 6-6 with a bowl gameā€¦but I donā€™t consider that successful but rather a minimumā€¦

My heart told me to drink Biffā€™s kool-aid, I didā€¦my head told me rebuilding is more than thatā€¦Iā€™m more realistically optimistic for 2024, but that wonā€™t alter my minimum expectationā€¦2024 is part of the rebuildingā€¦success is 9-3 for me, so Iā€™ll keep my expectation on reality and pray for success.

I will never, ever, ever expect a win vs Chapel Hill. We have played them in a ton of sports and NEVER do we get a fair shot at it. Iā€™d like to hang with them and if this defense is an indicator - a healthy one in the early season with Chapel Hill breaking in a new QB - we should play them well, but I have seen this movie too many times.

Biff needs to throw that ā€œRun the damn ballā€ hat in the trash and go find us a QB and some receivers. Nothing wrong with running the ball but in the AAC you have to score some points passing especially when you are trailing and win some shootouts.

3 Likes

Biff needs a Punt the Damn Ball hat, with it written on the underside of the hat bill

6-6 for ā€˜24

7- 5 plus either a bowl win or win against App in ā€˜25

8-4 and/or Top 4 in conference in ā€˜26

1 Like

6 wins to make a bowl game would be a successful season!

Now the OOC schedule is not easy but potentially easier than this season. JMU/UNC Chapel Hill/Indiana is not as strong as Florida/Maryland/GA State. UF and Maryland did spiral after early on though but playing at the swamp and maryland is definitely tougher than at Chapel hill and indiana. Drake maye will be gone and indiana will be on to a new coach. 2 good years to play these teams. Gardner Webb is the same as SA State although GW could be more motivated being in-state.

Does Army replace our home game against SMU or will it all get reshuffled? I think for AAC we could go 3-1 at home and 2-2 away which would give us 6 wins. GW, ECU, Temple, North Texas, UAB and Army???

clt says healy could be the gardner webb coach