When are ya'll getting a football team?

What is the holdup? What in the world do you guys do between March and November? I think a football team would bring in some much needed revenue for your college.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:10 PM [b]What is the holdup? What in the world do you guys do between March and November? I think a football team would bring in some much needed revenue for your college.[/b]
Between March and November we get excited about how our basketball team actually has postseason chances for the upcoming year. Also the occasional team member on the USA national team helps keep us pretty busy. And if we're lucky we will recruit one of the top 5 transfers in college basketball, we can usually talk about that for a little while.

I wish I was at ECU where I could sit around waiting for the football season so I can see my football team lose more games than my basketball team will win. Sounds fun to me!

the UNCC vs. UNCW football game in the future will be on par with the NC Central vs. NC A&T Classic.

but we’ve got to have the funding to actually fund the football team though…and another womans sport…so thats why we don’t have a football team…unless someone wants to donate a lot of millions to sponsor charlotte athletics then maybe

[i]Originally posted by ecuforlife[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:23 PM [b] NC Central vs. NC A&T Classic. [/b]
It's funny because either of those teams would beat ECU by double digits.
[b]I wish I was at ECU where I could sit around waiting for the football season so I can see my football team lose more games than my basketball team will win. Sounds fun to me![/b]

First, if you were at ECU, you wouldn’t be sitting around…like you’re used to at UNC-Charlotte. East Carolina is a real University with things to do in a college town.

Second, I would rather cheer for a losing ECU Football team than someone elses school that I didn’t even attend.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:27 PM [b]
[b]I wish I was at ECU where I could sit around waiting for the football season so I can see my football team lose more games than my basketball team will win. Sounds fun to me![/b]

First, if you were at ECU, you wouldn’t be sitting around…like you’re used to at UNC-Charlotte. East Carolina is a real University with things to do in a college town.

Second, I would rather cheer for a losing ECU Football team than someone elses school that I didn’t even attend.[/b]

Haha, a “college town.” Somebody builds a school building on farmland and 20 years later a Wal-Mart gets built, that’s a college town.

All we have in Charlotte is two pro sports teams, a major concert venue under 2 miles away, 100’s of clubs and bars, malls, ect… and a legitimate basketball program.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:27 PM [b]

Second, I would rather cheer for a losing ECU Football team than someone elses school that I didn’t even attend.[/b]

I’d rather face Chinese water torture than spend 9 seconds in your “college town.”

Be glad we don’t have football. It would just give us one more opportunity to kick your butts. I know we’ve beaten you at least 6 in a row in basketball. I guess that’s no big deal though since most teams in CUSA have done the same.

I didn’t know the Bobcats counted as an NBA team. Are they good enough?

[b]When are ya'll getting a football team?[/b]

When are you? :huh:

[b]Haha, a "college town." Somebody builds a school building on farmland and 20 years later a Wal-Mart gets built, that's a college town.

All we have in Charlotte is two pro sports teams, a major concert venue under 2 miles away, 100’s of clubs and bars, malls, ect… and a legitimate basketball program. [/b]

Hey butternuts,

I live in 4th Ward in Charlotte and have been to UNCC several times. Trust me, half the people in this town mistake you for CPCC.

If you ever truly went to ECU to visit, you would understand what the term college town really means.

:lol: UNCC is nothing but a spec of dust on the Queen City’s ass.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:45 PM [b] Hey butternuts,

I live in 4th Ward in Charlotte and have been to UNCC several times. Trust me, half the people in this town mistake you for CPCC.

If you ever truly went to ECU to visit, you would understand what the term college town really means.

:lol: UNCC is nothing but a spec of dust on the Queen City’s ass.[/b]

Greenville is a cow town, not a college town. Trust you? Why, did you want to sell some real estate?

Finerniner,

I have a higher post count than you on your own board, :mellow: so your opinion doesn’t matter.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:45 PM [b]
[b]Haha, a "college town." Somebody builds a school building on farmland and 20 years later a Wal-Mart gets built, that's a college town.

All we have in Charlotte is two pro sports teams, a major concert venue under 2 miles away, 100’s of clubs and bars, malls, ect… and a legitimate basketball program. [/b]

Hey butternuts,

:lol: UNCC is nothing but a spec of dust on the Queen City’s ass.[/b]

So your school stands out because it is the only thing besides gas stations and strip malls? Too bad for us we have to be in the largest city in the state. And it’s too bad that, according to you, “50%” of the people here have the intelligence level to attend ECU and can’t tell a 20,000 student school apart from a community college.

Get a life and enjoy the beatings you receive year round. We do get to experience more victory’s jsut with our basketball team than you do with your basketball and football teams combined. But I guess it’s not really about winning, you just enjoying cruising around your “college town” in your el camino’s all year long on gameday and getting just drunk enough to pretend that you actually enjoy going to your sporting events even though it’s pretty much a guarenteed loss everytime.

Don’t start getting your feelings hurt because you go to UNCC and no one notices you.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:53 PM [b]Finerniner,

I have a higher post count than you on your own board, :mellow: so your opinion doesn’t matter.[/b]

Congrats to you. You just moved higher on the buttplug scale. I can understand why you want to spend as much time as you do on a quality board, since your alternative is boner banter, or whatever you call it.

[b]since your alternative is boner banter, or whatever you call it.[/b]

Good one, no wonder your post count is so low. :mellow:

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 04:06 PM [b]
[b]since your alternative is boner banter, or whatever you call it.[/b]

Good one, no wonder your post count is so low. :mellow:

[/b]

Well, until you showed up to insult us, I preferred reading to posting. All I can say is, nice wins over St. Andrews and Belmont Abbey. Tough loss to Gardner-Webb.

Dude, I was at the ECU/NC State football game. You DO NOT have a football team! As far as your basketball team, well, when you actually beat us you can talk some $hit. Until then enjoy your a$$ kicking tonight, again.

I agree, the football team is in shambles at this point. There is no denying that. But, every team has down years. We will eventually field a bowl caliber team again and return as the states best football program. You will still root for UNC or NCSU on the gridiron. :butt: