Where is all of BP's negitive press gone???

What happened to all the negitive talk about Plav this and Plav. You would think the guy was a Cancer the way he was dissed earlier in the year. I hope that side of the board finally sees that he gives us a gun in the fight and if Curt can start bringing it like he did yesterday we will be a tough team to beat.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 10:50 AM [b] What happened to all the negitive talk about Plav this and Plav. You would think the guy was a Cancer the way he was dissed earlier in the year. I hope that side of the board finally sees that he gives us a gun in the fight and if Curt can start bringing it like he did yesterday we will be a tough team to beat. [/b]
Like PB wrote in another thread, Plav seems to finally be accepting his role. His shot selection is better, so thats why I don't have a problem with his game right now, although he still can't play defense or shoot free throws. The FT's were showing improvement until yesterday's 1-3 performance. He had made 8 in a row, I think, until Powerbait jinxed him at picasso's.

Some may have missed this from the Cincinnati Enquirer, Plavich master of 3-pointers. The Cincinnati fans absolutely loved watching Plavich and were quite interested in him.

Yeah Powerbait… you jerk. :lol:

I about fainted yesterday during the 2nd half when Plavich pump faked, drover around the guy guarding him, and hit a runner off the backboard from about 10 feet. That’s nice to see every once in awhile.

It’s in Sports Illustrated this week. In the “Inside College Basketball Section,” there was an article titled “Why So Many Missed FT’s?” Part of the article read:

“If Indiana had fouled Charlotte’s Brendan Plavich on Dec. 22 as he launched his improbably successful 45-footer at the buzzer, the Hoosiers might have won, too, instead of losing 74-73. Plavich may be among the Conference USA leaders from beyond the arc (40.3%), but he makes only 46.2% from the charity stripe.”

Shot selection??? he has been shooting anytime he was open on our side of midcourt. He has changed nothing with his selection. Admit it, you love the guy when he is shooting.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 11:57 AM [b] Yeah Powerbait... you jerk. :lol:

I about fainted yesterday during the 2nd half when Plavich pump faked, drover around the guy guarding him, and hit a runner off the backboard from about 10 feet. That’s nice to see every once in awhile. [/b]

yesterday i said "man im pretty sure thats his 3rd two pointer since has been here. " my friend then said “weren’t they all this year too?” good to see he may have added something.

I think the key has been , he is taking less off balanced, rushed threes.

When he is patient, and waits until he is open, he is very good.

I think when he is jacking up wild threes is where the critics come in.

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 11:13 AM [b] I think the key has been , he is taking less off balanced, rushed threes.

When he is patient, and waits until he is open, he is very good.

I think when he is jacking up wild threes is where the critics come in. [/b]

Agree,

When he is on fire I say he has the green light when he steps across half court. He is playing a better overall game. I actually think he is playing some decent defense. He got a few rebounds Saturday, and as usual drew the defenders to him.

Earlier in the year he was firing up and missing without even getting into the offense. If he gets his shots while running the offense - great.

Why would you start a thead like this when you already knew the answer to the question? Of course I’m not going to criticize good basketball, that’s why I criticize bad basketball!

I didn’t get a chance to watch the Marquette game, so I don’t know what really happened except that we won.

I will say that my problem is not with Brendan shooting the ball, it’s all about shot selection and I don’t think a 30 footer is a good shot at any point in the game.

My biggest problem is the lack of discipline within our team and the fact that shooting from so far out is not only acceptable but encouraged.

From that Cinci article (in case anyone still doubted how much attention he gets):

“Any time he’s on the floor, literally as soon as he crosses halfcourt, you have to be aware where he is,” UC associate head coach Andy Kennedy said. “He’s one of only a handful of guys in the country that you can say that about.”

This year he has earned his right to shoot from anywhere at any time…except the free throw line in the closing minutes.

Everyone in the building thinks he’s going to shoot-it. If he continues to be smart with it, he’ll be even more dangerous setting guys up. Great to see him grabbing some key rebounds, too.

I’ve also noticed that his defense, rebounding, passing and overall hustle has improved over the last month.

Tintin

[i]Originally posted by Tintin[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 03:45 PM [b] I've also noticed that his defense, rebounding, passing and overall hustle has improved over the last month.

Tintin [/b]

It has indeed. I’m surprised at how well he has been taking care of the ball. He’s becoming a real team player, which is what we’ve always needed out of him.