Where will you be Wed. night???

It has come to my attention that a couple of our loyal season ticket holders are baggin the game to stay home and watch the unc/dook game. Curious if others feel the same. At what point to you think you help the home crowd??? If you bag it really no big deal…or is it.

I’ll be watchin it on the TV (if there is any), or listening to it via the internet feed. If I lived in the QueenCity, I’ld be at the game for sure :confused:

If my class doesn’t get out too late I will be there

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 03:52 PM [b] It has come to my attention that a couple of our loyal season ticket holders are baggin the game to stay home and watch the unc/dook game. Curious if others feel the same. At what point to you think you help the home crowd??? If you bag it really no big deal...or is it. [/b]
If that is true, I would not use the word "loyal".

I think you should add to that list of voting possiblilities…going to the Charlotte game, then leaving early to watch some, other game, on tv at 9. I actually know a few people in the student section that will be leaving early for the…other game…anyone sitting in the student section, make sure you heckle the shit out of everyone you see leaving early.

I thought I was gonna have to pull a “Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch” moment today when some girl in class asked me “hey what times the game on wed?” And I said 7:30. Then some dude goes no it’s at 9. And I was like naw dude, we play at 7:30 trust me…Then the chick that asked me the question originally, goes “oh no who cares about the Charlotte game, I was asking about DUKE Carolina”… :huh: Bitch you serious???

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 03:57 PM [b] I'll be watchin it on the TV (if there is any), or listening to it via the internet feed. If I lived in the QueenCity, I'ld be at the game for sure :/ [/b]
i had a live internet feed a long time ago, and i can't figure out how i got to it - what do you download to listen to wfnz?

I was thinking of staying home and watching the play by play of the Texas St./Stephen F. Austin game.

Any TV for the Houston/Charlotte game?

Any help for out of towners?

I may sit this one out… I’ve had an untreatable headache for the past 3 1/2 weeks… It’s starting to go away and I’m not taking the risk after what my head felt like Saturday night! It will still be a game time decision though…

It’s the usual 150 mile round tripper for me. And if all goes well in terms of the Houston-49ers game ending promptly, I’ll still get home in time to see the finish of Duke-UNC Chapel Hill.

I’d never miss a home 49ers game just to watch another game on television. I hope those “loyal” fans will give their tickets to someone that will use them, let’s cultivate some new fans.

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 04:07 PM [b] I may sit this one out... I've had an untreatable headache for the past 3 1/2 weeks... It's starting to go away and I'm not taking the risk after what my head felt like Saturday night! It will still be a game time decision though... [/b]
Quit using a headache as an excuse to stay home and watch the Tarheels. :P

Coming from Winston myself and I kinda like the idea of having that one to listen to on the way back. We always say don’t worry about the top 25, but I think if we could get in it and stay anywhere from 20-25 we would see an impact on the crowd situation.

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 04:07 PM [b] I may sit this one out... I've had an untreatable headache for the past 3 1/2 weeks... It's starting to go away and I'm not taking the risk after what my head felt like Saturday night! It will still be a game time decision though... [/b]
"IT'S NOT A TUMA" - Arnold the Kindergarten Cop

You’re preaching to the choir.

I’ll be suffering through Matt on the 1:30 second Internet delayed, gerbil powered (Mark, put it back), Sports Leader of the South (side of Charlotte).

You can listen to the live internet broadcast for free in Yahoo! sports.

I have a UNCC grad friend whom I recently asked who his favorite cbb teams were…

He said #1 Duke, #2 Charlotte.

So I asked him if he had a good time while attending Duke University

He tried to deflect the question

Then I asked if the two teams met up, who would he pull for.

It was conditional, @ Duke would be w/ the Crazies, anywhere else would be for Charlotte.

I’m afraid similar attitudes are always going to exist. Everywhere else in the world people love an underdog story. Another UNCC grad is a huge Florida State fan, another Dukie, and these are people who used to go to the games. I wonder if there are more UNC fans at the school than 9er fans. :huh:

Up until a couple of years ago, the Duke-Carolina games were basically the events of the year for me. Now I’m happy to say I didn’t even know they played this week until someone mentioned it on here. If the Niners didn’t have a game, I’d watch the Duke-Carolina game. Since they do have a game though, that’s where I’ll be. When our game is over, I’ll probably watch the second half of the other game, and if I decide it’s incredibly important that I see the first half, there’s always this little invention called a VCR.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 04:11 PM [b] Coming from Winston myself and I kinda like the idea of having that one to listen to on the way back. We always say don't worry about the top 25, but I think if we could get in it and stay anywhere from 20-25 we would see an impact on the crowd situation. [/b]
True. After tomorrow there are 2 Wednesday games and a Saturday afternoon homecoming/senior day game don't expect much from the locals now.

Gee, it the season that far along? It seems like yesterday that Pfeiffer came into Halton.

[i]Originally posted by ballboy+Feb 8 2005, 05:12 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (ballboy @ Feb 8 2005, 05:12 PM)

Eddie B. is going to break th CUSA steal record and “loyal”/season ticket holders are going to miss the game for another game on tv?!?!?

Good point pcon…I know your out there listening.