Where's the 6 FB wins going to come from?

Now that Coach is talking about it, we can too.
Seems pretty simple now, at least from a road map standpoint. Win the road games and possibly steal the home game against Marshall, but damn that Marshall QB is putting up some numbers. We need Benny full force for all 3. Win 2 we are heading somewhere that doesnā€™t have a direct flight, win 3 we have a real long shot at Belk, remember these bowls are about business not competition

Iā€™m very nervous and have a bad feeling about UTEP. It reminds me of
Rice in 2016. We are still a couple of injuries away from out team being not great. The lack of depth terrifies me. The travel terrifies me. The Miners deciding to show up terrifies me.

We need steal this one and spend the two weeks getting healthy.

4 Likes

This game worried me a bit earlier in the season too, UTEP has an elusive mobile QB and likes to run. The trip to El Paso will be our longest road trip in history, and UTEP has been hanging closer against some FBS opponents than they have in the recent past.

Our D has stiffened a bit against the run though, and we are 12 point favorites for a reason. I disagree that we will be stealing one if we get the W Saturday, weā€™ll be taking care of business. I get the Rice analogy but I have much more faith in this coaching staff than the previous one to keep the team focused and energized.

Win a game we should Saturday and weā€™ll have everything in the world to play for against Marshall, letā€™s go get it done.

1 Like

For us this is a ā€œ2:00pmā€ game when you also factor in the end of DST, which is exactly 1:30 minutes earlier than our late season home start time. I donā€™t expect jet lag to be a factor as itā€™s generally milder going west than east, and I suspect the team will be kept on an EST schedule at the hotel.

We have faced and beaten two highly mobile QBā€™s that like to tuck and run in the last two weeks as well. They prefer to run and if we can focus on that they will have to beat us in the air. Fact is they havenā€™t beaten anyone in this conference or FBS this year and I donā€™t expect to be their first.

I see no excuses for why we shouldnā€™t handle business in El Paso on Saturday, so long as we play ball control like we did against MTSU. They arenā€™t suddenly going to find an amazing defense and a proficient offense hiding somewhere on their benches. This is not a game they can win, it is a game we can lose though.

2 Likes