White Death

So, my family has been living in the south for too long.

My mom just came into my room, woke me up, and said, “I’m going to the grocery store… I need you to go to BJ’s and fill the propane tanks.”

My, how we have regressed.

Post your panic stories and snow totals here.

Still Raining out here in Waxhaw.

This may be the last time I ever have access to a computer.

We just loaded our basement with cases of powdered milk, distilled water and rice.

We are preparing to shut off the electricity and move to a safer area until the Kill Storm passes.

I don’t know how long I may be gone.

I hope the weather clears so I can see some Niners baseball this coming weekend.

Log Note #1, March 1st, 2009.

This is very hard to write. Times are tough in Greensboro. Kill Storm has transitioned from rain to very cold rain. Things could get ugly soon.

Being forced to eat Breakfast Burritos for sustenance. I hope we are not forced to eat the pets.

Best of luck to whomever receives this. God speed.

A REPRIEVE !!!

we got the generator to work. it had not been used since Hugo. not sure how long it will last. Before retreating to the basement, I took one last look outside. the sky was getting more ominous by the minute. I just hope that everyone

[I]March 1st, 2009

-Times are getting tough and with this rapid change in the weather I don’t know if we have enough supplies. I have recalled from my inventory that I am low on milk but my supply of home brew is good but will it last. I fear the worst as this rain gets colder, god help us all.
[/I]

A REPRIEVE !!!!

we got the generator to work. it had not been used since Hugo. not sure how long it will last. Before retreating to the basement, I took one last look outside. the sky was getting more ominous by the minute. I just hope that everyone

HOPE THAT EVERYONE WHAT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… WHY GOD!!!

I am running on laptop batter power… my internet is down so I am leeching off a neighbor… I am currently charging my phone of my laptop battery… I don’t know how long we will make it. I only have 2 weeks worth of canned goods, bottled water, and beer. I am ordering Jimmy Johns currently to save the little supplies I have left. I’ll update when JJ’s get’s here… assuming they make it.

I had to throw some Leemire elbows just now at the grocery store. There were only two 1% gallons of milk left, and the little kid a little old lady were not keeping me from having my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios in the morning. Don’t know who got the last one, as both were visibly shaken when I took control and grabbed mine. Still plenty of bread, though, if anybody is hankering for a sam’ich.

You laugh now. Mother Nature will get the last laugh here!

clt just finished his igloo in the backyard. clt will pass the time during the blizzard by reading “roy williams thoughts on rihanna and chris brown: a three part special series” on charlotte.com

I’m in dwntwn atl at rhe world congress ctr and omni, and its a whiteout

I'm in dwntwn atl at rhe world congress ctr and omni, and its a whiteout

It’s worse than we thought…Winter DeathStorm 09 is already killing off Metro’s vowels.

:biggrin:

Left at 8 AM this morning to make it to my parents in central VA (about a half hour North of Richmond). I was able to beat the Perfect Storm the entire ride. 20 mins after my arrival it turned to huge snow flakes, we are now blanketed in the largest dusting of snow my eyes may ever see. I’ll be lucky to make it back to Charlotte in one piece, both physically… and emotionally. Thank god there was a Roast Beef Sandwich and Pepsi waiting for me upon my arrival.

Survival is a Gill family tradition. When I was in the womb I battled for dominance and emerged as the winner. Now, I just braved a jog to the grocery store in the frigid rain to leave a scent trail so when people are terrorized by the snow and cannot find the Harris Teeter I will be their hero. Once I finish off this gallon of water, I will run out and finish the rest of the job.

At first, I thought this was a racist post…

Right now, I believe we are in the eye of the storm. After a few hours of treacherous, cold rain, we have an eery calm. I know this is just the beginning as a white monster is about to wreak holy hell on us.

If you watch the Weather Channel’s radar, it almost seems like 90% of the moisture passed us before the cold front hit. Rather disappointing thus far.

Close to 4" here in central VA and still falling at a high rate.

Winter Death Storm 2009 has finally made its impact in Texas. Temperatures plummeted to the low sixties, forcing people to break out jackets and other warm-weather gear. Texans everywhere lose control of their cars as their tires are unaccustomed to the low temperatures and smash into telephone poles and even run through the front doors of businesses.

Log #2, March 1st, 2009. Summerfield, NC

Really cold rain has transitioned into small ice particles. The skin on your body cannot withstand the storm, open air exposure means instant annoyance.

Ran out of propane. Had to cook ribeyes the steaks on the grill inside. Moral is at all time low, resulting in loss at Mario Kart Wii.

I fear the worst. My only hope is that God spares us and only deposits 20 of his originally planned 40 inches of white death.

Beer supply replenished this afternoon, hopefully it will last long enough to dull the pains of starvation. God speed.