White Death

Log #3, March 1st, 2009. Summerfield, NC

Full time half-blizzard has gripped the house. Visibility has been limited to a few feet. It is also dark outside. Unsure if this is from nightfall or heavy cloud cover. I have lost track of time.

Tensions are running high. Family members have begun to throw balls of compacted White Death at each other. Manic laughter could be heard. The chocolate Fondu and cupcakes are running low. We are less only two bottles of wine thanks to good rationing.

The power has been precariously unwavering. That could change at any second with the flip of a switch.

Pets are safe for now. God speed.

if this message finds someone, please send help. ill be dead soon. milk and bread running low. Pabst Blue Ribbon supply is steady, however.

Snowing hard here in Granite Falls. We have gathered all the furniture that can burn and started a bon fire in the living room. We put the 3 year old and 5 year old to bed and gave them each what in fact may be the last kiss we may ever give them. X, if you survive and see this, I apologize for those pranks in college and just so you know, your inspiration guided that egg to it’s perfect landing.

JFelt, we are praying for you.

Gotta go. The wife said was expecting 8-10 inches tonight and I don’t think she was talking about snow.

My wife said the same thing…and she WAS talking about the snow :frowning: Reality check…bummer!!!

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;388530]

Gotta go. The wife said was expecting 8-10 inches tonight and I don’t think she was talking about snow.[/QUOTE]

I just spit beer out my nose!!!

wow, just wow, I would quote all the ones that made me laugh but there are too many. :lmao:

Log #4, March 1st, 2009. Summerfield, NC

This will be my last entry of the day. The stress and constant worry has left me tired and slightly confused. Only alcohol can keep my body warm. The electricity can only do so much. I fear that without the spirits, I may freeze to death in the middle of the night.

One of the animals must have noticed the dwindling food supply. He ran outside. Have not seen him for 20 minutes.

The house is eerily silent. The family is either dead or sleeping. I cannot determine. This White Death is quickly overtaking my thoughts.

I have prepared for the worst. Tomorrow I will wake in a post-apocalyptic society. My neighbors will be my enemies.

God speed, gentlemen and women.

Last report before bedtime. 32.5 degrees, 2" on the ground, and it’s still falling. Engaged in snowball fight with chocolate labs on their final potty break. Older one was not amused and became increasingly irritated. He saw a little snow last year, so it’s not new to him. Also could not figure out where the balls I threw went after they hit him or the ground. White camoflauge, I suppose. This was the younger ones first accumulative snow. She was fascinated by white death and tried to eat as much as she could. Fire is burning low, and I am already dreading driving to work in the morning. Must go to bed before Pale Rider (on AMC) enacts revenge on LaHood. If I make it through the night, I will post tomorrow.

P.S. I forgive you MM. That was the only chance you had of making a sorority girl scream.

[QUOTE=X-49er;388537] Must go to bed before Pale Rider (on AMC) enacts revenge on LaHood. If I make it through the night, I will post tomorrow.

P.S. I forgive you MM. That was the only chance you had of making a sorority girl scream.[/QUOTE]

PREACHER!!!

the white death was so bad here I took two poops within the hour.

about 3 1/2 to 4 inches on the ground at my house in Davie County, and the snow is still pouring down.

First Post: March 2nd, 2009
[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE] [FONT=&quot][SIZE=4]After the first flake dropped i lost all power. I have been working on getting it back all da[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=&quot][SIZE=4]y[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=&quot][SIZE=4] I finall[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=&quot][SIZE=4]y was able to build a wheel and harness the energy into a potato and I was able to transfer that power to my lap top to relay my message. If anyone survives and wants to go to the colony of survivors in Mexico with me meet me at Halton Arena at noon where we will gather supplies to make the trip. We will need all the help we can get for the ones who have died in the snow will likely return as zombies. My only hope is that there are other survivors…

edit: the storm has gotten so bad it changed the font. it was so bad i had to paste from microsoft word[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

My residence has been surrounded by an army of over-weight white zombie mutants with large black eyes and orange pointed noses. This must be the calm before the storm, as they are stoic and show less emotion than the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. I am expecting an attack before dawn. I have barricaded the doors and windows, and am working on an anticdote for the mutants. So far, I have been able to confirm the White Death slime consists of 2 parts hydrogen. I am sure another element is present, but haven’t been able to isolate it with certainty as of now. Can any of NN channel the spirit of Charlton Heston? I feel sure he was on to something…
Must go now…windows are fogging up…

My residence has been surrounded by an army of over-weight white zombie mutants with large black eyes and orange pointed noses. This must be the calm before the storm, as they are stoic and show less emotion than the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. I am expecting an attack before dawn. I have barricaded the doors and windows, and am working on an anticdote for the mutants. So far, I have been able to confirm the White Death slime consists of 2 parts hydrogen. I am sure another element is present, but haven't been able to isolate it with certainty as of now. Can any of NN channel the spirit of Charlton Heston? I feel sure he was on to something.... Must go now....windows are fogging up....

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]It sounds like we could use the good doctor Robert Neville from I Am Legend. He had the antidote in his blood, if we could onl[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]y[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] find one of us with the same genetic makeup we could have a chance. Has an[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]y[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]one stocked up on firewood and matches for the white zombies?[/SIZE][/FONT]

It looks like I am one of the survivors. I just heard via handheld radio that the southern border has been blocked and shut down. This is what Stonecoldken has been crying for, yet he knew not what he was asking for. It seems that our only hope is going to be to get there by water. I vote we head west for the Mississipi and float straight down to the Gulf. From there we are in God’s hands as we attempt a run in the Gulf towards the survivor colony.

Let’s just say that while this thread is a nightmare…it could have been worse. Initially, I thought this was a thread started by the Black Power Movement. I’d rather face killer snow any day.

clt has emerged from his igloo, sans directv but alive.

tap tap tap

fuel and water are low all liquor is consumed tempers are short i didn’t sleep all night

i now know why as i captured this photo in my yard early this morning

for the good of my family i am going back into hiding and updating my last will and testiment.

goodbye everyone?

Decided against better judgement and went to work this morning. All of the Interstate, US, and NC routes were in pretty good shape. Measured 3" on the ground at the house. My labs were gleeful this morning at 6:25 and did not want to come back inside until I broke out the Alpo snaps. I fear the roads tomorrow will be worse than they were this morning, and so will the drivers on the road.

Encountered large, hungry-looking house cat upon my arrival to work. Did not have time to see if it was okay, and it became rather hostile when approached. If you see the cat below, the owner is looking for it.

Log #5, March 2nd, 2009. Summerfield, NC

Awoke to a disturbance in the household this morning. Remained in hibernation until the noise had died down. Have not yet determined the source.

The White Death tallied 3-4 inches of terror outside my residence. Many tree limbs have succumbed to the weight. I fear for my roof, transportation and sanity.

My canine became aggressive when exposed to the White Death. Although 15 years old, she still attempted to defend me by jumping in the midst of such horrors. Perhaps I am safe now thanks to her. I had to venture outdoors to retrieve the last issue of the newspaper I will ever receive. The neighbors are in hiding. I know later their children will be tempted to go outside into the White Death. They will only survive if Hot Cocoa is available. I hope they have rationed well.

Please keep JoeSixPack in your prayers. I received a distress signal not too long ago. I fear the worst may have happened.

God speed, ninernation.net