WHO CALLED THAT WALMART STOCK TIP IN!!!

Gotta give dap to whatever fan who called in with the Walmart Stock Tip. That was so funny I almost crashed my car when I was in park.

anyone got a word for word recap?

Sweet! I guess they played it.

I never listen to the show but I read a post earlier this morning here in another thread where NA said WalMart stock rose 200%. I thought it would make a good whiner line (knowing the show would be full of WalMart Tarheel bandwagon blow hard fans).

So I thought I would represent (I hope NA doesnā€™t mind me using his line for inspiration)

I canā€™t remember every word but it went something like this:

ā€œTrading Alert - Trading Alertā€¦
Insider Hot Stock tip for WalMart.
WalMart is currently a Strong Buy.
After the Tarheel victory last night, WalMart sales are expected to triple, especially at retail locations in low income & trailor park districts. These bandwagon Tarheel fans, that have no affiliation at all with the school, are expected to make WalMart stockholders rich beyond their wildest dreams overnight.ā€

What was the response?

Did anyone on that Baby Blue show actually GET the joke of it?

Classic :lol:

I expect to see that Phil Ford, Michael Jordan and Dean Smith will be indicted for insider stock trading of Wal-mart stock on the TV news next week.

They played it and most of those guys were laughing like crazy. Although one of them (Packer methinks) made a jab about ā€œYeah and all those Duke fans went to Duke.ā€ Everyone in the studio was dying, I was crying my car. It was hilarious.

for the record, last night I suggested buying wal-mart stock options :smiley: (which were up today I believe a good bit, lol link to todayā€™s Options trading

naā€™s post was much more creative though, good job K-Town.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Apr 5 2005, 10:40 PM [b] I was crying my car. [/b]
That sounds like it hurt like hell.

Nice job. You should continue it. Thereā€™s going to be a lot of movement in the offseason.

The Observer ran a story in the business section Tuesday on Walmartā€™s climb among Fortune 500 companies. Coincidence? I donā€™t think so. :lol:

Hilarious. Great job.

Did KTown mention if he was a 49er or not? Just curious. I wonder if Packerā€™s response would have been a little different depending on if he did or did not.

Supremely classic - I wish I heard that. The nice thing is that I can imagine the Tarheel fans ā€˜cringeā€™ when that zapped across the 6 block radius that WFNZ hits.

Beautiful. Just beautiful :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Apr 6 2005, 10:25 AM [b] Did KTown mention if he was a 49er or not? [/b]
No I did not identify myself or my team affiliation.

I didnā€™t hear it played eitherā€¦but 49erFan1 apparently did. His post regarding Packā€™s response (which was a jab at Duke bandwagon fans) makes it sound like Pack thought it was a Duke fan that made the call.

I wonder if heā€™s disappointed or upset after reading about it on our message board. :lol:

Fudge could never know there is quality material here all the time.

What is the origin of ā€œdapā€