Who Else is Sick of the Hype

Our defense is better than average…it is the coordinator. Jenkins is the best tackle in the league…Peppers is a freak…Morgan is the man when he is healthy (although he didn’t show up on sunday). Gamble will be a star in this league. We are just way to conservative on D.

As for the guy who said Vick is an average QB…What does that man have to do to silence the critics?

[i]Originally posted by casstommy[/i]@Sep 16 2005, 03:24 PM [b] As for the guy who said Vick is an average QB..........What does that man have to do to silence the critics? [/b]
How about complete more than 55% of his passes and have a QB Rating higher than 55.

Define average vrs elite. I put Manning in the elite category and he doesn’t have a lot of company right now. Brady maybe, but he doesn’t have to throw for 50 TDs for the Pats to be successful.

I think is Vick is average, maybe a little above. He’s so athletic, he’s a tremendous weapon. But, he’s flawed like most of the other QBs in the league. Great legs and a gun, but not the most accurate dude on the planet.

Great players are measured by other things than just stats…the guys a winner…period.

Depends on your definition of a winner, cass. But still, it’s an apples to oranges comparison because you can’t predict what Brady would do in Atlanta and Vick would do in Foxboro.

As someone experienced with Kordell as a Pittsburgh fan, I’d take Vick over Stewart (and before you leer, Kordell QB’d in two NFC Championship games).

Kordell was boss hog for a while…I used to love slash

That D looked pretty good yesterday…

I like the new white “slash”, Matt Jones in JAX

Wow did that Panther defense suck yesterday. THEY SUCK!

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Sep 19 2005, 05:57 PM [b] Wow did that Panther defense suck yesterday. THEY SUCK! [/b]
It's amazing what better play calling can do.

We blitzed more in one series against NE than we did ALL GAME against NO.

We’ve got the athletes to have a great D…but our Coordinator has to use them for them to be effective. He used them…and attacked Brady.

If we would have attacked Brooks…there could have been a different result.
If we would have attacked Brady in the SuperBowl…who knows??

Maybe we learned something thru it all…if we keep attacking our athletes can make plays.

It’s called pressuring the QB. Let any NFL QB sit back, make his reads, go through his progressions and they complete 2/3 or 3/4 of their passes.

Conversely, pressure anybody in the history of the game, you’re going to be successful. It amazes me that D coordiators around the league don’t seem to realize that the best D’s are the most aggressive ones.