Who has a better program?

This seems to be a question debated on frequently this season. Now here’s your chance to make it official. This poll is completely scientific and will let college basketball fans around the world know the undeniable truth once and for all.

In its history? NCSU
In the last 10 years? Charlotte
This year? Charlotte

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 04:02 PM [b] In its history? NCSU In the last 10 years? Charlotte This year? Charlotte [/b]
Agreed.
[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 04:02 PM [b] In its history? NCSU In the last 10 years? Charlotte This year? Charlotte [/b]
Who has the better team this year? Charlotte.
Program? Guess that depends on your definition. Do you include fan support? They sell more tickets. Only quality of play? History? Ability to recruit McDonalds AAs? Ability to recruit in the Top 100? National stature and recognition?

9 to 1. Its a landslide! Charlotte wins. There was a close battle for 2nd place. The Wolfpack barely edge out Div. II Guilford College by only 1 vote. Remember, this poll is flawless and the results are irrefutable and final.

God Bless America!

I’d vote for the Quakers, but I’m Amish.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 04:32 PM [b] They sell more tickets. [/b]
They've only got more than double the seats (19,722) available to sell, Mike.

[SIZE=2]WEAR GREEN[/SIZE]

So if the Niners played at Charlotte Coliseum, with 24,000 seats, they’d outsell N.C. State?

well we would sell a lot more for cincy

The Cincinnati game sold out today at 3:30, just over 72 hours before gametime. You need only double that in the next three days to sell out a game at the RBC Center.

The RBC Center is a not a good venue for college basketball. Every week there is a thread on NCSU boards about how Renoylds Col was/is better for the fans, team and wins. I never thought that the Dean Dome would have more college atmosphere than an NCSU home game… but it does.

All that being said, RBC Center makes the Pack a lot more money. Although, right now they are not getting those extra checks from Gale Force Holdings from the hockey concessions, parking, and such.

[b]The Cincinnati game sold out today at 3:30, just over 72 hours before gametime. You need only double that in the next three days to sell out a game at the RBC Center.[/b]

Let’s be realistic here. Our substantial student allottment “sold out” (they were already sold before the season even started, just means all were picked up) in 7.5 hours. That’s roughly half the arena in less than one day.

We have a better team this year and a better coach. We have had a better team over the past 10 years. State has more tradition, better fan support, better arena, and play in a more established conference. With the resources they have, they should be a much better program.

They don’t sell out every game. If we had Duke, Carolina, and Wake at home we would sell out the Superdome.

Back to the question… they have won two national titles in the last 30 years…hard to compete. I sure everyone in here would give back our 7 in 10 run for the NCAA’s for one national title and no other apperances in those 10 years. Plus they play in the best basketball conf. ever. We bounce from conf. to conf. never really giving ourselves a natural rival to consistantly root againgst. Cincy was nice cause they were a carryover from the Metro but now they are gone. Id say they have us. As for this year on a neutral site I think it would be a pick um.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 05:02 PM [b] The Cincinnati game sold out today at 3:30, just over 72 hours before gametime. You need only double that in the next three days to sell out a game at the RBC Center. [/b]
Didn't tickets just go on sale today?
[b] Didn't tickets just go on sale today?[/b]

I don’t think they even had the chance to be sold to the general public, they were picked up so quickly.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 06:18 PM [b]
[b] Didn't tickets just go on sale today?[/b]

I don’t think they even had the chance to be sold to the general public, they were picked up so quickly. [/b]

The non-student side has been on sale for awhile now. I picked up 2 extras during the ECU game for the Cincy game. I don’t know when they sold out for this side.

[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles+Feb 2 2005, 05:22 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mr. Bojangles @ Feb 2 2005, 05:22 PM)
[b]Cincy was nice cause they were a carryover from the Metro but now they are gone. Id say they have us.[/b]

Cincy was not a carryover from the Metro, Louisville was.

[b]As for this year on a neutral site I think it would be a pick um. [/b]

You serious? Damn, I know the ECU thing stung, but State just plain sucks. And, more years than not, that I can remember, we’re better than them.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Feb 2 2005, 05:16 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Feb 2 2005, 05:16 PM)