Who in the hell does our fundraising?

[URL=http://www.nacubo.org/documents/about/FY05NESInstitutionsbyTotalAssets.pdf]http://www.nacubo.org/documents/about/FY05NESInstitutionsbyTotalAssets.pdf[/URL]

#335 ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

some look at this and say, wow no way we get football. And i look at this and say look dubois, and other idiots who have been on our board for way to long, get a football team so we can get some damn support from the students on this campus, who will then turn into alumni with well paying jobs. I am tired as all of all the DUMB choices this school makes.
“uggh well we just dont feel it is the right time for football, we would like to make our way all the way down to the Southern Athletic conference. We feel that this would be a level we can compete at the top level at and save money by making quick trips to catawba college, livingstone, and mars hill because for some damn reason they were able to have a football team. We would also like for oil to hit 100 a barrel so that the cost to build a stadium doubles.”

Quit acting like the university of phoenix, grow some balls, act like a real university and do something to right this ship. You cant have it both ways, you cant sit on your ass and use the “compete at the top level” its bullcrap. The longer you sit the further we drop. Conference realignments have already hurt us once, if not more than i am able to recall. Awful, completely awful.

AND QUIT SPENDING MONEY ON A BASEBALL, A SPORT NOBODY GOES TO SEE!!!

I believe we’re one of the last in the state as far as alums giving also…

Hopefully this guy will help…?

[URL=http://www.publicrelations.uncc.edu/default.asp?id=15&objId=134]Niles Sorensen Named Vice Chancellor for Development and Alumni Affairs[/URL]

[QUOTE]Former Charlotte YMCA executive also will lead university foundation…He also will serve as president of the university’s recently reorganized Foundation, working with an appointed 45-member board to enhance the university’s ongoing base of private support.
[/QUOTE]

Number of phone calls I’ve recieved about giving = 0.

Number of letters I’ve opened about giving = 0.

This is why our fundraising sucks.

What stuns me more is we have a larger endowment than ECU, yet they have football.

Number of phone calls I've recieved about giving = 0.

This is why our fundraising sucks.

ditto

What stuns me more is we have a larger endowment than ECU, yet they have football.
have you seen the economy of a 20 mile radius around that town?

[QUOTE=49erFan1;183324]Number of phone calls I’ve recieved about giving = 0.

This is why our fundraising sucks.[/QUOTE]

This is strange…I get calls and letters every year.

[QUOTE=upstate49er;183327]This is strange…I get calls and letters every year.[/QUOTE]
I get some letters, but no calls. I think I got one in the past couple of months for the Art program, or something like that. I probably get the general school fundraiser letters as well.

I get letters from the 49er Club and about academic donations and I am still in school. Give them updated contact information and you should get something

mkniner can you edit ID’s post so it doesn’t say that word you don’t like me using. since i’ve matured a little i’m not gonna say what it is he said.

[QUOTE=CMack124;183334]I get letters from the 49er Club and about academic donations and I am still in school. [B] Give them updated contact information and you should get something[/B][/QUOTE]

This is what I did and I get a call and a couple of letters every year. Sometimes one has to show a little initiative.

Easy (cheap) ways to help:
[URL=http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/alumni_benefits/affinity_programs.asp]http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/alumni_benefits/affinity_programs.asp[/URL]

The Alumni Association's Board of Governors uses royalty income from the program to increase the Alumni Association Scholarships' endowment and to award four annual scholarships to deserving students. Other proceeds are used to assist student activities and academic programs, and to enhance alumni programming on campus.

I also noticed that Lowes now offers green gift cards with the UNCC Niner Logo. I do not know if the school does or does not receive any type of royalty for those.

I also noticed that Lowes now offers green gift cards with the UNCC Niner Logo. I do not know if the school does or does not receive any type of royalty for those.

i would believe that anything with the logo on it they would get a piece of the pie, its probably a small crumb. but those crumbs add up. I am signing up for the credit card tonight and will get a tag the next time mine is up.

I get several phone calls/letters from unc-chapel hill every year(even after I told them I will only give to my undergraduate institution).

I remember 1 phone call and a couple of letters in the 9 yrs since I have graduated from Charlotte.

Name change would help with fundraising also,
University of Charlotte!!!

i have a unc charlotte mastercard. i think some of the proceeds from it go to the university or maybe the alumni association. either way, its a good excuse to my wife why we need a 45 inch flat screen tv in the bedroom.

It was just reported that the 2 big banks in Charlotte have 2 trillion in assets now, thats more than the GDP of about every nation on earth…TAP INTO IT!

I have only been graduated one year and I have gotten a few calls and letters already. However, I think I’ve gotten more calls about donations to the atheletic department than to the school as a whole…

[QUOTE=ChevEE;183367]I have only been graduated one year and I have gotten a few calls and letters already. However, I think I’ve gotten more calls about donations to the atheletic department than to the school as a whole…[/QUOTE]
I wonder how you got on the list for phone calls, as (as I said before) I’ve never gotten a call from anyone at the school for money. Maybe it’s a random list that they go off of, or maybe my last name is too far down in the alphabetical list.