Who in the hell does our fundraising?

C49er: I wonder how you got on the list for phone calls, as (as I said before) I've never gotten a call from anyone at the school for money. Maybe it's a random list that they go off of, or maybe my last name is too far down in the alphabetical list.

I will gladly pass them onto you if you want… It could be alphabetically, I’m up around the top.

That list is for Schools Endowment Funds and all the schools ahead of us on the list have one thing in common, they are a lot older than us…

Who, 10 years from now, figures to be our most affluent alumni?
Niblock when he retires from the head of Lowes?

[QUOTE=C49er;183368]I wonder how you got on the list for phone calls, as (as I said before) I’ve never gotten a call from anyone at the school for money. Maybe it’s a random list that they go off of, or maybe my last name is too far down in the alphabetical list.[/QUOTE]

C49er - If you like, update your info on the school’s website via the following link:

[URL=http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/about_us/form_update_info.asp]Alumni Update Form[/URL]

I updated my info after I moved recently and got something in the mail at my new address not long afterward. Hopefully this will work.

i agree with jimmy. i don’t think this is something to get spun up about. we’re a young university competing (on that list at least) with the top universities in the country. as long as we are moving up and not down, i don’t see why we’d be upset about it.

[QUOTE=C49er;183368]Ior maybe my name is too far down in the alphabetical list.[/QUOTE]

“C49er” should come right after “A” and “B”, so that can’t be it. :smile:

Actually, I think Jimmyhat has a valid point.

[QUOTE=VA49er;183376]C49er - If you like, update your info on the school’s website via the following link:

[URL=http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/about_us/form_update_info.asp]Alumni Update Form[/URL]

I updated my info after I moved recently and got something in the mail at my new address not long afterward. Hopefully this will work.[/QUOTE]

I can update it - I’m pretty sure I’ve had the same phone number for about 8 years now, and I know they have my snail mail/email addresses, as I do get things at those addresses.

I was just surprised that people get phone calls, but I may as well update that while I’m at it.

[QUOTE=ninerID;183314][URL=http://www.nacubo.org/documents/about/FY05NESInstitutionsbyTotalAssets.pdf]http://www.nacubo.org/documents/about/FY05NESInstitutionsbyTotalAssets.pdf[/URL]

#335 ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

some look at this and say, wow no way we get football. And i look at this and say look dubois, and other idiots who have been on our board for way to long, get a football team so we can get some damn support from the students on this campus, who will then turn into alumni with well paying jobs. I am tired as all of all the DUMB choices this school makes.
“uggh well we just dont feel it is the right time for football, we would like to make our way all the way down to the Southern Athletic conference. We feel that this would be a level we can compete at the top level at and save money by making quick trips to catawba college, livingstone, and mars hill because for some damn reason they were able to have a football team. We would also like for oil to hit 100 a barrel so that the cost to build a stadium doubles.”

Quit acting like the university of phoenix, grow some balls, act like a real university and do something to right this ship. You cant have it both ways, you cant sit on your ass and use the “compete at the top level” its bullcrap. The longer you sit the further we drop. Conference realignments have already hurt us once, if not more than i am able to recall. Awful, completely awful.

AND QUIT SPENDING MONEY ON A BASEBALL, A SPORT NOBODY GOES TO SEE!!![/QUOTE]

How much money have you given to the school this year? If you aren’t forking out money for the athletic department, then shut your mouth. If you do, great.

we’ve got a long way to go before we catch up with kalamazzo college, something to shoot for.

[QUOTE=ninerID;183314][URL=http://www.nacubo.org/documents/about/FY05NESInstitutionsbyTotalAssets.pdf]http://www.nacubo.org/documents/about/FY05NESInstitutionsbyTotalAssets.pdf[/URL]

AND QUIT SPENDING MONEY ON A BASEBALL, A SPORT NOBODY GOES TO SEE!!![/QUOTE]

every facility on campus has got an upgrade except baseball. The reason attendance can be sparse (despite record crowds this year) is because the lack of quality seating/concessions. You must invest, then results follow. Nobody went to basketball games in the 80-90s either until Halton was built.

I agree with you about baseball but we got some good crowds back in the Henry Williams days at the Coliseum. I remember about 12,000 for Louisville. Of course on campus is IDEAL but some people don’t like driving from S Charlotte.

If we can ever get the residents of Charlotte to think of us as their hometown team, the sky may be the limit because as we all know, there’s a bunch of money in this town.

Of course that scenario could possibly cause a little less to be donated to other certain non-local schools, and we have too many forces in Charlotte that do not want to see that happen.

every facility on campus has got an upgrade except baseball. The reason attendance can be sparse (despite record crowds this year) is because the lack of quality seating/concessions. You must invest, then results follow. Nobody went to basketball games in the 80-90s either until Halton was built.

I agree w/ Lefty on the H. Williams thing. Plus, building Halton has not done a whole lot for attendance, at least lately. I remember about the same crowds back in the 90’s as there are now. Having said that, I hope the baseball facility is improved.

i just got my 49er credit card and it looks awesome. It looks nothing like the picture. It could be better but i’ll take it. its all white with the unc Charlotte alumni logo in the top let, bofa in the top right and it is a visa not a mastercard. i suggest you sign up.

I just with the athletic foundation had a card.

[QUOTE=ninerID;185488]i just got my 49er credit card and it looks awesome. It looks nothing like the picture. It could be better but i’ll take it. its all white with the unc Charlotte alumni logo in the top let, bofa in the top right and it is a visa not a mastercard. i suggest you sign up.

I just with the athletic foundation had a card.[/QUOTE]
I just switched my WorldPoints card to the UNC Charlotte WorldPoints Platinum card…I’m just waiting to receive the new card in the mail. I can’t wait!

Jeez, look at Harvard. Their endowment growth over the last year alone is more than the entire UNC system’s endowment.

We’re fourth in the UNC System, right behind Greensboro.

I’m not sure athletics are the best way to build endowment. Research and professional schools are more important.

can we get a picture of such said card?

including the account number, expiration date, and last three digits on the back?

[QUOTE=Noreaster;185541]including the account number, expiration date, and last three digits on the back?[/QUOTE]
Muhahahaha!