Who said it?

The problems with our defense are numerous.

1. They donā€™t know their assignments. On a 2 on 2 situation tonight, nobody stopped the ball. DA and JJ both went to the guy without the ball. It was JJā€™s fault, but still it should not happen.

2. They donā€™t fight over screens. You have to go over the screen to stop the 3 point shot. We go under too often. Fight over the screen. If itā€™s illegal, then knock the screener flat on his bum.

3. They donā€™t position well. Itā€™s improved, but I see our wings with 2 feet in the middle of the paint in the 2-3 zone. That is poor coaching. You should have 1 foot in, 1 foot out. That way when the ball is rotated to the top you can react and get back to your man to prevent the easy swing 3 pointers. Ian is the worst. He gets so far down inside he canā€™t react and thatā€™s why his guy is always wide open for a 3 point shot.

4. They try cheap gambles. You canā€™t let your guy get by you. They do it all the time and try to get a steal out of it. Just play solid defense and keep him in front of you.

5. They flop. Man do they flop. Donā€™t flop. Its just like gambling. If you miss, they score.

6. They donā€™t get back in transition. Davidson leaked out for 3 easy, cherry picker layups. Fly back after a missed shot. GW will murder us if we donā€™t.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;203798]This may be the worse defensive Niner team Iā€™ve ever seen since becoming a fan in 1991. And I see us getting worse every game with no signs of improvement. Weā€™ll be incredibly lucky to win 10 games.[/QUOTE]
I told my son on the trip back tonight that this was the second worst performance Iā€™d ever witnessed by a 49er team. Iā€™m disgusted, at this rate, theyā€™ll be lucky to get enough fans to fill the lower bowl in February.