Who starts on the 31st?

Will Dijuan or Lee start at the point? Dewhurst or Anjuan at sf? Mack, Ngoundjo, or Coley at the 4?

Here is my guess…

pg - Leemire (although I think after the first couple games, Dijuan starts, and Lee goes to the two)
sg - Ian
sf - Anjuan
pf - Mack
c- Big Phil

I think Harris will start at the point after he has had a few games to show he can handle the point. We really need Lee at the two, he is MUCH more effective there. I think Anjuan has pretty much locked up the sf spot. Phil is a no brainer at the five. PF will be interesting. I think Ngoundjo is more of the 5, and I dont think Coley is as complete a player as Mack, so I think Mack starts at the 4.

What do you all think?

:49ers:

I agree with that, but I think Dewhurst, Harris, Ngoundjo, and Coley will all see significant play as well. For once I think we’ll have a lot of guys to come off the bench.

I agree with that, but I think Dewhurst, Harris, Ngoundjo, and Coley will all see significant play as well. For once I think we'll have a lot of guys to come off the bench.

Agreed. This is the deepest Niners team I think I have ever seen. We are two deep at every position, thre at some.

As far as the 31st exhibition goes against Ottawa, I just want to see a Charlie Coley dunkfest.

It would be good to see:

Harris
Goldwire
Wilderness
Mack
Phil

but, typical for Coach (he really likes to have 3 shooters on the court, that is why I put in Phaler) would be:

Goldwire
Ian
Coley or Phaler (shooter, especially if he is shooting well in practice)
Mack or Coley (whomever is best rebounder)
Phil

IMO, there is no chance Phaler starts, even in an exhibition game.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;263215]Agreed. This is the deepest Niners team I think I have ever seen. We are two deep at every position, thre at some.[/QUOTE]

That is what I have been thinking about this squad. The other luxery is that most can play at least two positions well which makes a fast paced game plausible. Much easier to rotate guys in and out to keep up endurance. I like it a lot. I think Bobby is setting up for his style of play.

Lee, Ian, Anjuan, Coley, Phil

Dijuan after a game or so, if not immediately.

if wilderness starts, it wouldn’t hurt our chances, such as they are, with karron.

if wilderness starts, it wouldn't hurt our chances, such as they are, with karron.
Wilderness is probably the best player on the team.

i could be wrong, but unless there is an injury or something, harris will not start a game this year. I am not saying anything against his talent level, its just with so many new pieces, I think the guards should at least be some guys with experience in the lutz system. He’s a juco transfer that only got D2 looks before “wowing” people in pickup games as a walkon here.

i could be wrong, but unless there is an injury or something, harris will not start a game this year. I am not saying anything against his talent level, its just with so many new pieces, I think the guards should at least be some guys with experience in the lutz system. He's a juco transfer that only got D2 looks before "wowing" people in pickup games as a walkon here.
Leemire will be a non-factor in the offense then. I hope the big guys can get it done, because I wouldn't bet my games on Ian from what I saw last year.

actually he was getting some attention from some relatively big schools and even (before tubby left) Kentucky. His coach begged him to stay because he thought he would easily be the best JUCO PG this season.

Leemire will be a non-factor in the offense then. I hope the big guys can get it done, because I wouldn't bet my games on Ian from what I saw last year.

Are you serious? It’s called playcalling and offensive sets. Once the ball is brought down the court, who is point guard is a moot point, especially in the lutz offense. (i.e. plays ran through curt at the top of the key for years, and he is not a pg). this whole “your labeled a point guard so you can’t score” stuff is kind of tragic, please watch a team coached by someone other than lutz if you think that is the case.

besides, i am talking what 7 games til gerrity gets there? The biggest weakness we will have is experience. We need as much experience on the floor the first few games as possible.

Are you serious? It's called playcalling and offensive sets. Once the ball is brought down the court, who is point guard is a moot point, especially in the lutz offense. (i.e. plays ran through curt at the top of the key for years, and he is not a pg). this whole "your labeled a point guard so you can't score" stuff is kind of tragic, please watch a team coached by someone other than lutz if you think that is the case.

besides, i am talking what 7 games til gerrity gets there? The biggest weakness we will have is experience. We need as much experience on the floor the first few games as possible.

Did you go to basketball games last year? Goldwire did little to nothing when he was at point. Same for when Carlos was at point. Baldwin rarely scored when he was at point his senior year, as well.

The first 7 games could be what determines whether Lutz stays or goes. Lose to HPU and App State, and he’s likely gone. If he loses to Davidson, too, then he’s definitely gone.

eason, there’ll be a drop-off, but it won’t be monumental. The reason why Carlos, and before him Mitch didn’t score was because well, offensively they sucked. There were plenty of opportunities for both to score but they simply couldn’t shoot. Go back to the PGs Lutz had at the beginning of his career here, Diego Guevara and occassionaly Demon Brown. Both had no problem finding shots under Lutz and they definitely hit their fair share of them.

It’s also an opportunity for Ian to step up and show those occassions where he scored near or at double digits in the first half are the real Ian.

*I’m intentionally leaving out the Curtis Nash experiment for the safety of others.

The reason why Carlos, and before him Mitch didn't score was because well, offensively they sucked. There were plenty of opportunities for both to score but they simply couldn't shoot. Go back to the PGs Lutz had at the beginning of his career here, Diego Guevara and occassionaly Demon Brown. Both had no problem finding shots under Lutz and they definitely hit their fair share of them.

thank you.

I love how people are saying javaris barnetts jumpshot is awkward, as if mitchell baldwin never came through the program, or maybe his was more atrocious than awkward.

run sets, pass efficiently, move without the ball, you’ll score from a range where you are comfortable from, it doesn’t matter what position you are.

trust me, i want harris to blow me away and be a 12 ppg, 6 assist floor general, but he is a first year sophmore so I just don’t see him getting the nod, i could be wrong though.

Did you go to basketball games last year? Goldwire did little to nothing when he was at point. Same for when Carlos was at point. Baldwin rarely scored when he was at point his senior year, as well.

The first 7 games could be what determines whether Lutz stays or goes. Lose to HPU and App State, and he’s likely gone. If he loses to Davidson, too, then he’s definitely gone.

Leemire the SG struggled at the point last year, but was the best option we had at that position (And I believe did better then Baldwin in his senior season). He didn’t wow you but atleast he could get the ball up the court and get the offense started before it was killed off quickly by DA. I agree, he does not need to be at the point, we need his shooting and scoring from else where, but that’s just b/c he’s better running off screens when the ball is brought up rather then using them to get his shot while dribbling. A PG who can set up your offense is great and is the norm, but many teams in the past and present have shown a typical PG is not necessary to run a half court offense, just smart, sound decisions are needed (which tend to be lost in the ADD offensive schemes Lutz employs at times).

Similar to ID, I just have a hard time seeing Harris taking over the starting PG duties and being successful. JuCo and the A-10 are two entirely different beasts and with our recent track record of JuCo’s I’m not ready to throw him into the fire and trust him with handling it successfully.

You guys ever hear of a former Juco pg named Sean Colson?

:shades:

eason, there'll be a drop-off, but it won't be monumental. The reason why Carlos, and before him Mitch didn't score was because well, offensively they sucked. There were plenty of opportunities for both to score but they simply couldn't shoot. Go back to the PGs Lutz had at the beginning of his career here, Diego Guevara and occassionaly Demon Brown. Both had no problem finding shots under Lutz and they definitely hit their fair share of them.

It’s also an opportunity for Ian to step up and show those occassions where he scored near or at double digits in the first half are the real Ian.

*I’m intentionally leaving out the Curtis Nash experiment for the safety of others.

People say Mitchell was an offensive juggernaut before he got hurt. I wouldn’t know, I wasn’t here then, but anyway… Leemire’s offensive production went down significantly when he played point. Maybe it won’t be like that this year.