Who to replace Steve Smith?

I’ve placed Deon Branch in his spot right now, but need to add depth to my bench.
Right now I’ve got Donte Stallworth and Kevin Johnson on the bench

Top prospects available in my league:

Cedrick Wilson- SF
Terry Glenn
Peter Warrick
Rod Gardner
Tyrone Calico- STill recovering
Reggie Williams

Any suggestions?

I think Branch is your best option. If you decide to pick someone up, I would go with Gardner or Glenn. I assume Muhammad is already taken? He should do OK with Smith gone.

You aren’t in the NinerNation league, are you? I’d hate to give advice to an opponent. :wink:

I hope that you don’t have Stephen Davis too now that he is out for 2-5 weeks with a knee injury!!

I learned long ago never to draft Stephen Davis because of his knee problems. If you get 10 solid games out of him, consider it a good season. Last year was a rarity.

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 10:47 AM [b] I've placed Deon Branch in his spot right now, but need to add depth to my bench. Right now I've got Donte Stallworth and Kevin Johnson on the bench

Top prospects available in my league:

Cedrick Wilson- SF
Terry Glenn
Peter Warrick
Rod Gardner
Tyrone Calico- STill recovering
Reggie Williams

Any suggestions? [/b]

Calico would be a nice acquistion IF you wait out his recovery time. Once he’s healthy, he’ll put up good numbers. For an immediate fix, I’d go with Gardner but keep in mind that Gibbs is going to run, run and run. Kevin Johnson isn’t a bad fill-in right now off your bench. Not in love with the Baltimore passing game but he’s pretty much Kyle’s primary target. I have him on my bench as well and actually considered starting him this weekend. But I’d certainly go with Stallworth over him.

You could always gamble on Colbert, especially if teams look to focus on Muhammad. Jake likes throwing down field and Colbert has the speed to be there. You’re just looking for some bench depth anyway so that’s why I’d go with Calico. Could be a nice move for later in the season.

I think they replaced Steve Smith with Steve Smith.
Oh wait, that’s the Bobcats.