Who's making the Beasley sign for the ESPN cameras and how's it going to read?

[quote=“X-49er, post:19, topic:28410”][quote=“s9er, post:18, topic:28410”][size=1em]
Beastly mentions are like the 35 year old single guy who refuses to stop talking about his college girlfriend dumping his after his freshman year.
[/size][/quote][size=1em]
You forgot the part where she dumped you for your brother. If it was a random decision of him signing somewhere else for whatever reason, it wouldn’t have been as big a deal. When you get stabbed in the back by an Assistant Coach and fellow alumnus, it’s a whole 'nother level.
[/size][/quote]

[size=1em]You either move on or you don’t (easy for me b/c I never expected to ever set foot on campus)[/size]

[font=verdana][size=1em]You hit the real issue X, I’m not sure why anyone is/was upset with Beasley- he was a dumber than normal 18 year old who got used as a pawn. Really, the move worked out perfect for him, POY, #2 overall pick. [/size][/font]

[size=1em]Hating Delonte Hill is a different animal altogether. He sold his basketball soul to the hoops devil with that deal, and had a karma payback. Friends don’t let friends act like Delonte Hill. [/size]

He verbaled to us and then changed his mind to go to Kansas St. after one of our Assistant Coaches (a former Charlotte player and Beasley’s AAU coach) bolted to Kansas State for slightly more income. This was when KState hired Huggins.[/quote]
Slightly more income? Wasn’t Hill making like $400K/year at Kansas State?[/quote]
Eventually he got that much after Huggins left. When he first went there it was only a $10,000-$12,000 raise from what he was making at Charlotte. I don’t even think he gave us a chance to match it, either.[/quote]

He started making those big bucks when KSU gave him a raise to stay at KSU when Huggins went to WVU.

Something not yet mentioned is the fact Huggins spent one season working out this deal while unemployed after being dismissed by Cincinnati. He would have broken all kinds of NCAA regulations if he had been an active coach during that year, but since he was not coaching he was free to do as he pleased. Also, when Hill left, he just pretty much left without saying goodbye.

You forgot the part where she dumped you for your brother. If it was a random decision of him signing somewhere else for whatever reason, it wouldn’t have been as big a deal. When you get stabbed in the back by an Assistant Coach and fellow alumnus, it’s a whole 'nother level.[/quote]

Friends don’t let friends act like Delonte Hill. [/quote]

They don’t let them drive drunk either, which Dalonte also did again back on 10/23 - guess he doesn’t have many friends?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-10-23/sports/bal-terps-dalonte-hill-police-report-20131023_1_dalonte-hill-mark-turgeon-pole

The Beasley De-commit is still considered the #2 most destructive de-commit of all time by Sports Illustrated. I think we are allowed to harbor this for a while.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1108/cbb.devastating.decommits/content.2.html

I’d rather worry about players we do have than this garbage. Beasley has been in the NBA 4 times as long as he was in college, let it go.

THIS

i think we should write a letter of appreciation to KSU for getting him off our hands. he’s turned out to be as big an idiot as he was a basketball talent! not surprisingly.
hill=another matter.

I wanted to take a page of Steve Smith’s book, and make an “Ice Up, Son” sign for whenever Mike yams on someone. CVS around the corner, hope they have supplies.

I can somewhat understand the animosity toward Hill, but we don’t know what he was offered outside of salary. It was also a BIG12 school, and not the CAA or MEAC. As fans, with no real financial interest I get it, but I might would have done the same as Hill if there were other perks. The big payday may have been in the works from day one and only executed later. His next gig was as an assistant for an ACC school so his career was headed in a positive direction before the alcohol derailed it. I think the fans have held that grudge long enough. Time to move forward and onward.

Let it go, there’s no point in us rubbing salt in our wounds.

THIS[/quote] Just win the damned game.

Agree. That is all that matters now.