Why are we not on this list???????

I want real answers from school officials as to why we are not on this list again this year.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/10695959/detail.html

Isn’t this the list that the Academic Affairs provost (Lorden, I believe) laughed off and said something to the effect of they didn’t even have our academic data because we didn’t send it to them?

Isn't this the list that the Academic Affairs provost (Lorden, I believe) laughed off and said something to the effect of they didn't even have our academic data because we didn't send it to them?

There is no such thing as a bullcrap award. Our admin might not think that that list matters but parents of high schoolers do. That is just pathetic. That is more apathetic, second rate attitude that is just instilled into all those affliated with this school.

maybe we’re not on it because of our terrible graduation rates? Last I heard it was around 45-50% of people that enroll do not graduate.

maybe we're not on it because of our terrible graduation rates? Last I heard it was around 45-50% of people that enroll do not graduate.

largely because of students transferring out.

maybe we're not on it because of our terrible graduation rates? Last I heard it was around 45-50% of people that enroll do not graduate.

I found this: http://www.northcarolina.edu/content.php/assessment/reports/student_info/retention.htm but the numbers appear pretty high for a couple schools.

If 50-55% of people that enroll really do not graduate, I have a solution: Increase the student population by about 15,000 students.

LOL… In the year 1995 and for “any UNC institution,” 0.1% graduated after 2 years!!

You students at UNC Charlotte need to get off your butts! The bar has been set.

:biggrin:

In the same year (1995), 0.8 persisted in obtaining a degree after 10 years of trying.

C’mon stonecoldken! You can do it! :biggrin:

J/K. :wink: I love his posts.

Hahahaha…

His posts are funny though, for one reason or another.
And, we wouldn’t have nearly as much controversy w/out them, so there is entertainment value.

[QUOTE=survivor45;209570]In the same year (1995), 0.8 persisted in obtaining a degree after 10 years of trying.

C’mon stonecoldken! You can do it! :biggrin:

J/K. :wink: I love his posts.[/QUOTE]

stonecoldken still sits in the student section doesn’t he? :lmao: j/k

This is a little off topic but in the same ballpark. The school sent me a letter for the anual giving program last week. I sent it back with a simple note that read…" until we have football and a name change the school will not get another penny from me." If I had seen this thread I would have added something about this in my note. PS the athletic department will be getting a similar note when they come begging.

Clemson also in at No. 29, College of Charleston at 47.

South Carolina, which was No. 48 last year, dropped into second 50, but I don’t have the list beyond 50.

This is a little off topic but in the same ballpark. The school sent me a letter for the anual giving program last week. I sent it back with a simple note that read..." until we have football and a name change the school will not get another penny from me." If I had seen this thread I would have added something about this in my note. PS the athletic department will be getting a similar note when they come begging.

the football thing i understand but the name change goes a little far. its not like the university can snap its fingers and get a new name. it’d take years of hard lobbying and labor and it still wouldn’t be the decision of anyone at unc charlotte. that’s a long time not to support your school.

[QUOTE=lake49er;209602]This is a little off topic but in the same ballpark. The school sent me a letter for the anual giving program last week. I sent it back with a simple note that read…" until we have football and a name change the school will not get another penny from me." If I had seen this thread I would have added something about this in my note. PS the athletic department will be getting a similar note when they come begging.[/QUOTE]

I hear you and I feel your pain, really. But I hope you don’t treat your children (or others you profess to love) as you plan to do your school (alma mater). Because if you do, your loved ones who disappoint you (and be rest assured, they WILL) will end up starved and neglected because they don’t always do what you want them to do (and again, be rest assured they WON’T).