why the frat letters??????

look!! i understand your representing your fraternity, but why do you have to do it at the basketball games?? i watched at least 10 college basketball games on t.v. this week and did not see one shirt with a greek letter until our game, you wonder why we get no respect!!!

p.s one more win and we are in the top 25 next week!!! whoooooooooo!!!

This is another subject that has been beaten to a bloody pulp. If you ask me, Gang Green needs to organize a meeting with all of the greek organizations and talk to them about uniting the student section. Someone has to reach out to the greeks because they rarely collude with eachother on things. Gang Green could be a uniting entity that they all could rally around.

Sports Marketing Association is sponsoring a meeting to this effect tonight in the Cone Center room 368 from 7 to 9 PM.

It’s open to all students.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 10:12 AM [b] Sports Marketing Association is sponsoring a meeting to this effect tonight in the Cone Center room 368 from 7 to 9 PM.

It’s open to all students. [/b]

Has this been advertised on campus? I can try to make sure there are reps from Delta Sig there.

Who gives a crap? The kids are there,rooting for the niners…thats whats important.Beats the 3,000 empty seats last night if you ask me!

[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner+Jan 27 2005, 10:14 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NormanNiner @ Jan 27 2005, 10:14 AM)
[i]Originally posted by mazzniner[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 10:05 AM [b] look!! i understand your representing your fraternity, but why do you have to do it at the basketball games?? i watched at least 10 college basketball games on t.v. this week and did not see one shirt with a greek letter until our game, you wonder why we get no respect!!!!

p.s one more win and we are in the top 25 next week!!! whoooooooooo!!! [/b]

-_-

I wonder if Dusty will attend the meeting?

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 10:49 AM [b] I wonder if Dusty will attend the meeting? [/b]
No but I bet he'll write an article about how he just wasn't motivated enough to go since there was an ACC game on at the same time.
[i]Originally posted by mazzniner[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 10:05 AM [b]look!! i understand your representing your fraternity, but why do you have to do it at the basketball games?? i watched at least 10 college basketball games on t.v. this week and did not see one shirt with a greek letter until our game, you wonder why we get no respect!!!!

p.s one more win and we are in the top 25 next week!!! whoooooooooo!!![/b]

FYI: Not to beat a dead horse…but…back when I was in school, Coach Lutz encouraged us to represent our organizations, as long as we wore school colors. That is why years ago, Delta Sig adopted the bright green letters you see today…a color picked out by one of their brothers, and founder of “Gang Green” in 1999. Other organizations are starting to wear letters to games featuring school colors now…and since it’s consistent…it is almost becoming a tradition of the student section (6 years).

No biggie…just thought I would shed a little light on the subject. As long as they root for the same team! Go Niners!!

[i]Originally posted by Fr8Niner+Jan 27 2005, 11:08 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Fr8Niner @ Jan 27 2005, 11:08 AM)
[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner+Jan 27 2005, 11:11 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NormanNiner @ Jan 27 2005, 11:11 AM)

I’m going to go and check beneath the floor for gamer.