Wilbon - say it ain't so!!

I was just a bit crushed that Michael Wilbon - one of the guys I actually like on the Embarrassing Sports and Programming Network - going over the history of Cinderella teams in the history of the NCAA tourney.

Everything was well and good until … “Cornbread Maxwell and UNC GREENSBORO!!!”

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Needless to say, he fell down a notch on the likability-o-meter. I haven’t heard Tony Reali correct him yet, since the show’s not over. Let’s pray to God he does.

Oh Wilbon, please, say it ain’t so.
-G-

lost total respect for the man, saw it live and almost threw the tv threw the window

I was just a bit crushed that Michael Wilbon - one of the guys I actually like on the Embarrassing Sports and Programming Network - going over the history of Cinderella teams in the history of the NCAA tourney.

Everything was well and good until … “Cornbread Maxwell and UNC GREENSBORO!!!”

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Needless to say, he fell down a notch on the likability-o-meter. I haven’t heard Tony Reali correct him yet, since the show’s not over. Let’s pray to God he does.

Oh Wilbon, please, say it ain’t so.
-G-

I’m pretty pissed, statboy better correct him.

Come on guys, you know this is going to happen as long as we have the UNC tag in front of our name (talking school as a whole). But, seriously when you talk ALL sports it’s easy to mix up a name from a team that went to the final four 31 years ago.

I'm pretty pissed, statboy better correct him.

I’m betting he doesn’t. He will correct them on all kinds of obscure facts and stats, yet we will STILL get the shaft.

Or better yet… how bout this:

Tony: “Statboy show us where we went wrong.”

Statboy: “Good show today guys, except Mike, it was UNC Asheville, Not UNC Greensboro, that was led to the Final Four by Cornbread Maxwell.”

:unhappy:

I'm betting he doesn't. He will correct them on all kinds of obscure facts and stats, yet we will STILL get the shaft.

Or better yet… how bout this:

Tony: “Statboy show us where we went wrong.”

Statboy: “Good show today guys, except Mike, it was UNC Asheville, Not UNC Greensboro, that was led to the Final Four by Cornbread Maxwell.”

:unhappy:

Or they’ll say that they’ve run out of time.

I just turned it on…If i had I heard that …ugh…
-If Reali doesn’t notice that I’ll email bomb 'em…

PTI@espn.com btw

he didn’t correct him

statboy is a bitch

Statboy gives no mention at all.

FIRE STATBOY!!!

Statboy gives no mention at all.

Called it. If we aren’t getting the shaft, we aren’t getting anything at all… :dry:

I just turned it on......If i had I heard that .........ugh..... -If Reali doesn't notice that I'll email bomb 'em...

PTI@espn.com btw

Just sent the e-mail.

FIRE STATBOY!!!!!!

FIRE WILBON!!!

CC our lovely chancellor CHP too on the subject, and ad this one to the name confusion log.

Add this to the name confusion thread. This is a major one though. National TV, national ‘journalist’ we are called UNC Greensboro.

classic. :ohmy:

TSD: Slowly shakes head and walks away

Please share this with Dr. Phil. He’ll have one more reason of our ANGST to dismiss and ignore.

I’m hoping that was an April Fools joke