Will Healy: We Have A Great Foundation And We Have To Take It To The Next

Interview from today on WFNZ with Coach Healy:

2 Likes

They cut part of it out when his phone was messed up but Smug Darrin Gantt was talking about Lambert being fired and then said Healy will probably be fired too. I’m glad Healy heard that when he was on hold and didn’t let it go when they got him back on the line. He handled it well though.

1 Like

I heard that too. Pure class by Darin Gantt there talking about the guy getting fired before he coaches a game, especially given the week Healy’s had. I was also very glad Healy heard it and called him out.

What was Healy’s response?

1 Like

Gantt proves once again what a prick he is and will take digs at us at every opportunity. Fuck him!

don’t recall the quote but pretty much said he got back on the line to catch him saying he would probably be fired too. In fairness he Gantt was making a point that the FIRST coach is going to get fired and that the second one will likely too. Healy also said something to the effect that he’s always heard there are two types of coaches. those that are fired and those that will be one day… (not a direct quote)

How so clever. Did, or has, Gantt ever made such a statement re: appy? Thinking not. He’s undermining our program (covertly or not) in the ears of fnz listeners who may be recruits both schools are pursuing.

clt expects gant to be hired by the observer

From this interaction alone gant sounds like a loser. Reading his Twitter feed confirms. A quick Google search and seeing the below article brings it all full circle.

Edit: more thoughts on the interview. Its obvious why gant is well into his career and stuck as a sidekick to a local sports radio talk show where healy is just starting his career and already a head coach of an FBS program. Will handled it with class but still called him out like a man and gant showed how spineless he is fumbling his response and not owning his own words. Good for Bailey not feeding into Gant’s petty bullshit, that was unbelievable.

Gantt is an idiot. He’s been lobbying for the Panthers to draft a QB in the first round the past month if that tells you anything. He is like so many of the worst pundits on ESPN that attempt to mask their ignorance of and contempt for the sport they cover with snark.

I hesitated to even write this much about this fool but wanted to let those know who are not acquainted with him to ignore him as completely as everyone else does.

Not sure if anyone watches Superstore but this who I hear every time Gantt speaks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAW1HDW0tLM