William Graves - 2006

Rivals now has Charlotte listed as High for this top 100 recruit out of Dudley High in Greensboro, NC

High: Charlotte, WFU, Clemson, Georgetown, Maryland, Michigan, UNC, NCSU
Medium: Duke, Georgia Tech

To say this would be a huge “get” would be quite an understatement.

Quote from Graves in an older rivals article

[b]"I’m looking for a college that has a good engineering program and law school,” he said. “I’d like to play early, but I want to go to a good school that has a good coach that will help me improve as a player and person." [/b]

No law school here, but we definitely fit the good engineering part, let’s hope that counts for something

William would be a HUGE get for Charlotte because the kid is just talented!

I’ve followed him since he was in the 8th grade (He was built like Duke’s Jay Will).
His father is a close personal friend of mine and I know William really well.

I’ll get the 411 straight from his mouth soon.

Check NinerReport soon, but he’s be a huge get indeed.

sweet, thanks JJ :flame:

[i]Originally posted by Jordan_NinerReport[/i]@Jan 14 2005, 11:42 PM [b] William would be a HUGE get for Charlotte because the kid is just talented!

I’ve followed him since he was in the 8th grade (He was built like Duke’s Jay Will).
His father is a close personal friend of mine and I know William really well.

I’ll get the 411 straight from his mouth soon.

Check NinerReport soon, but he’s be a huge get indeed. [/b]

Thanks Jason… maybe you can do a little persuading when you talk to him. :wink: Keep us updated.

scout.com has an article out that has him leading towards UNC-CH, his high school coach said he thinks Graves will meet with Roy Williams soon <_<

Committed to Unc

Graves

Beat me to it. Talked to his dad and it’s quietly been a done deal for while. But I’m proud of him either way in this one, because I’ve seen him mature from potential laced to bona fide bigtime recruit that I predicted he would be.

So many players NEVER reach their potential, so it’s good to see one who actually does.

Watch that #97 ranking shoot up with his commitment. ACC commitments shoot up ridiculously!

Just watch!

I saw Graves play last season and last Monday against my high school alma mater. The kid is big, and he can shoot. You don’t often see kids his size who are able to shoot that well. He’s hard to guard.

By the way, Roy was in attendance at that game and Graves committed the next day.

[i]Originally posted by Jordan_NinerReport[/i]@Jan 17 2005, 10:59 PM [b] Beat me to it. Talked to his dad and it's quietly been a done deal for while. But I'm proud of him either way in this one, because I've seen him mature from potential laced to bona fide bigtime recruit that I predicted he would be.

So many players NEVER reach their potential, so it’s good to see one who actually does.

Watch that #97 ranking shoot up with his commitment. ACC commitments shoot up ridiculously!

Just watch! [/b]

JJ what position do you see him playing in college???

Redshirting cause he can’t get the minutes he wants at Chapel Hill.

Lesson to recruits reading this board - These schools will stockpile you and dont care if they recruit over you. Graves might have started here this year, and would definitely have played significant minutes right away. Another kid signs with the ACC just to ride the pine (or be a bottom feeder at some of the other schools)… same story, different year.

http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2010/10/graves-dismissed-from-unc-basketball.html

Both of the stars from the Dudley HS team of that time have had dud college careers after both being very promising. What a waste of talent.