Winthrop game notes, etc.

Charlotte49ers.com: GAME NOTES: Charlotte Hosts Winthrop Saturday

Collegechalktalk.com: Staff Predictions: Week 9 - Game 1: Winthrop @ Charlotte

Heraldonline.com: Middle of rankings unfamiliar territory for Eagles

GO NINERS! BEAT THE EAGLES!

You forgot the Observer. Oh wait.

All Time Low for Observer's 49er Coverage........

Saturday’s printed front page of Sports Section lists "Today’s Games as follows: Wake vs. GT, SC vs. Kentucky, Davidson vs. Samford, UNCCH vs. NCSU, [SIZE=4]ANDERSON vs. QUEENS, AND JSCU vs. Livingstone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]…noticeable omission—Charlotte vs. Winthrop!!!…[/SIZE]oh, but wait…there is a note showing "College Basketball, page 6-7C…so on that page there is a paragraph about each of the games listed on the front page…so, I’m thinking there must ACTUALLY be a pre-game article about our game somewhere, but NOOOOOO there is NONE!

And some of our fans wonder why we never picked up local support, even during the “glory years”.

I know we’re not good this year, & neither is Winthrop, but D1, is always better than D2.
And hell, Queens isn’t good this year either, & they’re usually a 24-win team.

Just so we have a GAME DAY story… [URL=http://www.heraldonline.com/256/story/1106937.html][B][U]Cold-shooting Eagles, 49ers face off for the first time[/U][/B][/URL].

Wow, just wow!
The only press we get is from the road team’s paper!

This has to be an oversight, doesn’t it? Even if you don’t think we have many fans, so covering us isn’t going to sell papers, that’s ridiculous not to list us with the other “today’s games” when even Queens and JC Smith are listed. It’s inaccurate and sloppy if nothing else. (edit: not to mention we are playing a local team!)

Is there going to be an explanation for this one? I’m gonna guess the dog got ahold of it, and tore out the Charlotte game listing, but left the others intact. Or maybe the sun got into the editor’s eyes while checking it over?

Is there going to be an explanation for this one? I'm gonna guess the dog got ahold of it, and tore out the Charlotte game listing, but left the others intact. Or maybe the sun got into the editor's eyes while checking it over?
I doubt the editor shows up for a while.

This used to happen for EVERY GAME when we had teams like Cincinnati, Louisville, and Memphis making yearly visits to Halton and losing to the NINERS, even when we were ranked.

Another story pertaining to today’s game:

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012809aaa.html

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/college_hoops/story/508489.html#none[/URL]

Jim, you don’t have to apologize. We know this problem isn’t yours.

Of course, by now (12:07 pm) everyone has read the morning newspaper.

[QUOTE]“I think it’s a natural rivalry. Winthrop has dominated the Big South in recent years and we used to have a strong tradition of success,” said Charlotte coach Bobby Lutz. “Hopefully, this will be the start of a good, long-running series.”[/QUOTE]

fixed