Withers at ABCD camp, USA basketball tryouts

Curtis is keeping busy and improving his game this summer. From NinerReport.com, he served as a camp counselor at ABCD (Reebok top high schoolers) camp this past week. The counselors played in games and also ran though drills. Interesting stuff from the story. He was coached by George Carl and instructed by Matt Doherty. :o :o He had a nice showing.

Now he’s off to the tryouts for 2004 USA Basketball World Championship (Tryout period is July 16-23). If he makes that team, he’ll be playing for several weeks.

charlotte49ers.com: Withers invited to USA basketball under 20 tryouts

Interesting note: The fifth All-American listed among the USA National Team Trials roster is Withers, a Basketball Times All-America third team selection, who will experience his first taste of USA Basketball in July.

Now this is the way top college players should spend their summer.

Withers will be joined by C-USA co-horts Sean Banks and Rodney Carney of Memphis at the tryouts for the USA team.

Link: Memphis’ Carney Invited To Trials For USA Basketball’s World Championship For Young Men Team

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 08:26 AM [b] Withers will be joined by C-USA co-horts Sean Banks and Rodney Carney of Memphis at the tryouts for the USA team.

Link: Memphis’ Carney Invited To Trials For USA Basketball’s World Championship For Young Men Team [/b]

I hope we can find some daily reports on this. The competition will be great for Curtis. If he makes that team, it will be a tremendous accomplishment.

Lefty, here’s the official website.

USABasketball

Won’t be daily. Will be something tomorrow, though.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 04:10 PM [b] Won't be daily. Will be something tomorrow, though. [/b]
[url=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/university_of_north_carolina_-_charlotte/9167018.htm]Charlotte Observer: Withers eyes National Team, among 20 trying out[/url]

Nice story! Interesting comments from Curtis and his former high school Coach, Gosnell White. He’s going to have to play defense to make this team.

Just in. Jason Jordan will there Sat and Sunday. Reports can be found at NinerReport.com.