Withers Observer Story

Withers wants to play better defense

Oh my…just to see again that we were up 9 points w/ 4 minutes to play just put me back in the “What the hell is wrong with Bobby Lutz” mode.

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 09:41 AM [b] Oh my...just to see again that we were up 9 points w/ 4 minutes to play just put me back in the "What the hell is wrong with Bobby Lutz" mode. [/b]
You must not have read the story or more likely...you just jumped to the same conclusion you always do. Blame it on the coach. Personally, I'm not blaming anyone. Like I said before, there were so many missed opportunities.

I looked up at the clock with alittle under 5 to go and saw we were up 9 and thought for a sec, “we’re going to win.” I won’t do that again for a while and by the way, does anyone know who the guy was in 104 that started waiving his car keys with 2 minutes to go in the 2nd half or so?

This is a game, that if we hit 2 more points we are talking about what a tremendous win it is. Instead now the story is who do we blame? Lutz? Plavich? Withers? the Refs? We had our chances and we didn’t execute as a team. You could make a strong argument that this game should have never gone 3 overtimes. We, like the team, have to move on from this loss. There are plenty of games left to look forward to.

How did Withers play 45 minutes and only manage 4 rebounds?

He hasn’t managed 8 rebounds yet this season. I can only think that Iti and Basden are taking many of the rebounds he would have gotten. I would think as a team we’re still getting the rebounds we were getting when Curt was getting all those double-doubles, now they’re just spread out more evenly. But, still, you would have thought he would have gotten at least 8 boards in all of our first five games.

as far as rebounds this past game, i can’t remember exactly how many times AL had 2 guys in position for the board, get the board and the ez putback… but it was numerous.