WKU @ Charlotte 1/1-2 4:00PM Stadium

Niners kick off conference play with back to back games vs the C-USA favorite Hilltoppers (7-2). WKU players have taken the league POTW award 4 of the 6 times it has been given out so far - Charles Bassey with 3 and ex-Wildcat Luke Frampton once - as well as an FOTW honoree in Dayvion Mcknight.

Rick Stansbury & Co. have wins over Alabama, Memphis, Northern Iowa, and Rhode Island, plus a close loss to then #15 West Virginia. The other loss is something of a head scratching butt kicking to an undermanned Louisville squad back at the first of the month.

WKU leads the country with 43 dunks? Do we even have 10?

Oh gosh, they will tear the rims down on us :pensive:

Sounds like a good matchup. We probably lead the country in dunks given up.

Have we actually given up a lot of dunks?

I don’t really know. I was just being negative. I’m afraid these first few games could get ugly for us.

1 Like

I will not be surprised if Garcia gets 20+ minutes, or long enough to foul out, after Supica and Risetto get into foul trouble trying to stop WKU inside.

Looks like this is the link to watch the game on Friday:

2 Likes

Time to break out the Grean Beans shirt, hope we can get a split.

5 Likes

We open -6

Steve Lytle’s pregame piece:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article248201990.html

I would assume you mean +6, right? I’m surprised its not more. Cheers to hope!

No idea what to expect. We looked good against Davidson, so-so but pulled out wins against GW and SCstate, and poor in other games. So that means we probably win this one (not expecting both) and lose to everyone else in conference?

Actually, I’m guessing WKU kills us inside (Bassey is back from injury, right? maybe he’ll still be recovering…). Hopefully we can keep it close with our slow style and get some big games from guys like Young, Shepherd, Williams, etc. Would be nice to start off conference playing well and continue to grow in confidence.

1 Like