women's hoops gets another post player

FWIW, Women’s roundball just announced officially the addition of a 6’8" post player, which is about equivalent to 7’2" for a men’s player. For family reasons, turned down offer from UCONN. I know for a fact our staff jumped through many, many hoops (no pun) to make this happen. Show some appreciation if you can.

Wow, great news for the women’s team. What is her name?

That’s awesome. We are going to be good next year.

[quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:23176”]Wow, great news for the women’s team. What is her name?[/quote] All I remember is Mimi. She’s foreign. Charlotte49ers.com has a story up.

She’s from Gabon apparently. Both of her sisters are already students here.

How tall was the tallest player on last year’s team? 6’4"?

6’8" in women’s ball is monsterous. Hopefully she can actually play too.

Turned down an offer from UConn too.

It’s been said before here, you’re missing out if you don’t follow the 49ers women’s program.

[quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:23176”]She’s from Gabon apparently. Both of her sisters are already students here.[/quote] Right. Her native language is French, so I hope she really is very bright and can overcome that difficulty. Can’t see why she can’t if her sisters did it. Probably going to be very raw as a player, but, damn, a year down the road, we might be kicking some major ass. (again, no pun)

Kicking some Major ass?

[quote=“survivor45, post:6, topic:23176”]How tall was the tallest player on last year’s team? 6’4"?[/quote] Yes, I think so. We STILL have that, too. Freakin’ Xavier coach is going to crap his pants!