Wouldn't it be cool if our student section could get this full?

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJbOCbiQSI[/URL]

The Zags’ student section seats about 1200, and their student body is around 4,000. And their student section has been sold out for the past 6 years.

The song playing in the background (Zombie Nation) gets Halton rocking. Why not play it before tipoff?

We need to pack in, people keep space in between each other so not everyone gets in that can. Also, the sections to either side of the Student section look bad because whoever they are reserved for doesn’t show up. I say if it’s not even close to being full let students sit there too. And I do like Zombie Nation.

We need to pack in, people keep space in between each other so not everyone gets in that can. Also, the sections to either side of the Student section look bad because whoever they are reserved for doesn't show up. I say if it's not even close to being full let students sit there too. And I do like Zombie Nation.
Yeah. Clemson and Xavier were awesome though. If we can actually have a good season, I think we could pack it a lot more. It'd be nice to have a full turnout of student fans rather than students that only come out to see our biggest games of the season.

Sweet.

Look! They are all wearing the same shirt and no morons in mustard costumes!

You know there was a time when our student section was like that. It is called conference USA days. especially when we had Plavich, Baldwin, Basden, Goldwire, Withers, etc.

Those were fun games.

The song playing in the background (Zombie Nation) gets Halton rocking. Why not play it before tipoff?

Because its better off when we tie it up with 9 minutes left in the first half!

Agreed. But some games it won’t even play. It should be played at least once a game. Play Zombie Nation at tip off!

Pretty much, especially off a dunk or sinking a 3 or something. Sooo awesome. I missed that song a lot this year though... I only remember it in like 4 games

Edit- I only read the tie it up part and not first half… missed the sarcasm totally :o

It is this full because they have made the tournament something like 11 years in a row. If we did that and were consistantly ranked ours would be the same. It’s all about winning.

Zombie Nation before tip would be good.

That video gave me chills.

Zombie Nation before tip would be good.

:clap: :49ers: :clap:

Agreed. But some games it won't even play. It should be played at least once a game. Play Zombie Nation at tip off!

I was being sarcastic…

On the flip side of this. When I went to Maryland this season for our game, during both schools winter breaks. They played zombie nation somewhere between 5 and 8 times at all odd moments. The attendance wasn’t great and students were hardly into it. It was a bit excessive.

I was being sarcastic...
I think teams that play it all the time just make it overused and people don't get into it anymore

Edit- see above

On the flip side of this. When I went to Maryland this season for our game, during both schools winter breaks. They played zombie nation somewhere between 5 and 8 times at all odd moments. The attendance wasn't great and students were hardly into it. It was a bit excessive.

Agreed. But I think Zombie Nation should be played at least once a game. Let’s play it at tip-off, period. And play it again (only once more), and only if there’s a spectacular moment in the game (a 3 to take the lead, a dunk to take the lead, etc).

Agreed. I think Zombie Nation should be played at tip-off, and played again only after a spectacular moment in the game (a 3 to take the lead, a dunk to take the lead [B]IN THE SECOND HALF NEAR THE END OF THE GAME[/B]).

FTFY.

FTFY.

Dangit, ninja edit fail. :unhappy:

Yea but if they just played this as a tip-off song it wouldn’t be excessive because (even though it does work for turning points in games and GET LOUD moments) it would be AWESOME and Halton would be rocking for a long time following the tip. :49ers:

Yea but if they just played this as a tip-off song it wouldn't be excessive because (even though it does work for turning points in games and GET LOUD moments) it would be AWESOME and Halton would be rocking for a long time following the tip. :49ers:
I guess I'm biased here because I love Guns N' Roses and that's what they've been playing before tip.

The problem with our student section is we’ll have 40% wearing green, 20% wearing white, 20% wearing yellow or gold, and the rest random colors.

The problem with our student section is we'll have 40% wearing green, 20% wearing white, 20% wearing yellow or gold, and the rest random colors.

True, one thing that makes the Zag sections always look good is they get t-shirts and their a bright red. Bright colors seem to have an awesome effect on tv.

Heres something though fellas, maybe not zombie nation but other high energy songs. All those intro songs we’ve enjoyed, why not just play them? Hell I could pick out a winning playlist for pregame music right now.