wow, 2 football articles Sunday

yeah there was a BCS discussion in the sports page, but how about this piece:

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/464964.html

The university has developed about 400 of its 912.5 acres. Another 179 acres is earmarked for projects or protection. That includes about 82 acres that lie in a floodplain and 25 acres that will be used for new recreational and athletic fields. [B]It also includes 50 acres that will be needed for a 30,000-seat football stadium[/B], offices, a weight room and other needs if UNCC's board of trustees votes this fall to start a football team by 2012.
Note: should be interesting to see the new site plan. I wonder how much we are spending for it, and if Dubois doesn't like it will he just toss it out like bath water (ie Stamats).

and what does this mean?

I saw this article online, but I donā€™t think its in the printed version outside of Charlotte. Atleast its not in the edition that is delivered to Union County! Was it in the ā€œUniversityā€ section by chance?

[QUOTE=metro;288873]and what does this mean?

[QUOTE]Babb said the university should look beyond just building to accommodate its growing student body. ā€œI believe as a state we have to think of shared facilities,ā€ he said. ā€œThis university was born in the basement of a high school I attended. There are going to be very limited resources going forward.ā€[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

It means that, instead of building classrooms, we will hold class in various basements along the light rail line. :wink:

Why is it everytime I hear anything from Jim Babbā€™s mouth it sounds defeatest as he77? With that positive attitude he sounds like heā€™s a regular poster of NNN to me!:lmao:

Seriously, I hope Mac has a lot of pull on the BoT still.

Was nice to see that they finally officially acknowledged that we have land set aside for a stadium. It is well known that secretly it has always been included in past Master Plans.

It is well known that secretly it has always been included in past Master Plans.
thats not true. Old plans even stated that a football stadium was NOT to be on campus.

[QUOTE=ninerID;288900]thats not true. Old plans even stated that a football stadium was NOT to be on campus.[/QUOTE]

Of course they said that. If they had said anything or put it on any of the maps it would have been all over NNN and then it would have been in the O.

If you donā€™t think organizations ( like UNC Charlotte) donā€™t hold back information from the public I have some beach front property for you in Nevada.

[QUOTE=metro;288873]yeah there was a BCS discussion in the sports page, but how about this piece:

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/464964.html[/URL]

Note: should be interesting to see the new site plan. I wonder how much we are spending for it, and if Dubois doesnā€™t like it will he just toss it out like bath water (ie Stamats).

and what does this mean?[/QUOTE]

It was nice to see this piece in the University section. They do a nice job of giving updates on things at UNC Charlotte that are not athletic related.

As far as your question about shared space, I think it is reference to shared office and classroom space by different departments/colleges within the University. Somewhere else in the article they reference a fact that tenured professors get an office, so in the future they may have to share office space. Also for classroom buildings, they can be used to teach all subjects since the rooms themselves do not need to be unique. The unique spaces would be labs etc for research.

ā€œAdministrators said the new plan will include alternative ways to address classroom and office needs. One way to address classroom needs is by looking at online courses. The university also may consider ending its practice of giving all tenured professors their own offices.ā€

ā€¦Sounds like a world class university to meā€¦UNC just opened a $3,800,000. basketball shrine (museum). How many of their professors work out of a closet. Tenure should have itā€™s benefitsā€¦

[QUOTE=chasmo101;288941]ā€œAdministrators said the new plan will include alternative ways to address classroom and office needs. One way to address classroom needs is by looking at online courses. The university also may consider ending its practice of giving all tenured professors their own offices.ā€

ā€¦Sounds like a world class university to meā€¦UNC just opened a $3,800,000. basketball shrine (museum). How many of their professors work out of a closet. Tenure should have itā€™s benefitsā€¦[/QUOTE]

Not that Iā€™m a fan of giving professors too much, after all, they are state employees; but this may hurt us recruiting better professors.

Not that I'm a fan of giving professors too much, after all, they are state employees; but this may hurt us recruiting better professors.

WAIT! I thought the UNC name is what got better professors for us!? Not the area, the surrounding school systems (cabarrus for example), or the new cutting edge equipment they get to do their research with?

Of course they said that. If they had said anything or put it on any of the maps it would have been all over NNN and then it would have been in the O.

If you donā€™t think organizations ( like UNC Charlotte) donā€™t hold back information from the public I have some beach front property for you in Nevada.

LOL!!! ROFL!!!

If you don't think organizations ( like UNC Charlotte) don't hold back information from the public I have some beach front property for you in Nevada.

Good lord. That is pure gold.

First, you said it was well known it was on master plans, when in fact it wasnā€™t on any master plan at all. Also, there is a HUGE difference in withholding information, and stating that ā€œa football stadium should NOT be on campusā€ especially under Woodwardā€™s reign. (http://facilities.uncc.edu/1995_masterplan/planning.html, #20 No football stadium shall be constructed on property currently owned by the University.)

We have a 20+ year old legend about bonnie coneā€™s grandson that still isnā€™t dead, lets not start saying anything was well known.