Wright State Postgame

Down 14, what a great comeback.

Derrio has the ‘wright stuff’

I knew I took work off for a reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Discuss…

[quote=“Basden05, post:1, topic:24627”]Down 14, what a great comeback.

Discuss…[/quote]You took off work to watch us play Wright State?

You are hands down our greatest fan.

Maybe superstition, but the team is 2-0 after Spears being “officially” removed from the team.

If the team starts a bad losing streak, who’s the next in line to be sacrificially removed from the team?

[quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:24627”][quote=“Basden05, post:1, topic:24627”]Down 14, what a great comeback.

You are hands down our greatest fan.[/quote]

s*** yeah I did. Nothing better than a live niners game 8)

[quote=“Basden05, post:4, topic:24627”][quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:24627”][quote=“Basden05, post:1, topic:24627”]Down 14, what a great comeback.

You are hands down our greatest fan.[/quote]

s*** yeah I did. Nothing better than a live niners game 8)

bas05…
you’re a champion!!![/quote]

Braswell has to get his mind right.

A rebound fell in his lap and he just let the other team have it. other than that, stellar game.

Derrio started out a little off, but he really picked it up. Some great drives and dishes. Some huge shots. JB was clutch in the first half. Really looks like the team is starting to get it. Jones with two monster blocks.

Also, another game with a huge lock down defensive performance in the last quarter. They shot 26% from behind the arc and 33% over all. That is impressive.

We played the season role of “The Grinch” tonight. We flat out stole that game from Wright State.

Great win!
Good job not give up guys it looked bad for a while!!!

Saying that for alot of times tonight Braswell looked like he could have cared less!!! Maybe tired maybe down on himself but he came through when it mattered but I was worried. Glad the team woke up and Derrio caught FIRE!!!

[quote=“MeanNgreeN16, post:8, topic:24627”]Great win!

Saying that for alot of times tonight Braswell looked like he could have cared less!!! Maybe tired maybe down on himself but he came through when it mattered but I was worried. Glad the team woke up and Derrio caught FIRE!!![/quote]

Braswell should have had 15 rebounds. They killed us on the offensive glass and he was responsible for a lot of them. Not sure what’s going on with him right now, but he did not have a great game.

Wright State plays some pretty good fundamental basketball. We have to cut down on the stupid turnovers, rebounds slipping out of our hands, and terrible shot selection at times. I can’t imagine Derrio’s last 2 shots were the designed plays… pretty risky shots. But thats Niner basketball isn’t it? Man were those daggers.

Great effort from JB on the glass and offensively. I was wondering why he didn’t get more minutes and sat too long at times. He should be taking more of Anjuan’s minutes with play like that.

Wish we could feed into the post better as well. But I must say, I wasn’t expecting a come back the way we were playing. Great win. Student turnout was a bit weak, but could’ve been worse. Otherwise, that was a much better turnout than I was expecting. Halton was rocking near the end

[quote=“MeanNgreeN16, post:8, topic:24627”]Great win!

Saying that for alot of times tonight Braswell looked like he could have cared less!!! Maybe tired maybe down on himself but he came through when it mattered but I was worried. Glad the team woke up and Derrio caught FIRE!!![/quote]
Braswell was definitely looking frustrated at himself and the team. You could tell he was getting agitated at times when Briscoe couldn’t get him the ball inside. I can’t blame him at the last part… we have to run more plays for him and do a better job of getting the ball inside.

[quote=“contemptor, post:11, topic:24627”][quote=“MeanNgreeN16, post:8, topic:24627”]Great win!

Braswell was definitely looking frustrated at himself and the team. You could tell he was getting agitated at times when Briscoe couldn’t get him the ball inside. I can’t blame him at the last part… we have to run more plays for him and do a better job of getting the ball inside.[/quote]

Braswell forces his offense when he has the ball and he doesn’t always establish position. And, he wasn’t earning the ball on the defensive end. He just hasn’t had a good season so far.

We’ve been finding ways to win games… and im not going to lie… i like these low scoring games… the slower the game goes the better we have been playing…

GO NINERS

Braswell’s struggles are his own. Why give him the ball when he throws up trash? He has no touch, no finesse. Once the ball is past his waist, he no longer has control.

The team is playing good defense and for the most part being patient on offense. Those are recipes for Ws when the team doesn’t have tremendous offensive abilities.

I hope Phil’s improvements can rub off of Braswell, they could be a very good tandem in A10 play.

This was a horribly officiated game. We got calls and they got calls. They were climbing over our backs for rebounds half the night. When they finally were called on it, they looked surprised. It had to be frustrating for both teams.

Nonetheless, we outfought them at the end and WE DESERVED TO WIN!!!

Our zone beat them by about 15 pts. We were down at least 12 when we switched. They were killing us with dribble drive & kickout for open 3 and the zone stopped it. Likewise, we finally broke down their defense when Derrio and Deuce started driving, because they were doing such a good job denying the entry passes and they were in our shorts all night out on the perimeter.

The zone looks the best with JB and Derrio out front, but everyone seems to be playing it well.

JB is becoming one heck of a player. He does everything well. So glad to see him develop.

I have to admit that I cringed when Derrio took the last 3. Thought it was too early in the shot clock, but he was feeling it and had Major’s confidence… and he made it. Good for him.

Derrio played much better at the point in the 2nd half. He played as a lead guard.

Gokhan is starting to play real defense. His improvement is ridiculous compared to how awful he was.

Bras is great at the line but I’m still looking for more dominance on the defensive end, and on the glass.

Mark it down - NA’s first ref complaint of the season - The bald ref either hated us or is from Ohio, or… whatever. He called contact fouls so lopsided he should get suspended. He was awful.

One area of concern - why were we overlooking open shooters in the first half? I hope these guys are getting along and trust one another. It’s the only way we’re gonna win.

Great effort tonight and Major’s influence is starting to really be seen and felt. We make adjustments and the guys are showing great composure.

I’m starting to like this team. Need to get a little bit better on offense, but if they can play zone like that every night, we will be in a lot of games with a chance to win.

Crappy most of the game, GREAT COMEBACK, better crowd than I expected, crowd got loud at the right time, we won. Good times. ;D

Keep rolling boys! Glad we stayed focused after a big win.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:15, topic:24627”]The team is playing good defense and for the most part being patient on offense. Those are recipes for Ws when the team doesn’t have tremendous offensive abilities.

I hope Phil’s improvements can rub off of Braswell, they could be a very good tandem in A10 play.[/quote]

I have’nt quite figured out what’s going on - the stats are very interesting looking at the Niners vs WSU. It seems we are neutralizing the other teams goto shooters just enough to squeak through.

WSU got kicked in the nuts for Xmas - the gametracker is so lopsided towards WSU until the last 3 mins. We’ve been on the other end of these so much the Niners are due. Great win after UT.