Wyoming Post Game

Didn’t get a chance to see the game, but seeing the box score

D’Angelo. Please stop shooting 3’s. 2-10. That could have cost us the game. He shot 7/16 from the inside of the arc. That’s nearly 50%. Stop jacking up wild 3’s and we’d be a much better team. Good effort on the offensive glass. Those 4 Offensive Rebounds were part of the reason we put up 17 more shots.

Somebody get Lee some shots. I know he had foul trouble but in 26 minutes he has to shoot more than 3 times. There is no reason Ian and D’angelo should take 34 shots between them and Lee only have 3. We need more balance.

These two also should be noticed for their stellar defense on Ewing and Jones. However Ian was absolutely raped by Spencer. His defense must improve. Also our posts have to do a better job defensively. Brown averages 5 ppg and lit them up. This is becoming a recurring theme against our forwards. They need to do a better job moving their feet and contesting jump shots.

Please give EJ the ball more often. He hits a high percentage, has some wickedly quick post moves and is getting to the FT line consistently. If he can consistently hit his FT’s it will help this team tremendously.

Overall a good win for the Niners. Didn’t play great and we won. Good job by Bobby in getting this team righted after 2 blowouts.

Lutz mentioned something on the postgame that he had a caller from Lutz Live and that caller gave him some tips on the zone defense. I don’t remember exactly what he said - but Lutz did say that he felt that the caller had a point, he listened to the advice, and it turned out to be pretty effective.

In the spirit of Christmas, I’m going to bite my tongue on my feelings of the game. Happy holidays, everybody!

Didn't get a chance to see the game, but seeing the box score

Check out the turnovers and shot attempts. Once again, these stats probably tell the story. :dribble:

in the past two games, we’ve outscored opponents 46-11 off turnovers…nice little stat.

EJ was 7/9 from the FT line tonight and almost had another double-double.

carlos added 13

we also committed a season low 7 turnovers against wyoming. it was overall a great game for us, and we needed the win.

here is a great post game article from our site…

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/122306aaa.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/122306aaa.html[/URL]

It doesn’t matter to me who we beat right now. I’m just glad to see we rebounded after a couple of lopsided losses. Good win. Hopefully we will show up against Wofford and go on a nice little streak. Go niners.

They shot almost 60% from the field…

any avg team and we would have gotten blown out…

Even though we won…the 3 disturbing trends continue:

1- Defensively we are terrible…look at their shooting %
2- We continue to shoot terribly…0-8 from 3ptrs in 2nd half
3- SHARE THE DAMN BALL - 9 freakin’ assists. 1…ONE…THAT’S ONE from the “Next Sean Colson”…My ass!

Charlotte committed a season-low seven turnovers vs. Wyoming

3- SHARE THE DAMN BALL - 9 freakin' assists. 1...ONE...THAT'S ONE from the "Next Sean Colson"......My ass!

Stop looking so myopically at Carlos. I think he’s probably the one bright spot. Someone who actually can go to the rim and finish. Imagine if Mitch was out there. We’d have 8 assists more per game but lose by 40 instead of 20.

Looks like we are going to run a 7 man rotation the rest of the season.

We also are doing better off of turnovers, ie., no half court set, it is best to just take it to the hoop the % is a lot higher than setting up our half court offense. Even when we don’t have numbers we need to drive to the hoop.

I think we well go with an 8 man rotation once Jamison is healthy. Hopefully Dewhurst redshirts.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;207051]Stop looking so myopically at Carlos. I think he’s probably the one bright spot. Someone who actually can go to the rim and finish. Imagine if Mitch was out there. We’d have 8 assists more per game but lose by 40 instead of 20.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for Truth.

Stop looking so myopically at Carlos. I think he's probably the one bright spot. Someone who actually can go to the rim and finish. Imagine if Mitch was out there. We'd have 8 assists more per game but lose by 40 instead of 20.

I don’t want to imagine Mitch out there and I don’t want to imagine Carlos either.

The fact that he was benched 2 games ago says alot (considering we have NO real PG).
The fact that you have to compare him to Mitch to make a point says alot.

He is the only guy we have that finishes but…
He doesn’t run the offense…
He doesn’t even attempt to penetrate or set up other players…
He doesn’t create anything…

But we were told he was the best PG we’ve had since Colson. I’m sorry. But if he was coming in being touted as “the next Mitch” it wouldn’t bother me at all…but to compare him to Colson yet produce like Mitch???

In actuality, Carlos is probably one of our best players but he is not the PG we needed. We have needed a PG for years. We were supposed to have one this year. We still don’t have one. He is not a solution at all for this position…though he was touted as being the “savior” at PG. That’s why I get so “mypocket” after I see his stats for each game.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIND US A REAL PG…PLEASE???

Santa? Santa? You out there?

best point guard since colson? exactly how many GOOD point guards have we had since colson? demon was not a true point.

They shot almost 60% from the field....

any avg team and we would have gotten blown out…

Wyoming is a pretty good team. They are 9-4 with a home win over UAB and a road win against Colorado.

Does Jamison start at the 2G when he comes back healthy ?

[QUOTE=amnesiac;207084]Does Jamison start at the 2G when he comes back healthy ?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think he’s ever played the 2. He may guard perimeter players but but not be the 2. He’ll play the 3 to rest DA and add some defense. Role player only but should help with matchups.

carlos was benched. he comes back and scores 13. id say thats making a statement. he’s new to this offense, if you have forgotten. picking up a new offense isnt the easiest and quickest thing to do. he’ll start to gel more with the team as the season goes on.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;207106]I don’t think he’s ever played the 2. He may guard perimeter players but but not be the 2. He’ll play the 3 to rest DA and add some defense. Role player only but should help with matchups.[/QUOTE]

When he’s healthy, he sure does sub in for Ian A LOT, so it’s easy to understand why you could assume he plays the 2. Does anyone else notice that? You can get dizzy. Like:

• Out of bounds, off a Niner. JJ subs in, Ian subs out.
  • Niner commits a foul. Ian subs in, JJ subs out.
  • Niners get a basket, opponents call a timeout. JJ subs in, Ian subs out.
  • Opponents throw the ball away for a turnover. Ian subs in, JJ subs out.
  • Niner gets fouled and goes to the line. JJ subs in, Ian subs out.

etc. etc. etc.

[QUOTE=survivor45;207145]When he’s healthy, he sure does sub in for Ian A LOT, so it’s easy to understand why you could assume he plays the 2. Does anyone else notice that? You can get dizzy. Like:

• Out of bounds, off a Niner. JJ subs in, Ian subs out.
  • Niner commits a foul. Ian subs in, JJ subs out.
  • Niners get a basket, opponents call a timeout. JJ subs in, Ian subs out.
  • Opponents throw the ball away for a turnover. Ian subs in, JJ subs out.
  • Niner gets fouled and goes to the line. JJ subs in, Ian subs out.

etc. etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

yea. i noticed it. jj for defense. ian for offense.