Wyoming Post Game

[QUOTE=49erFan1;207083]Wyoming is a pretty good team. They are 9-4 with a home win over UAB and a road win against Colorado.[/QUOTE]

Colorado and UAB are pretty bad this year. I am happy that we beat a decent team, but letā€™s not get carried away.

Isnā€™t the Carlos/Colson discussion a moot point? Colson had DeMarco; and Kelvin and Galen. I donā€™t think Sean would have many assist opportunities if you injected him into our current roster.

I didnā€™t see any of the Hawaii games, so could someone answer me:

I see that in each of the past two games, the tandem of Twon/Sleeves was 4-of-11 from the field. Of the shots taken, were those guys still shooting mostly pull-up jumpers as opposed to post moves? Were they STILL being used in the offense primarily to set screens (outside the paint) for jumpshooters? For that reason, in the games that Iā€™ve seen, one or both of these guys is ALWAYS picking up at least one offensive foul for an illegal screen. Still happening?

With that offensive philosophy and our roster, Jason Kidd wouldnā€™t get much done at the PG position. So I canā€™t criticize Carlos for his assists-- I would think heā€™s got to be frustrated playing on a team with no frontcourt threat.

Isn't the Carlos/Colson discussion a moot point? Colson had DeMarco; and Kelvin and Galen. I don't think Sean would have many assist opportunities if you injected him into our current roster.

Itā€™d be moot if KTown didnā€™t have such a hard-on for Carlos. I tried the whole Galen/Kelvin/Demarco thing but it didnā€™t work.

Uh-huh, I see. So thereā€™s no reason why it should be brought up again.

Still, any answers to my questions? Iā€™ll be watching for post play at the Wofford game. . .

[QUOTE=Darryl_Banks;207184]Still, any answers to my questions? Iā€™ll be watching for post play at the Wofford game. . .[/QUOTE]

Youā€™re gonna have to ask someone that was there, since the last 2 games werent televised.

My first post since coming backā€¦ In those last two games, especially the game against Valpo, we did seem to be making an effort to get the ball in scoring positions in the low post. Now, we certainly were trying to get it to EJ more than our two headed center, but we did make the effort and Courtney showed a nice move or two. Coleman also had a nice score or two.

Two things would help them immensely IMOā€¦ (1) petition the NCAA for a 6th foul for Coleman since every ref seems to give him one as he steps off the busā€¦ (2) Commission Dr. Evil to steal Kelvin Priceā€™s mojo and inject it into Courtney. Honestly, I think Courtney could really produce for us if he had a little more confide3nce on the court.

One of the biggest differences I saw in coming off the loss to Houston was what seemed to be a focus on trying to go back up withthe ball after offensive rebounds. There were still kickouts for 3ā€™s, but a lot less than in prior games.