Xavier Predictions

[QUOTE=ChevEE;293783]Last year DLaveneder faced a horrible point guard.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of Williams, I saw him on TV Saturday while I was flipping through the channels and came across a Bowie State game.

[QUOTE=run49er;293802]Speaking of Williams, I saw him on TV Saturday while I was flipping through the channels and came across a Bowie State game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I watched a little bit of thatā€¦ Glad he worked out somewhere else.

Weā€™re so up and down, this game is tough to predict. We have gotten up for these type games so far this season with Davidson, Wake Forest, and Southern Illinois. I am glad this game is at home. I tend to agree with the posts above about us shooting 3ā€™s. We will shoot a ton of 3ā€™s this game. If Leemire goes off and gets alittle help I say we pull it out late in the game. If heā€™s off, it could be a loooong night.

The good news is that we are 7-3 against teams in the top 100.

No question about it. Last year DLaveneder faced a [U][B]horrible point guard[/B][/U]. Will be nice to see how we do when we can get the ball down court. I expect to see Gerrity on the floor a lot for offensive production and maybe Harris a little to try and rattle Drew with defensive pressure.

Cā€™MON!!! Did you not watch the Bowie State vs. Shaw game this weekend, kid was nastyā€¦

Edit: after posting I noticed you did watch some, so obviously you saw his mad skills amid the arabian pants he was wearing, or were they shorts?

honestly, even looked slow against those guys.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;293816]Cā€™MON!!! Did you not watch the Bowie State vs. Shaw game this weekend, kid was nastyā€¦[/QUOTE]
Yeah, let me revise thatā€¦

[QUOTE=ChevEE;293783]No question about it. Last year DLaveneder faced a horrible [B]Division 1[/B] point guard. Will be nice to see how we do when we can get the ball down court. I expect to see Gerrity on the floor a lot for offensive production and maybe Harris a little to try and rattle Drew with defensive pressure.[/QUOTE]
[I]Fixed![/I]

thatā€™s more like it :biggrin:

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;293816]Cā€™MON!!! Did you not watch the Bowie State vs. Shaw game this weekend, kid was nastyā€¦

Edit: after posting I noticed you did watch some, so obviously you saw his mad skills amid the arabian pants he was wearing, or were they shorts?

honestly, even looked slow against those guys.[/QUOTE]

I still, to this day can see him doing that stupid OCD routine of cross half court line, dribble through the legs around the back, take a step forward and turn around backwards. And I can remember vividly the look on DLavenders face as he followed the ball in that routine and took off for Williams on the dribble to strip it for an open court layup. SEVERAL TIMES!!!

I still, to this day can see him doing that stupid OCD routine of cross half court line, dribble through the legs around the back, take a step forward and turn around backwards. And I can remember vividly the look on DLavenders face as he followed the ball in that routine and took off for Williams on the dribble to strip it for an open court layup. SEVERAL TIMES!!!!

That shouldnā€™t happen against our guys this year.

I predict #11 in the AP poll.

Dangit. I was off by 52 votes.

In an attempt to rescue the hijacking:

X - 76
Charlotte - 59

Cannot be a rivalry if itā€™s one sided. Man- hope Iā€™m WAY off.

49ers: 73

Xavier: 72

I BELIEVE!:49ers:

I think weā€™re tougher than St. Louis at home. I also think X matches up better against us though.
Iā€™ll say X - 75, char - 70. :unhappy:

Hope Iā€™m wrong. This game should be an intense atmosphere, which tends to foster special efforts.

Hard fought gameā€¦a great atmosphereā€¦X pulling it out at the end

49ers 78

So, the ā€œPoke a Musketeerā€ thing on facebook has a wall that people have been writing on and there was a particular comment that stuck out at meā€¦

rushing the court sounds awesome. i wanted to rush against wake...but the security was tight. but yeah, if we beat those assholes.....we're rushing. no doubt.
Please! Please don't rush the court. It will be a great win, but not court rushing material I don't think. I'm not sure why they wanted to rush after the Wake game. Sure it was cool to win and I was hype afterwards, but rush? No. What do y'all think? I believe rushing the court is reserved for beating the #1 team in the nation, winning the championship and maybe finishing off an undefeated conference schedule or something.
So, the "Poke a Musketeer" thing on facebook has a wall that people have been writing on and there was a particular comment that stuck out at me...

Please! Please donā€™t rush the court. It will be a great win, but not court rushing material I donā€™t think. Iā€™m not sure why they wanted to rush after the Wake game. Sure it was cool to win and I was hype afterwards, but rush? No. What do yā€™all think? I believe rushing the court is reserved for beating the #1 team in the nation, winning the championship and maybe finishing off an undefeated conference schedule or something.

Iā€™ve said it before, and Iā€™ll say it again. Planning to rush the court before the game has even started is one of the lamest moves in the history of sports.

It should be spontaneous.

Weā€™re not rushing. Smalltime, if you ask me.

If we were a legitimate rival with X I could see it, since the court was stormed a number of times after beating a top 15 Cincy or Louisville squad, but those occured primarily b/c of the dislike of those two squads, not their ranking (although that aided it).

Xavier 84
Charlotte 70

Weā€™re in trouble if Lee is offā€¦X is a very balanced, athletic team!

Small time? Itā€™s a legit team approaching the Top 10 that actually has enough nerve to play in Halton. Doesnā€™t hurt that theyā€™re from Cincinnati, either. If you wonā€™t allow yourself to get excited, then thereā€™s something wrong with you. It should be the best team to come to campus in a couple years and Iā€™m really looking forward to it.

I agree that rushing the court should be sponatneous. You canā€™t ā€œplanā€ an exciting upset.