Xavier pregame stories

amazing. A-10 conference coaches conference call was on Monday, the 16th.

on the same day, a news source publishes quotes from Charlotte’s coach.

[QUOTE]Coach Bobby Lutz said the difference in the last five games is this: The 49ers have finally recharged after a string of injuries.

“We’re as healthy as we’re going to be,” Lutz said in Monday’s Atlantic 10 coaches’ conference call.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“I like the way we’re playing. We’ve lost a couple tough ones around (the) three wins, but we had chances in every one of those games,” Lutz said. [/QUOTE]

Maybe the automated feed takes a break in between Cincinnati and Charlotte.

no, its actually written by a Cincinnati Enquirer reporter.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090216/SPT0102/302160038/1065

I never knew that Coach Lutz ever spoke in public, except for Lutz Live, postgame coverage on the radio and in the pressroom.

Related, but not on the same topic:

If it was Roy Williams taking his team to Levine Childrens Hospital, pictures would have been on the front of the Charlotte Observer, with additional pictures in the sports pages with, at least, 2 stories.

Since it was Coach Lutz…you better get to Halton early on gameday to see the video or you have NO IDEA that Coach Lutz and his team give any time to the community.

Not sure why the Big O doesn’t pick up on the weekly coaches’ conference call. Rick Majerus probably got a reprimand for his remarks on Monday about A-10 officiating.

[QUOTE=run49er;384683]Not sure why the Big O doesn’t pick up on the weekly coaches’ conference call. [/QUOTE]

You are joking, I think. :smile:

The reason they don’t is painfully obvious. It would take away space from important Charlotte Observer stories like Roy Williams’’ favorite toilet paper.

If the Observer did something simple, like covering the weekly A10 coaches conference call, they could go a long towards shutting up people like me.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;384704]You are joking, I think. :smile:[/QUOTE]
Yes. I can’t tell that Jim - or anyone else from the Big O staff - is participating in the weekly A-10 conference call. Hmmm…

It would take away space from important Charlotte Observer stories like Roy Williams'' favorite toilet paper. .

I believe Coach Lutz’s favorite toilet paper might be the Charlotte Observer.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;384704]You are joking, I think. :smile:

The reason they don’t is painfully obvious. It would take away space from important Charlotte Observer stories like Roy Williams’’ favorite toilet paper.

If the Observer did something simple, like covering the weekly A10 coaches conference call, [B]they could go a long towards shutting up people like me[/B].[/QUOTE]

There’s a bit of good news out of all this, Joe. The o is madly in love with collecting broken records.:tongue:

The observer does a poor job covering the team, both pre/post game. I no longer open the newspaper to look for Niner coverage…I just assume it is not there. If I stumble onto it, it occupies 30 seconds of my days since it is normally so short and uninformative.

As for local TV, WCNC tends to at least cover our games. Lutz was on Sport Extra this weekend and talked about the past few games and Xavier. He said some similar things around injuries etc. [B]He also mentioned that they are trying to get Coley into the Dunk Contest that is held at the Final Four. [/B]

That would be sweet!

[QUOTE=scollie41;384789]The observer does a poor job covering the team, both pre/post game. I no longer open the newspaper to look for Niner coverage…I just assume it is not there. If I stumble onto it, it occupies 30 seconds of my days since it is normally so short and uninformative.

[/QUOTE]

welcome to reality. Figured you would get there. Just a matter of time.

[QUOTE=scollie41;384789]He also mentioned that they are trying to get Coley into the Dunk Contest that is held at the Final Four. [/QUOTE]

That is good to hear. I wonder if he gets into the…naw, its just not worth making a reference to the Observer. Any person with a brain knows where to find this kind of information. www.ninernation.net or www.charlotte49ers.com

I believe Coach Lutz's favorite toilet paper might be the Charlotte Observer.

:lol:

If I didn’t know better, I’d say this thread turned into an Observer Bashing Thread without me posting anything. Imagine that.

The observer does a poor job covering the team, both pre/post game.
The sad thing is it was no better (probably worse) during our CUSA run..... even when we were regulars in the NCAA.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;384907]If I didn’t know better, I’d say this thread turned into an Observer Bashing Thread without me posting anything. Imagine that.

The sad thing is it was no better (probably worse) during our CUSA run… even when we were regulars in the NCAA.[/QUOTE]

Nah, you’re just imagining things, Over. We wouldn’t do such terrible thing. After all, we have to support our “local” paper for such wonderful Niners coverage over the years.:smile:

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;384782]I believe Coach Lutz’s favorite toilet paper might be the Charlotte Observer.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. The O could not cover my *ss.

More, though nothing from Charlotte…

GoXavier.com: [b]Men’s Basketball Hits the Road for Rematch with Charlotte

Musketeers continue to play the right way[/b]

Cincinnati.com: [b]White Out

Sean Miller radio show highlights[/b]

[QUOTE=run49er;384938]
Cincinnati.com: White Out
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]It should be called a Talent Out when X comes to town with a roster full of mid-major recruits and a mediocre coach, but I guess Charlotte needs to be excited about something.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

I’m sure if Coach Lutz’ squad had more wins this season, we would see print coverage as good or better than what Xavier gets in Cincinnati. Right?

[QUOTE=run49er;384938]Sean Miller radio show highlights[/b]
[/QUOTE]

Amazing. In Cincinnati, the newspaper blog is used for radio show updates.

Wonder if anyone at the Observer knows that Bobby has a radio show.

More game notes, etc…

Charlotte49ers.com: [b]Charlotte Hosts #16/#17 Xavier, Thursday at 7:00 p.m.

Charlotte 49ers Jersey Retirement: Eddie Basden[/b]

GO NINERS! BEAT THE X-MEN!

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;384782]I believe Coach Lutz’s favorite toilet paper might be the Charlotte Observer.[/QUOTE]

Nah…the O makes for terrible toilet paper. It doesn’t take sh*t off anybody except the Tarheels.

Thought this was pretty awesome!

[QUOTE][B]HARRIS’ PASSING FANCY - 5th in Nation: [/B]
Junior [URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/harris_dijuan01.html]DiJuan Harris[/URL] now ranks 5th in the nation in assists and 7th in the nation in A-TO ratio. Harris, who passed out a career-best 15 assists with just one turnover vs. George Washington has 164 assists (6.83/gm). He owns a 2.98 A-TO ratio. In A-10 games, Harris is averaging 8.2 assists with a 3.73 A-TO ratio. Harris has four points-assists double-doubles and eight games with double-digit dishes. With six regular-season games remaining, Harris ranks 8th on the 49ers’ single-season charts with 164 dishes. His 6.83 assist average is third-best. The 15 assists vs. George Washington are the most by a 49er since Sean Colson set the school record with 18 in 1997-98 and the third-most by a 49er in league play. [/QUOTE]

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021809aab.html

Harris…by far my favorite Niner this year. Where can I get a Harris jersey?