Xavier

Xavier is missing Thorton and Finn. Doellman is playing with two broken bones in his hand. Tommorow we should put an end to their season…If we can stop their three point shot!

Lets go Niners!

Finn was a non-factor against us earlier in the year. Thorton did most of his damage in the second half when the game was already over. Doellman will still score 20+ on at least 80% shooting against us. They still have Cage, Duncan and, most importantly, Burrell.

Not an easy game for us. At least it is pretty much a road game, that is a good sign this year.

So, I assume this means Xavier won.

We need to get some Cincy fans up there to dress in green and go pretend they’re Niners.

Xavier 75, UMASS 66

All of Xavier’s starters scored in double figures, including Burrell with 22.

Life and Lasme carried the way for UMASS with Life getting 24 and Lasme 20.

One good thing that I can look at on the box score is the ammount of TO’s for both teams. 20 a piece.

Looks like our favorite ref Fran Connolly was the head official for this game. If he calls our game he better not screw up!

OK, my earlier “prediction” has come to pass: us vs X. Now if sincy fans show up they gotta cheer for us to make me a full-fledged soothsayer.
Note to X: Beware the Ides of March! GO NINERS!!!

Cincy fans will always pull for us against Xavier. Well, the ones with any element of class anyway. We let them down the first go-round but hopefully we can make up for it tonight.

We have GOT to play solid perimeter defense tonight because in my opinion, them getting hot from beyond 15’ will be the only way they beat us. Also need to win the board battle and really limit our turnovers. And it goes without saying that Curt/DA both need to continue playing so well. I’m a little more uneasy today than I was yesterday about playing them but I still really like our chances.

This is gonna be an incredibly long day at work I feel. :unhappy:

[QUOTE=jcl49er;160044]

This is gonna be an incredibly long day at work I feel. :unhappy:[/QUOTE]

Work-day? This is going to be an incredibly long day of pep rallies and message board reading and game following and speculating. But working? Doubt there will be too much of that going on today.

Work-day? This is going to be an incredibly long day of pep rallies and message board reading and game following and speculating. But working? Doubt there will be too much of that going on today.

I said at work, not of work. :tongue: I’ve been here since 1993 so my employees/employer know that I’m completely worthless (more so than usual) this time of the year. Today will be no exception.

It doesn’t matter who we play or what the spread is. All that matters is 3 w’s.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;160047]I said [I]at [/I]work, not [I]of [/I]work. :tongue: I’ve been here since 1993 so my employees/employer know that I’m completely worthless (more so than usual) this time of the year. Today will be no exception.[/QUOTE]

I’m the same way. Maybe even more so this year due to the fact that I put my two week notice in earlier this week. If I had been forward-thinking correctly I would have done it in late Feb. and taken the whole month of March off!

If Charlotte plays with the same intensity of the GW game, there should be no problems. The outcome was bad but that was a fun game to watch, for many reasons, one being that they wanted that game and they played like it. I just hope they don’t have a let down and go back to, well, everybody here knows what I’m talking about.

Nothing but positive thoughts today.

This is going to be a MAJOR CHALLENGE. Xavier has regained some momentum playing at home and hitting a lot of shots. Difficult matchup and homecourt crowd. Several guys will have to step up tonight and we have to be really active on the perimeter.

Not to start anything, but Xavier shot lights out last night. 10 -18 from 3, and a strong FG%. Better off giving these guys dunks then open 3 point looks, we are really going to be guarding the perimeter tonight.

In the FWIW category, Fran Connolly (lead official in the GW game) did the Xavier-UMass game last night, so he likely will not be doing the 49ers’ game tonight. However, Jack Sweeney worked the Dayton-Saint Joseph’s game.

Also 5,468 in attendance for the 2 night session games (16,500 capacity).

About Xavier from the [I]Cincinnati Enquirer:[/I]

[QUOTE]“You can sense when guys are playing their hearts out,” said Sean Miller. They scar their knees laying out for loose balls. They make a block on one end, then sprint to the other to take an outlet pass for a layup. Both of which happened for XU Wednesday.

Desperation enters the equation in March. Desperation is a great motivator.[/QUOTE]

This could be an intense game.

I bet that the niners will be down by 10 points in the first half.That has been the trend lately.Xavier is very good team.How did they finish 10th in this confernce

[QUOTE=survivor45;160080]About Xavier from the [I]Cincinnati Enquirer:[/I]

This could be an intense game.[/QUOTE]

So are revenge, redemption, and vindication.