xbox 360

I know a few of you guys out there have one. I just wanted to give a reference to the guy that modded my xbox for me. He lives in Mooresville. [URL=themodguy.com]themodguy.com[/URL] is his website. He did a great job on mine. Helped me with any problems I had. With modding my 360, it now has the capability to play games that I have burned. Works out great. Check him out if you are thinking about it, or PM me if you have any questions.

Does modding your xbox give you an advantage in online gaming? I’ve heard complaints before of people having an advantage by doing it.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;226644]Does modding your xbox give you an advantage in online gaming? I’ve heard complaints before of people having an advantage by doing it.[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to disable the modchip before playing online… so you can’t play online with any games unless you own a legit copy.

I believe you have to disable the modchip before playing online... so you can't play online with any games unless you own a legit copy.

Nah, the mods for the 360 are really just a hack to the DVD drive firmware to make it look like a burned disc is a real bought game. The mods on the xbox were a full bios replacement for the motherboard and were detectable, so you had to disable it to play online. With the 360, there’s no detection that can be done by Live, so it shouldn’t affect online play and it give you no advantages except you can backup your bought games or download games and burn…

ninermac is right. all it is a “flash” of your firmware to a hacked version for the drive. No advantages, other than playing burned games. Live cannot distinguish a difference, so burned games play perfectly fine on XBL