Yahoo connection for Hofstra game?

Was anyone able to listen to the Hofstra game online? I’m registered and had no trouble listening during the Paradise Jam, but it never would work on Saturday. So, I was listening to mostly static through the radio, with Matt’s voice breaking through every few seconds.

Was anyone able to listen to the Hofstra game online? I'm registered and had no trouble listening during the Paradise Jam, but it never would work on Saturday. So, I was listening to mostly static through the radio, with Matt's voice breaking through every few seconds.

The Yahoo broadcast worked for me, but I did not start listening until the half.

I’m surprised you couldn’t get it on the radio. I was driving to work listening to the pregame and it came in completely clear the entire way. I work at the Meck/Union line on providence road so its not like I was close to school. I was shocked at the clarity and even my dad in Monroe said it was coming in pretty clear for him this year.

When it gets dark, the signal is almost completely lost in most of Union County, including Monroe (thats where I happened to be for the last 10 minutes of the game). During the day its fine.

I used to work at an AM radio station and most AM radio stations greatly reduce their transmitting power at sun down to avoid excessive ionospheric refraction of the radio waves, since this phenomenon is very pronounced after the sun goes down. If stations didn’t do this, all you would hear at night would be tens of radio stations transmitting over each other from around the world. They generally leave enough power to serve their core listening area, but people stuck more than 20 miles or so away from the transmitter are out of luck.