Year two assessment

[quote=“Niner National, post:34, topic:29171”][quote=“ninerID, post:32, topic:29171”]lost SEC level talent at LB due to a misdemeanor. Had $500 bond so it doesn’t sound too serious. Wasn’t enough to scare away P5 programs it seems.

I want standup guys, but we are going to have to be able to put up with antics of 18 year olds if we want to win.

“Good guys” will get a coach fired.[/quote]Agree 1000%.

Said yesterday that all I want are guys that do well enough in the classroom to stay eligible and players that don’t murder/rape/steal.

Anybody that exceeds those exceptionally low expectations in just a bonus IMO.

Now I don’t know the details of what Caldwell did, but with a $500 bond and a misdemeanor, it obviously wasn’t very serious. Funny how a minor fight / altercation is a crime off the field, but on the field it isn’t. Lambert going to kick guys off the team for on the field scuffles too?[/quote]

Lambert gives the players opportunities and it isn’t (unless very offensive) a one strike and your gone program. Players have to learn from their mistakes… If not, then they are gone. We don’t have to deal with the disruption a player that doesn’t buy in can create.

[quote=“ninerID, post:38, topic:29171”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:37, topic:29171”][quote=“ninerID, post:36, topic:29171”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:35, topic:29171”][quote=“ninerID, post:32, topic:29171”]lost SEC level talent at LB due to a misdemeanor. Had $500 bond so it doesn’t sound too serious. Wasn’t enough to scare away P5 programs it seems.

I want standup guys, but we are going to have to be able to put up with antics of 18 year olds if we want to win.

“Good guys” will get a coach fired.[/quote]

Where did you find the misdemeanor and $500 bond details?[/quote]
meck county police history. You can google “(person’s name) Mecklenburg county police” and it brings up some fun stuff.[/quote]

Caldwell was suspended after he was arrested for simple assault. Later that spring he had the suspension lifted. He was then dismissed from the team over the summer. It looks like he was given a chance. Without knowing what exactly happened, its hard for me to judge. It just sucks losing that talented of a player.[/quote]
Didn’t scare other schools away whatever it was. must not have been a Riley Ferguson level offense.[/quote]

clt says Riley who?

Since Terry Caldwell will play for Ole Miss in the SEC, does he count as our first 49er in professional football?

The defense sucks toe jam.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2014/12/16/top-prospects-jones-rankin-remain-undecided/20518415/

The North Carolina native’s lone offer was from UNC-Charlotte out of high school, where he eventually signed.
He played in 11 games at linebacker, finishing fifth on the team in tackles.
But he ended the season dissatisfied.
“I felt like I could do something bigger,” he said.
So, Caldwell traveled nearly 800 mines to transfer to Northwest Community College in Senatobia.
“My parents were pretty shocked when I told them I wanted to go to JUCO in Mississippi,” he said. “I just felt like it’s what I needed to do. It was just a gut feeling I could make it big.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2014/12/16/top-prospects-jones-rankin-remain-undecided/20518415/

The North Carolina native’s lone offer was from UNC-Charlotte out of high school, where he eventually signed.

So, Caldwell traveled nearly 800 mines to transfer to Northwest Community College in Senatobia.
“My parents were pretty shocked when I told them I wanted to go to JUCO in Mississippi,” he said. “I just felt like it’s what I needed to do. It was just a gut feeling I could make it big.[/quote]

Did he feel this way before or after he was arrested for assault?

http://charlotte-mugshots.com/lillton-terry-caldwell/

This makes it sound like he left on his own free will because he knew he could play for a power conference team.

I wish Terry the best though, and I hope he does big things for Ole Miss.

“My parents were pretty shocked when I told them I wanted to go to JUCO in Mississippi,” he said. “I just felt like it’s what I needed to do. It was just a gut feeling I could make it big.[/quote]

LOL… conveniently leaves out the fact he was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge, given a second chance on the team, blew that, and was dismissed.

LOL… conveniently leaves out the fact he was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge, given a second chance on the team, blew that, and was dismissed.[/quote]
Someone needs to send this to that paper…maybe they actually didn’t know. :-[

LOL… conveniently leaves out the fact he was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge, given a second chance on the team, blew that, and was dismissed.[/quote]
Someone needs to send this to that paper…maybe they actually didn’t know. :-[[/quote]

It’s the SEC, it’s probably just assumed.

Someone needs to send this to that paper…maybe they actually didn’t know. :-[[/quote]

It’s the SEC, it’s probably just assumed.[/quote]

Send it anyway. I wish the best for this kid, but really? His statement/this article pisses me off, like he’s soooo much over our program.

Wow. What a spin job.