YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/phil_taylor/03/12/mcelrathbey.clemson/index.html

That is pure cold-blooded evil. Wow.

Wow, I hope Clemson and Bowden get absolutely crucified for that decision. I remember watching that story during a game, and Clemson got a lot of good press for it. Now they should reap the bad press for screwing it up. Why do that?

Wow. I have a newfound hatred for Clemson. The Tiger faithful should be ashamed of their team.

unbelievable. F** Clemson.

Bowden is heartless. How the hell can you do that to such a great kid?!

thats pretty jacked up.

wonder how long until they magically find another scholarship for him.

They won’t find another scholarship because Ray Ray already said he planned on graduating in the summer if not sooner to get a job and better help him and his brother. He knows he is in position to leave school and better him and his brother.

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3283608[/URL]

Sad you boys don’t know the real story. I know him personally, he is being offered to get his masters for free at clemson. Clemson has always raised over 100K for his little brother.

[QUOTE=Eye Of The Niner;304397]Sad you boys don’t know the real story. I know him personally, he is being offered to get his masters for free at clemson. Clemson has always raised over 100K for his little brother.[/QUOTE]

Still freaking heartless, Bowden is a crappy coach, I wouldn’t want to play for the guy anyways. The guy wants to play football, that’s what he does, don’t tell me I don’t know the story, typical Clemson fan.

Comical. Like I said you do not know the story and it shows. I’ve talked to Ray Ray in the past 24 hours and he is fine. He’s getting his Masters for free at Clemson and being a grad assistant. His brother has everything paid for and more. Over 100K. So why don’t you get your facts straight before you look like a fool again. You have no inside knowledge of what is going on.

Oh and another thing, I’ve seen you in person and I seriously doubt you would have to worry about playing Division 1 football for any coach.

[QUOTE=Eye Of The Niner;304400]Comical. Like I said you do not know the story and it shows. I’ve talked to Ray Ray in the past 24 hours and he is fine. He’s getting his Masters for free at Clemson and being a grad assistant. His brother has everything paid for and more. Over 100K. So why don’t you get your facts straight before you look like a fool again. You have no inside knowledge of what is going on.

Oh and another thing, I’ve seen you in person and I seriously doubt you would have to worry about playing Division 1 football for any coach.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I don’t care if you are a so called “insider” or whatever you call yourself. I’ve talked to 4 IPTAY Members today and they all agreed it was wrong for Bowden to cut him. They know the university is taking care of everything including all his education and his brother, but point being, Ray Ray wanted to play football, Bowden just took that away from him. Now he’s stuck in a hard place because either he transfers (leaves behind a school & community committed to helping him & his brother out) or he has to quit the sport he loves playing.

Tough Decision, and as for claiming to be on “insider” status, I’ve seen it a thousand times, college guys will tell you one thing so nothing negative comes out.

So go on believing you are a “Clemson Insider,” quite frankly I don’t give a damn, because I never have gave a damn about Clemson. BTW, I’ll take SI over you, they’ve been reliable for years.

EDIT- Forgot to mention this but Clemson must be the only school with the entire state of South Carolina as insiders. There are at least 10 people I know just in the Gaffney/Spartanburg area that throw inside knowledge at me all the time, of course they are IPTAY members and haven’t missed a FB game in 10+ years.

Haha, I don't care if you are a so called "insider" or whatever you call yourself. I've talked to 4 IPTAY Members today and they all agreed it was wrong for Bowden to cut him. They know the university is taking care of everything including all his education and his brother, but point being, Ray Ray wanted to play football, Bowden just took that away from him. Now he's stuck in a hard place because either he transfers (leaves behind a school & community committed to helping him & his brother out) or he has to quit the sport he loves playing.

Tough Decision, and as for claiming to be on “insider” status, I’ve seen it a thousand times, college guys will tell you one thing so nothing negative comes out.

So go on believing you are a “Clemson Insider,” quite frankly I don’t give a damn, because I never have gave a damn about Clemson. BTW, I’ll take SI over you, they’ve been reliable for years.

EDIT- Forgot to mention this but Clemson must be the only school with the entire state of South Carolina as insiders. There are at least 10 people I know just in the Gaffney/Spartanburg area that throw inside knowledge at me all the time, of course they are IPTAY members and haven’t missed a FB game in 10+ years.

Don’t worry, I’ll call Bowden and Ray Ray tomorrow and straighten this whole mess up.

Yes, he wasn’t offered a scholarship to return to play football. But there are also positives to what actually happened.
Ray Ray had no chance to see the field this year. He was the fifth string running back. He tried to move positions and he couldn’t play it well enough. Is that his fault? Maybe. Fact is, Bowden was looking out for what is best for Ray Ray. Bowden knows that Ray Ray wants to play professionally. How is he going to get attention by being the 5th string running back? It is obviously best for him, if he wants to play professionally, to transfer to another school. If he doesn’t want to do that, he has a graduate position open for him.
Do you not think Clemson cared for him when they raised a $100,000 trust fund for him. Do you not think Clemson cared for him by giving him the chance to earn a degree?
This is slanderous writing and I hope you don’t do other universities and head coaches the way you have done Tommy Bowden. You are taking away all the great things the Clemson family did for Ray Ray and I hope you will correct this error in the future.

hmm…

who to believe. A writer from SI or some internet message board poster with “inside” information.

This shouldnt suprise anyone. Clempsun and Bowden are both 3rd rate.

Can you not read? Are you playing dumb or you just THAT ignorant? What I said was stated in the article that was posted above.

That fact is he is not good enough to play Division 1 football at the level Clemson is at right now. He is our 5th string running back.
He has been offered not one free degree, but two. His brother has been rewarded over 100,000 in money.

What else do they need to do? This isn’t rec league.

[QUOTE=casstommy;304406]hmm…

who to believe. A writer from SI or some internet message board poster with “inside” information.

This shouldnt suprise anyone. Clempsun and Bowden are both 3rd rate.[/QUOTE]

Yep, no matter how someone spins this it makes Clemson look terrible.

Link: [URL=http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2008/03/truth-comes-out-clemson-ran-ray-ray.html][B][U]The Truth Comes Out: Clemson Ran Ray Ray[/U][/B][/URL], The Wizard of Odds

hmm...

This shouldnt suprise anyone. Clempsun and Bowden are both 3rd rate.

Haha I know right!! Idiot.