YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

Kudos to Clemson for what they have done in the past but in response to this whole thing this was Bowden’s quote:

“We’re pretty good at running back right now,” coach Tommy Bowden said.

What kind of insensitive dumba** comment is that?!? It just shows football is just a business to him, just like his father they couldn’t give a flying flip about academics or the personal lives of the players, all they wants to do is win, good in the NFL, however in college you should at least try to be a councelor, or at least have something more sympathetic to say than that.

[QUOTE=Eye Of The Niner;304407]Can you not read? Are you playing dumb or you just THAT ignorant? What I said was stated in the article that was posted above.

That fact is he is not good enough to play Division 1 football at the level Clemson is at right now. He is [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=7][B][U]our[/U][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] 5th string running back.
He has been offered not one free degree, but two. His brother has been rewarded over 100,000 in money.

What else do they need to do? This isn’t rec league.[/QUOTE]

First… You are an ass clown.

Second. Ray Ray was done no favors; Clemson isn’t doing anything that EVERY OTHER SCHOOL CAN’T OFFER. The NCAA subsidizes graduate level programs for student athletes and institutions regularly do the same. I personally know a few DI athletes who have taken advantage of the same offer (Man, if feels good to act like I’m in the know!). Ray Ray did his job in the class room and will take advantage of an offer, don’t make Tommy or Clemson sound like they are saving the world 1 kid at a time. Tommy’s word isn’t worth ****, perhaps we can see why the guy is incapable of winning a big game. Loser on the field, loser off the filed.

Comical. Like I said you do not know the story and it shows. I've talked to Ray Ray in the past 24 hours and he is fine. He's getting his Masters for free at Clemson and being a grad assistant. His brother has everything paid for and more. Over 100K.
Tell him I said hello next time you talk to him.
So why don't you get your facts straight before you look like a fool again. You have no inside knowledge of what is going on.
Perception generally falls in line with the masses. Many on one side, one on the other. Who's the fool now?
Oh and another thing, I've seen you in person and I seriously doubt you would have to worry about playing Division 1 football for any coach.
I object! Your honor, this statement has no relevance whatsoever!

I’m not sure what’s worse, the person that does something like this, or being the person that sticks up for stuff like this.

Bowden pulled his scholarship on Saturday! Monday when he saw the article in the Charleston Post and Courier the spin machine began to work. They then offered RAY a Grad assistant's position and offered to pay for the rest of his Education. The sad part is, Courtney Vincent has been Arrested 3 times at CU and is still on the team. Why not pull his scholarship?

Simply because Bowden needs room for a better player.

Also, Clemson people will say Ray Ray was not doing the things he needed to get better! Yet they offer him a GA’s position? WTH?!
Give a man a GA position who is not doing what it takes? GA’s are usually people who worked hard while on the team and will make a good impression on the current players! Spin Spin!

Apparently he was given a GA opportunity. But it reads that the GA position doesn’t cover room and board. So that doesn’t really do him a lot of good.

Apparently he was given a GA opportunity. But it reads that the GA position doesn't cover room and board. So that doesn't really do him a lot of good.

Yeah. GA positions leave alot out unless you can get a research position, too, in order to receive a stipend. This is what Clemson should have offered, A STIPEND!!! The GA position is no real favor…

[QUOTE=Eye Of The Niner;304400]Comical. Like I said you do not know the story and it shows. I’ve talked to Ray Ray in the past 24 hours and he is fine. He’s getting his Masters for free at Clemson and being a grad assistant. His brother has everything paid for and more. Over 100K. So why don’t you get your facts straight before you look like a fool again. You have no inside knowledge of what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Facts never get in the way for the majority of posters on this board. Opinions are stated as if they are facts here. And unfortunately, most believe the dribble.

Facts never get in the way for the majority of posters on this board. Opinions are stated as if they are facts here. And unfortunately, most believe the dribble.

I think you just missed the facts in posts #25 and #26.

When he proves that he has stated is fact, I’ll believe him.

Until then, somebody claims that they know somebody and then supports their “school” (He was our 5th string running back) I’m going to take their propaganda with a grain of salt.

This is slanderous writing

Wrong! Writing isn’t slanderous. When it is writing it’s called libel. So put that in your pipe and choke on it. Just get the freakin Eye out of your User Id.

Sorry, I like a good mob bashing and couldn’t resist.

I hate to break it to Clumpson boy, buy Tommy is getting skewered in every forum possible. Sports Radio, print and message boards across the land are all killing him.

I guess replacing your 85th scholarship player last year would have prevented gagging in the acc and getting beat in the Peach Bowl :tumble:

[QUOTE=Normmm;304583]I think you just missed the facts in posts #25 and #26.[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the word “majority.”

I guess you missed the word "majority."

Nope. That’s why I posted it. Was saying since you missed the facts in those posts that would put you too in the “majority”.

http://thetigernet.com/blogs/plyler/?entry=ray_ray

There’s only one real insider on this board, and it’s me.

[QUOTE=Eye Of The Niner;304651]http://thetigernet.com/blogs/plyler/?entry=ray_ray[/QUOTE]

A Clemson blog… Thanks for bringing some objectivity to this thread :lmao::lmao::lmao:

In fact, I want to be clear here. Clemson has met its end of the obligation more so than Ray Ray has met his. Clemson should be held more accountable because they are adults and know how to deal with things and Ray Ray is still a young person. I don’t want to get too much into that and please don’t e-mail me with specific questions but this has not been the fairy tale situation it could have been.

If you don’t support a comment like this with facts, don’t bother to make it.

[QUOTE=Eye Of The Niner;304400]Comical. Like I said you do not know the story and it shows. I’ve talked to Ray Ray in the past 24 hours and he is fine. He’s getting his Masters for free at Clemson and being a grad assistant. His brother has everything paid for and more. Over 100K. So why don’t you get your facts straight before you look like a fool again. You have no inside knowledge of what is going on.

Oh and another thing, I’ve seen you in person and I seriously doubt you would have to worry about playing Division 1 football for any coach.[/QUOTE]

I believe you there eye of the Niner it has been alluded to albeit it very poorly in a lot of the articles. The “factual stories” everyone is going off of mention he will be going to graduate school and that he is graduating. This sounds like taking time to be a grad asst. and get a masters would be in the best interest of a 5th string running back. How many times have you read a story on CNN, ESPN, ABC, or any other entity and found that they are biased to one side of the facts in order to get more people to read the story.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions (no matter how stupid or grand) so I will not tell anyone to change there opinions, but I think there is more to this story and it will come out. When Ray Ray transfers to Troy St or Grambling we will ha ve to assume he was probably mistreated. When he is the grad ass at Clemson next year I would say they probably didn’t screw him as much as you guys think.