You have one game to win BIG, which is it?

Just for fun… Let’s say you could pick one game off of our schedule to not only win, but win BIG. I’m talking a solid 20+ point ass kicking, while also shutting down the opponents’ D. Which game would you choose?

I know a lot of people will automatically pick one of the four ACC teams. I on the other hand, want to throttle Davidson. Here’s why. Last year, we get blown out… really bad. The year before that, it took us two overtimes to beat them, on our own home court. The year before that, we were on pace to lose bad until Plavy had the golden second half and saved us. Im thinking he hit 8 out of 9 threes in 10 minutes. The year before that we beat them good in Halton, but before that, we lost bad in Belk.

Basically, it has been way too long since we have put them in their place. Their fans are getting cocky and are starting to think they have a real basketball team.

I want Charlie Coley to dunk on Boris Whats-his-name so bad he goes home crying. I want Leemire to go friggen nuts like he did against them two years ago. I want Big Phil to scare the **** out of their post players. I want Wilderness and Dewhurst to blow by their forwards like they are standing still.

I hope we beat the ACC teams, but we need to show Davidson who their daddy is.

Wake Forest for me. I am still upset we lost to them year before last. Withers got fouled out on a garbage foul call. So many Niner fans made the trip, and we owned the Joel for that afternoon. Since they’re unwilling to play us at Halton I want to crush them at the Bobcats arena.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;239835]Just for fun… Let’s say you could pick one game off of our schedule to not only win, but win BIG. I’m talking a solid 20+ point ass kicking, while also shutting down the opponents’ D. Which game would you choose?

I know a lot of people will automatically pick one of the four ACC teams. I on the other hand, want to throttle Davidson. Here’s why. Last year, we get blown out… really bad. The year before that, it took us two overtimes to beat them, on our own home court. The year before that, we were on pace to lose bad until Plavy had the golden second half and saved us. Im thinking he hit 8 out of 9 threes in 10 minutes. The year before that we beat them good in Halton, but before that, we lost bad in Belk.

Basically, it has been way too long since we have put them in their place. Their fans are getting cocky and are starting to think they have a real basketball team.

I want Charlie Coley to dunk on Boris Whats-his-name so bad he goes home crying. I want Leemire to go friggen nuts like he did against them two years ago. I want Big Phil to scare the **** out of their post players. I want Wilderness and Dewhurst to blow by their forwards like they are standing still.

I hope we beat the ACC teams, but we need to show Davidson who their daddy is.[/QUOTE]
I would go along with you on this one Scotty. I also think in year when the ACC finally decided to play us, we don’t need to scare them off. Sure, I’d like to beat all of them, but I want to play the other guys too and beating these guys (as unlikely as it is anyways), could probably shoot the chance of them coming around again anytime soon.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;239840]I would go along with you on this one Scotty. I also think in year when the ACC finally decided to play us, we don’t need to scare them off. Sure, I’d like to beat all of them, but I want to play the other guys too and beating these guys (as unlikely as it is anyways), could probably shoot the chance of them coming around again anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, at the same time, I am sick of us getting no respect from them so I would like to see us win atleast, maybe not blow them out.

GW. I cant stand them. I cant stand their cocky ass coach. Its been oh so close, and a victory this year would be perfect. Too bad the tv game will probably be our second game with them (@ GW).

I would go along with you on this one Scotty. I also think in year when the ACC finally decided to play us, we don't need to scare them off. Sure, I'd like to beat all of them, but I want to play the other guys too and beating these guys (as unlikely as it is anyways), could probably shoot the chance of them coming around again anytime soon.

I see where you’re coming from, but it’s all about respect. If we knock off all the ACC teams we will play this year, we gain respect. At that point, we can finally, “truthfully” say they are scared if they don’t play us. That will work for me. RESPECT!! The new word for the Niner’s 2007/2008 basketball season.

Who’s got more fans in Charlotte? WF, GT, Mary, Davidson? I’d say WF, so for that reason I’d pick them. Plus I’d like for Ish Smith and Skeen to regret they didn’t come to Charlotte.

Whose got more fans in Charlotte? WF, GT, Mary, Davidson? I'd say WF, so for that reason I'd pick them. Plus I'd like for Ish Smith and Skeen to regret they didn't come to Charlotte.

Yeah, I think I’m for beating the living cow dung out of Wake over anyone else also. I just remember the hatred that boiled up inside me that night a year and a half ago when all three of our big guys fouled out and Eric “The Walking Foul” Williams did not get one called on him all night. Seriously, he finished with 0 fouls!!

I want to beat the ever living piss out of Davidson…they have no business doing what they did to us last year…and everyone knows it. I hate the school…the fans…the basketball team…the whole shabang! I hope we thump the hell out of that college and put them back in the spot they belong.

I have come to realize that no matter how well we do…how many teams we beat…no matter how far we go in the tourny…or how many ACC teams we play to the wire…we will never get the respect we deserve from the ACC fan base. Beating Wake Forest isnt going to change that one bit.

[QUOTE=casstommy;239856]I want to beat the ever living piss out of Davidson…they have no business doing what they did to us last year…and everyone knows it. I hate the school…the fans…the basketball team…the whole shabang! I hope we thump the hell out of that college and put them back in the spot they belong.
[/QUOTE]

For once Cass you and I agree on something! Destroying Davidson is what I would want. They should not even want to play us again after the ass kickin we give them. The thought that some Davidson fans think they are on par or better than us as a program gets under my skin. I say we murder them and send them home crying.

I’d love to “Shock” Georgia Tech while we’re down in St. Thomas for the Paradise Jams. That would truly be one heckuva party that night…and what better place to have it.

[QUOTE=max;239862]I’d love to “Shock” Georgia Tech while we’re down in St. Thomas for the Paradise Jams. That would truly be one heckuva party that night…and what better place to have it.[/QUOTE]

I’m with you Max. We’ll be partying it up in the Islands celebrating that one. Winner’s bracket and day off the second day.

Next would be Davidson, Wake, Xavier, GW, Clemson.

The next one.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;239835]Just for fun… Let’s say you could pick one game off of our schedule to not only win, but win BIG. I’m talking a solid 20+ point ass kicking, while also shutting down the opponents’ D. Which game would you choose?[/QUOTE]

The final game of the regular season.

ok, seriously. as much as i’d like to rape davidson, no one cares about davidson. not here at charlotte, not in the college basketball world. if we killed one …ANY of those ACC teams…that would gain so much attention just from fans/underclassmen/students that we might get some sellouts goin this season. that would do much more for the program, even from a recruiting perspective. i mean hell, we still have to lose to davidson like 28 times for it to be even…so we’ve got a few mulligans there…let’s take this while we can get it.

im gonna go with wake forest. first because they are an in state acc school who we compete with for recruits. secondly because its in the bobcats arena and nothing would be better than to beat them in an arena full of acc fans.

if we somehow get to play notre dame in the paradise valley jam i would love to win that one. i would love to see what digger would have to say about that.

I wanna beat Davidson cause I dont wanna see anymore of these hanging in belk gym

Wake Forest for me. I am still upset we lost to them year before last. Withers got fouled out on a garbage foul call. So many Niner fans made the trip, and we owned the Joel for that afternoon. Since they're unwilling to play us at Halton I want to crush them at the Bobcats arena.
We DID NOT lose that game! The score just says we did...:unhappy:

I agree, lets destroy Wake. That “loss” was unbelievabley painful. There was a guy after the game who yelled out, “Junior College! Junior College! You don’t even have a football team!” Man I wanted to kill that guy. I want us to win so bad that that man cries. Plus all the other reasons you guys said also would make it very sweet.

i want us to win the 2nd round game in the NCAA tourney for the first time in 30 years