Your Observer questions answered ...

Mike what do you think of the Detroit Free Press decision to print a full paper only three days a week? I was stunned to see that type of measure so soon. I figured that was still a few years out.

[QUOTE=NLP;369605]Mike what do you think of the Detroit Free Press decision to print a full paper only three days a week? I was stunned to see that type of measure so soon. I figured that was still a few years out.[/QUOTE]

Think about that market and how much it’s struggling. Way, way worse than here. If someone goes first, the papers in that market, which operate with a Joint Operating Agreement to begin with, make as much sense as any.

Things people take for granted now will not be done if the economy doesn’t improve. I believe people will still pay for news. It might come to that on the web. How, I don’t know, without collusion.

Mike, I think you skipped a question or 4 (no questions asked by me, btw). I’m sure it was an accident, so I thought I’d let you know.

Now, here’s my question. It was recently announced (a few weeks or month ago) that [B]unc-chapel hill will be[/B] [B]raising student fees almost $100[/B] [B]a year for services and ATLETICS[/B]. [B]Why has your newspaper not attacked this idea? [/B]They made it sound like the world was coming to an end when we wanted to do the same thing.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;369614]Mike, I think you skipped a question or 4 (no questions asked by me, btw). I’m sure it was an accident, so I thought I’d let you know.

Now, here’s my question. It was recently announced (a few weeks or month ago) that [B]unc-chapel hill will be[/B] [B]raising student fees almost $100[/B] [B]a year for services and ATLETICS[/B]. [B]Why has your newspaper not attacked this idea? [/B]They made it sound like ther world was coming to an end when we wanted to do the same thing.[/QUOTE]

You’re a troublemaker, aren’t you?:shades:

Mike, I think you skipped a question or 4 (no questions asked by me, btw). I'm sure it was an accident, so I thought I'd let you know.

Now, here’s my question. It was recently announced (a few weeks or month ago) that unc-chapel hill will be raising student fees almost $100 a year for services and ATLETICS. Why has your newspaper not attacked this idea? They made it sound like the world was coming to an end when we wanted to do the same thing.

doodoodoodoodoo…doodoodoodoo…:tumble::tumble::tumble:

Look, my three favorite broken records, one after the other! Where’s clt? You guys leave him at home?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;369633]Look, my three favorite broken records, one after the other! Where’s clt? You guys leave him at home?[/QUOTE]

Órale vato loco! You know what they say . . .“Love it or leave it”. Ya ain’t gotta come and hang with us.:tongue:

Not hanging with you. I’m here to hang with the cool kids. Ha.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;369637]Not hanging with you. I’m here to hang with the cool kids. Ha.[/QUOTE]

Why complain about us then? Ya broke my heart miguel. All this time, us uncool kids thought that you care.Quit being a pain in the derrière. BTW, ain’t ya got some paper to sell or something?:tongue:

Not hanging with you. I'm here to hang with the kids. Ha.
Is that it?

And does your response of not wanting to hang with the kids mean you’re gonna skip these questions… AGAIN ???

I’ll give you props for one thing Mike. You would have made one fine politician.

Not hanging with you. I'm here to hang with the kids.
Is that it?

And does your response of not wanting to hang with the kids mean you’re gonna skip these questions… AGAIN ???

I’ll give you props for one thing Mike. You would have made one fine politician.

You’re catching on, Over. I’m tired of the same questions over and over, from the same people. We’re not changing on UNC, which I think was the topic I skipped. Last time I’m saying it.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;369641]Is that it?

I’ll give you props for one thing Mike. You would have made [B]one fine politician[/B].[/QUOTE]

. . .and a great salesman, too. Confucius said “An honest salesman is a . . .starving one”. :biggrin:

But, and then again . . .

[URL=http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thoushaltnotliekq1.gif][/URL]

You're catching on, Over.
Nice try Mike. I caught on a long time ago when you buried our CUSA successes on Page 14 behind all the car adds.

And this “broken record” is coming from many more than 3 of us. Now we know why you couldn’t major in a math based field.

Mike, I noticed you still dodged the question asking when the Observer is going to print all those “anonymous” letters opposing unc-chapel hill raising the student fees almost $100 for ATHLETICS.

(thought throwing us off track would work, didn’t you?)

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;369653]Mike, I noticed you still dodged the question asking when the Observer is going to print all those “anonymous” letters opposing unc-chapel hill raising the student fees almost $100 for ATHLETICS.

(thought throwing us off track would work, didn’t you?)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=soon to be posted by Mike_Persinger]We would have printed “anonymous” letters opposing UNC-Chapel Hill raising the student fees $100 for ATHLETICS… if we had received any.[/QUOTE]

I knew I should have left my name off of mine!

Originally Posted by [B]soon to be posted by Mike_Persinger[/B] [I]We would have printed "anonymous" letters opposing UNC-Chapel Hill raising the student fees $100 for ATHLETICS... if we had received any.[/I]
I knew I should have left my name off of mine!
:lmao: Good one Lew.

Also… I assume you know the anonymous anti-football letters were really anonymous editorials written by the Observer staff members. Maybe I should have used the term unsigned editorials. You should not have had to write a letter yourself opposing a the huge hike in chapel hill student fees.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;369645]You’re catching on, Over. [B]I’m tired of the same questions [/B]over and over, from the same people. We’re not changing on UNC, which I think was the topic I skipped. Last time I’m saying it.[/QUOTE]

I have a very simple question since you brought it up. [B]Are ya tired of eating , vato?[/B] I got a hint from your last avatar that you’re a ‘wine and cheese’ (very much different than the five dollar t-shirt, O.E 800 sucking walmart 'hole). :smile:

[B][SIZE=4]No paper selling = No queso [/SIZE][/B]

(Since Over40NINER thought you may need a little help with math. I thought I’d help a brother out.)

We’re getting bigger and bigger every year as a school. And, guess what? I really like you and really really hate to drop the “F” word on you Mike. But, we’ll have football soon. Can ya dig it? Get with the program vato. Oh hell ! . . . even I may drop a dime on your “bird cage lining” once a while, too ese.:tongue:

You're catching on, Over. I'm tired of the same questions over and over, from the same people. .

:unhappy:
I asked you a new question a page back. shucks

:unhappy: I asked you a new question a page back. shucks
Let me help. I agree with Metro. And Mike, this question does not involve the Niners, so you can tell us like it really is.
Mike, I don't know if other papers are doing it, or if its just the latest craze, but your writers doing these video blogs are silly. They all look uncomfortable and stiff in front of the camera...I watch them for comedic value than info.

case in point:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/420/index.html?media_id=2508875