Your Observer questions answered ...

Is there an article on the win over UMass? I expect there is, but I can’t find it at all. The only thing I found was the pre-game write up about Mack.

Is there an article on the win over UMass? I expect there is, but I can't find it at all. The only thing I found was the pre-game write up about Mack.

same thing here… i was searching this morning and have found nothing.

per the clock on my computer, it is 7:56am on Thursday, January 22nd.

I go to the college hoops page on the Charlotte Observer website and what do I find.

• UNC stomps Clemson
  • Davidson locks down Furman
  • Hot shooting Hokies end Wake’s perfect start
  • Hot shooting Hokies end Wake’s perfect start ( yes, it is listed twice)
  • Rice leads BC to win in overtime

and finally a 49ers story.

• Mack’s scoring is up in conference games…strange heading for a game story. Oh yeah, that is the pregame story.

Hmmm, maybe I really didn’t attend a game at Halton Arena last night…or possibly the story (& photo?) got lost on the way back uptown.

I know, I know, Mike doesn’t control online content.

I don’t care if he does or not. The Charlotte Observer looks like an inferior product…oh yeah, IT IS AN INFERIOR PRODUCT.

Silly me, I thought I might find a postgame quote or 2 from Lutz, since I lost the radio feed shortly after leaving campus and could not hear his postgame comments.

That’s the same thing I saw, Joe. I didn’t happen to see Jim at the game last night, so I’m not sure if they had anyone covering it or not. Sorry if I just missed you Jim. Maybe since the O did the pre-game article, they decided not to run an article for the actual game. That’d be crazy, but not surprising.

YEE HAW

WE MADE THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER WEBSITE

WE MADE THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER WEBSITE

WE MADE THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER WEBSITE.

per the online story, it looks like we were on page 6c of the print edition.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I’m so happy that you found time to include us in your daily product AND website.

What would we do without the Charlotte Observer sports department? :rolleyes:

save yourself some trouble.

I just clicked on the story.

In its entirety, here is the story

[QUOTE]
Charlotte’s Charles Coley III dunks Wednesday against Massachusetts. The 49ers defeated the Minutemen 69-64 in overtime. [/QUOTE]

eta: also the obligitory,

[QUOTE]Subscribe to the Charlotte Observer and Earn Miles[/QUOTE]

was also part of the story.

Thanks again Mike. I really don’t understand why anyone would complain about this type of coverage. You take great care of us.

NOT.

Posted at 8:07 AM. Wow.

There’s an automated feed, and apparently it didn’t work right. They are getting the story online and I’ve asked for a front-page link.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;378794]There’s an automated feed, and apparently it didn’t work right. They are getting the story online and I’ve asked for a front-page link.[/QUOTE]

It looks like it’s all up now, including the front-page link. Thanks Mike.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/488235.html

All Time Low for Observer’s 49er Coverage…

Saturday’s printed front page of Sports Section lists "Today’s Games as follows: Wake vs. GT, SC vs. Kentucky, Davidson vs. Samford, UNCCH vs. NCSU, ANDERSON vs. QUEENS, AND JSCU vs. Livingstone.

…noticeable omission—Charlotte vs. Winthrop!!!..oh, but wait…there is a note showing "College Basketball, page 6-7C…so on that page there is a paragraph about each of the games listed on the front page…so, I’m thinking there must ACTUALLY be a pre-game article about our game somewhere, but NOOOOOO there is NONE! The only mention at all (other than the radio listing) is a 2 paragraph mention of the “new rivalry game” between Charlotte and Winthrop (and even this is buried in the middle of a big generic article about “close to home” games). Our mention is right between the paragraphs about Newberry College basketball and Pfeiffer…Mike Persinger, there is no other way to say it, but your sports page SUX!!!

.............and I've asked for a front-page link.
Haven't you always told us you have no control over the website?

And why was nothing in the printed edition of our win over UMASS? Oh wait. That’s right. UMASS has somewhat of a name (even though they suck this year).

All Time Low for Observer's 49er Coverage........

Saturday’s printed front page of Sports Section lists "Today’s Games as follows: Wake vs. GT, SC vs. Kentucky, Davidson vs. Samford, UNCCH vs. NCSU, ANDERSON vs. QUEENS, AND JSCU vs. Livingstone.

You sound like a broken record. :shades:

Don’t you know ANDERSON, QUEENS, JCSU, AND LIVINGSTONE are much bigger stories in CHARLOTTE.

clt does admit that Anderson pulls in the readers.

Just makes no sense at all. All these threads sound like whining, but in reality our coverage makes NO sense.

Mike, someone in the sports dept. should be fired for this. We’re not mentioned, but D2 is?
Hell, y’all even have 1/2 a page devoted to HS scores. Y’all’s college scores, are about 2-3 inches in Scoreboard.
No one gives a damn about HS.

All Time Low for Observer's 49er Coverage........

…noticeable omission—Charlotte vs. Winthrop!!!..oh, but wait…there is a note showing "College Basketball, page 6-7C…so on that page there is a paragraph about each of the games listed on the front page…so, I’m thinking there must ACTUALLY be a pre-game article about our game somewhere, but NOOOOOO there is NONE! The only mention at all (other than the radio listing) is a 2 paragraph mention of the “new rivalry game” between Charlotte and Winthrop (and even this is buried in the middle of a big generic article about “close to home” games). Our mention is right between the paragraphs about Newberry College basketball and Pfeiffer…Mike Persinger, there is no other way to say it, but your sports page SUX!!!

Haven't you always told us you have no control over the website?

And why was nothing in the printed edition of our win over UMASS? Oh wait. That’s right. UMASS has somewhat of a name (even though they suck this year).

You sound like a broken record. :shades:

Don’t you know ANDERSON, QUEENS, JCSU, AND LIVINGSTONE are much bigger stories in CHARLOTTE.

I have to agree this is some pretty horrible ****.

I understand JC Smith is the most powerful CIAA program, but c’mon.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;381661]I have to agree this is some pretty horrible ****.

I understand JC Smith is the most powerful CIAA program, but c’mon.[/QUOTE]

Nothing can explain what we saw today. I don’t care what the records are. I don’t even care about a pregame story BUT at least make it OBVIOUS the two schools are playing, when and where. WOW!!!

The radio listing is the only way I was able to confirm the game at 7:00, not 7:30.

THAT IS A JOKE.

I’m gonna bump this because it’s so freaking ridiculous and I’d love to hear the answer.

I’m expecting a front-page article tomorrow.

I'm expecting a front-page article tomorrow.
Front page article or not, the fact remains.......... the Observer makes a habit of not mentioning our home games. We could have sold some additional tickets (even to Winthrop fans) if our game had been in print with the others.