Your Observer questions answered ...

This is shocking

absolutely shocking

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS DID HAPPEN.

This is just one more reason that I’m glad I wised up and STOPPED paying for that goofy product.

I still remember the morning after a Charlotte beat Memphis and the sports page had a large photo of a Tiger making a play on a Niner. Mike admitted that he had to rely on wire service photos. yeah, right.

The explanation then sounded like crap and nothing has ever changed.

clt provides this from a winthrop fan…hey mike, others see your bias as well

This actually game had good attendance considering both teams are having their worst in 25 years, but this attitude by the local paper is still inexcusable. I’m sure some more Winthrop fans would have made the short drive if they had known their team was playing this close to home

Why all of the “disturber” hate all of a sudden. Ya’ll sound like broken records. After all, it’s our “hometown” paper. :biggrin:

Give up guys. We need to start our own paper. The Observer just won’t do.

I think the gulag would be an appropriate punishment.

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;381797]I think the gulag would be an appropriate punishment.[/QUOTE]

I’m just saying that unless Persinger gets fired, things won’t change. He is too arrogant to realize that he is wrong, and refuses to change his ways… even though he knows we’re right about this. If he were to change his ways, it confirms what we already know: that he is a total fool, and is unfit to run any paper. What kind of editor actually listens to the readers?

Local news, Sports led with our game on every station. I flipped around to each one last night. Charlotte-Winthrop was shown first and the sports anchor from each was out at the game for the first half(Trotta, Ira Cronin?, Snyder).

clt BEGS mike p to defend this:

RECRUITING » 2:57PM
Analysis: Other ACC schools

ACC schools outside the Carolinas: Who’s going where and how strong are those classes?

[QUOTE=C49er;381678]I’m gonna bump this because it’s so freaking ridiculous and I’d love to hear the answer.[/QUOTE]still no answer on this. mike has pretended it never hapened. don’t be surprised if it happens again for rhode island.

[QUOTE=WinthropFan]This actually game had good attendance considering both teams are having their worst in 25 years, but this attitude by the local paper is still inexcusable. I’m sure some more Winthrop fans would have made the short drive if they had known their team was playing this close to home.[/quote] most sports fan are aware of the observer’s dislike for us. even tarhole fans have stated how obvious this is.

RE: Winthrop-Charlotte advance. We messed up, and it wasn’t any one person. I’ve talked to all the people involved. We published the story Jim wrote online on Saturday as soon as we found out there was a problem. But the bottom line is, we messed up.

RE: Winthrop-Charlotte advance. We messed up, and it wasn't any one person. I've talked to all the people involved. We published the story Jim wrote online on Saturday as soon as we found out there was a problem. But the bottom line is, we messed up.

I take you at your word Mike, but it sure is funny how these “honest” mistakes seem to only happen to Charlotte. When was the last “mistake” that left out any Tar Heel/ACC event?..Serious question.

RE: Winthrop-Charlotte advance. We messed up, and it wasn't any one person. I've talked to all the people involved. We published the story Jim wrote online on Saturday as soon as we found out there was a problem. But the bottom line is, we messed up.

As frustrating as that was, thanks Mike for at least responding and admitting it shouldn’t have happened.

Now…This is rather minor in comparison, but I noticed in the Monday edition there was an article about area basketball players and their draft possibilities. Charlie Coley was not included in the area players. While I do not think that Coley is an NBA player, he was listed at one time on NBADraft.net as a second rounder. The article mentioned KC Rivers, but he is not listed in the mock draft on NBADraft.net. Even if Coley is not expected to be drafted, I think it would have been nice to have something like “Coley’s stock has slipped and is no longer considered draftable”.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;382560] We messed up[/QUOTE]

:wow: Never expected to see Mike type those letters in that particular sequence. What’s next? Mark Packer fires QCB?

of course, I have to agree. At least a reference to Coley being “no longer draftable” would’ve been reasonable IMO. Surprised it wasn’t included since it would’ve been a negative statement towards a 49er.

I have no problem that Coley wasn’t listed, but then again I didn’t read the article to see if other non-draft athletes were listed.

However, I do agree that these ‘mistakes’ seem to happen regularly to the 49ers. How many times does our article not get posted because of a problem with the software, etc. It gets really old, especially since we get so little to start with.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;382560]RE: Winthrop-Charlotte advance. We messed up, and it wasn’t any one person. I’ve talked to all the people involved. We published the story Jim wrote online on Saturday as soon as we found out there was a problem. But the bottom line is, we messed up.[/QUOTE]

So what exactly did you mess up in the printed version, meaning…what was planned?

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;382734]So what exactly did you mess up in the printed version, meaning…what was planned?[/QUOTE]

The story Utter posted online Saturday morning was planned.

Was there a problem with the “system?”

I have no problem that Coley wasn't listed, but then again I didn't read the article to see if other non-draft athletes were listed.

I agree, in the big picture it is rather minor. I was mostly just expressing it to say it would have been nice as a Niner fan to have seen it addressed. I do not remember all of the players listed. Most of them will be drafted. Rivers was the only one that I compared to because he’s currently not being projected to be drafted.

clt asks mike about the dicky v story today. where was the story when dicky v was coming to halton?

clt asks mike about the dicky v story today. where was the story when dicky v was coming to halton?

Exactly…Hell, he even came with Brent Musburger for one of the late 90s Cincy games (ranked #3 that time, I think) on a Saturday afternoon. Also, that game was broadcast on ABC, not ESPN!!! I promise you there was no pregame mention of that in the Big O!!!