Your Observer questions answered ...

Mike I laughed when I saw this and I know this isn’t your department but who messed up and placed the adult video ad in the faith and values section? Right above ads for churches. I’m sure the Observer will get plenty of comments in the Buzz and Opinion section.

clt asks mike about the dicky v story today. where was the story when dicky v was coming to halton?
And I'm pretty sure Dickie V's quote about Halton being the loudest arena he's ever been in was NEVER in the O. That may have made some Charlotteans want to check us out.

Hey, how 'bout that big Observer article on the Niners baseball game against Winthrop (another “local” team)!!!..uh, oh------wait a minute…:unhappy:

[QUOTE=919R;395331]Hey, how 'bout that big Observer article on the Niners baseball game against Winthrop (another “local” team)!!!..uh, oh------wait a minute…:unhappy:[/QUOTE]What article? I didn’t see any article. I looked but could not find one both online and in print.

What article? I didn't see any article. I looked but could not find one both online and in print.

Exactly…there was not one.:unhappy:

You mean the States of NC & SC actually allow the Niners & Eagles to have a baseball team that isn’t the Heels or Cocks? Damn someone should have told the Sports Dept. across the street from BofA stadium.

[QUOTE=919R;395331]Hey, how 'bout that big Observer article on the Niners baseball game against Winthrop (another “local” team)!!!..uh, oh------wait a minute…:unhappy:[/QUOTE]You better watch out. Some big mean bad ass will come over here and tell you the Observer bashing belongs in a “special Observer bashing thread”. How stupid can people get?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;395617]Damn someone should have told the Sports Dept. across the street from BofA stadium.[/QUOTE]You too.

[QUOTE=Chipper;395666]How stupid can people get?[/QUOTE]

I’ll assume you’re referring to me. I know of several people that rarely come to NNN anymore because all of the threads turn into a pissing match over how bad the Observer is.

Most people come on here to read about the Niners, not to talk about the piss-poor Observer.

Who would have imagined that? How stupid can people get?

[QUOTE=C49er;395669]I’ll assume you’re referring to me[/QUOTE]No. I was not refering to you. We’re all welcome to voice our opinions. Unless that opinion is critical of the Observer. I don’t understand. And THIS thread is one of those “special Observer threads” anyway. Mike just won’t answer any question that’s not pre-staged to his advantage.

[QUOTE=Chipper;395671]No. I was not refering to you. We’re all welcome to voice our opinions. Unless that opinion is critical of the Observer. I don’t understand.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn’t quote very well - I was referring to the "a big mean bad ass will come over here and tell you the Observer bashing belongs in a “special Observer bashing thread” part of your post.

I have no problem with people bashing the Observer. I do too, all the time, but I don’t bring the Observer into threads that are completely unrelated to the Observer. For example, a thread is created to congratulate the baseball team, and before the O even has time to screw up, there are already people talking about the piss poor coverage that the game will receive TOMORROW.

It’s just not appropriate for those comments to be in every thread. Doesn’t that make sense? It’s hard to have real conversations around here anymore because everything ends up being about the Observer.

I’d rather we channel that energy into trying to improve things. Whether we organize to support other newspapers (are there any left), write letters to higher-ups at the O, or higher-ups at the University, or whatever. The bashing on NNN isn’t improving things, so there’s got to be a better way than making it a part of every thread on here.

[QUOTE=C49er;395672]I have no problem with people bashing the Observer. I do too, all the time, but I don’t bring the Observer into threads that are completely unrelated to the Observer. [/QUOTE]This thread is related to the Observer though. Like I said I wasn’t talking about you.

I'd rather we channel that energy into trying to improve things. Whether we organize to support other newspapers (are there any left), write letters to higher-ups at the O, or higher-ups at the University, or whatever. The bashing on NNN isn't improving things, so there's got to be a better way than making it a part of every thread on here.
I agree with this. This is a good idea you have.

NM

http://twitter.com/mikepersinger

clt says try to find the niner tweets.

Anyone find it interesting that this thread, once a lively place, died a merciful death?

Guess around March we all got the answers about the Disturber we needed.

clt is impressed by charlotte.com this morning. 6 items on unc-ch, even a story on the mascot.

well played observer, well played.

clt is impressed by charlotte.com this morning. 6 items on unc-ch, even a story on the mascot.

we need an alumni game, i want an article about how Norm is a reproducing breed.

we need an alumni game, i want an article about how Norm is a reproducing breed.
Their aint nothing wrong with those UNC articles. Can't yall bee happy with the occasional articles you do get? Quit whining and learn your place.

I think its awesome Mike is gone. He never used us but for a study group.

[QUOTE=Ace;429275]Their aint nothing wrong with those unc [SIZE=1]testicles[/SIZE]. . …[/QUOTE]:shades:

fixed

No wonder he’s angry all the time.

He’s Eddie Munster all grown up.