Your Observer questions answered ...

Or Stephen King without the smart glasses

[QUOTE=metro;429276]I think its awesome Mike is gone. He never used us but for a study group.[/QUOTE]that’s probably true. him being on here made no sense. unless he was trying to apply damage control or throw one of his cheap shots at us. he would always disappear for a couple weeks whenever anyone asked him why he was here.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;429443]that’s probably true. him being on here made no sense. unless he was trying to apply damage control or throw one of his cheap shots at us. [B]he would always disappear for a couple weeks whenever anyone asked him why he was here[/B].[/QUOTE]

. . .or got call out and couldn’t come up with a sound answer at the moment. :shades:

From the way he looks now on Twitter, he probably never got laid, even on that spread eagle campus.

Yeah Persinger is a flippant smug SOB. In response to one of my post he called me trav. Like I was below him because I’ve traveled so much more and am much better-looking.

Ugly hardened wanker who can only wrap himself in a powder blue flag. Pathetic.

Did I mention, that I don’t like him?

clt 's morning comparison of charlotte.com and newsobserver.com:

charlotte.com lead story- tar heels win
newsobserver.com- 10 years later-hurricane floyd

clt patiently waits for the observer’s demise.

Whatever he was stirring in the pot didn’t come out to his liking.

[QUOTE=Traveler;429353]No wonder he’s angry all the time.

He’s Eddie Munster all grown up.[/QUOTE]

Thats a bit uncalled for. You can hate a person for their beliefs but there is no need to rag on them…

Burn me to the ground, but thats a bit over the line no?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;430843]Thats a bit uncalled for. You can hate a person for their beliefs but there is no need to rag on them…

Burn me to the ground, but thats a bit over the line no?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think that was over the line. He’s said plenty of inflammatory things to and about people on this board for years.

I dont think he ever made fun of you or made personal attacks. Mike may have made comments that we did not agree with and I am sure heat was exchanged but I do not recall personal attacks.

This is my last post on the matter. Flame me whatever…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;430847]I dont think he ever made fun of you or made personal attacks. Mike may have made comments that we did not agree with and I am sure heat was exchanged but I do not recall personal attacks.

This is my last post on the matter. Flame me whatever…[/QUOTE]

Persinger has been harassing niners long before you or I were in the picture. Just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.

Although I’ve criticized our Observer coverage as much as anyone, I don’t think personal attacks are necessary.

Powerbait is correct about Mike’s attacks, but that’s no reason for any of us to also take the low road. I will continue to express my opinion regarding coverage (which was actually decent in the off-season), but I’m personally opposed to anyone getting personal about things beyond some else’s control.

Now… if someone throws personal attacks at me (which happened in the Spring), I’ll retaliate without thinking twice about it.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;430847]I dont think he ever made fun of you or made personal attacks. Mike may have made comments that we did not agree with and I am sure heat was exchanged but I do not recall personal attacks.

This is my last post on the matter. Flame me whatever…[/QUOTE]

I don’t know, he made a few unprovoked comments to me when I was attending CPCC, many of which I did take personally.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;430852]Although I’ve criticized our Observer coverage as much as anyone, I don’t think personal attacks are necessary.

Powerbait is correct about Mike’s attacks, but that’s no reason for any of us to also take the low road. I will continue to express my opinion regarding coverage (which was actually decent in the off-season), but I’m personally opposed to anyone getting personal about things beyond some else’s control.

Just My Opinion.[/QUOTE]

He never said anything to me that was personally offensive, but he made plenty of snarky comments.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;430853]I don’t know, he made a few unprovoked comments to me when I was attending CPCC, many of which I did take personally.[/QUOTE]

Just one example of a person who did make personally offensive statements to. Look, it’s not like we’re making fun of Kpig’s retarded kid here or anything.

Everyone has different opinion with the disturber and how to treat or response to this thread. I found this thread quite entertaining and had always thought it should belong in the “Smack” category. One could only treat it as such, since it was started and graced with the presence of the loco executive sports editor.:shades:
I was always amazed at some of the “funny” answers. BTW, thanks for all of your "“hard work” and the cheap laughs over the years. All I could add is “hasta luego, vato loco”, lots of “love” to my hero miguel. And, don’t ever forget everyone wants to be like mike.:tongue:

Hurricane Floyd hit Raleigh much worse than it hit Charlotte.

I.......had always thought this thread should belong in the "Smack" category.
Agreed.

Perhaps it’s time to “un-sticky” this thread and maybe even lock it or delete it. It’s time to move on.

Let it be stated, the end of his presence here was when we beat UNC-CH in baseball and it had ZERO coverage the next day. Some poster on NNN didn’t like it and started a stink. :shades:

It was the ultimate example how they screw us, and the last remaining Observer defendants finally saw the light.

I would say the same things to his face (if I could bear to look at it for several minutes) if I saw him in a bar and he acted all smug and condescending.

So, why not say it here?

He was doing better when he hid that ugly mug behind the internet but when he came out in twitter he was announcing yes, I have a hideous face but I want to social network.

I’d like to stage a debate: Does Persinger act like an ahole because he has an ugly head or because he is a Chapel Hill graduate? Please argue one side only.

traveler. most of us don’t care how ugly he is. we just want our due coverage. the same type coverage other schools get from their hometown papers.