2019 Charlotte 49ers Football schedule

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/article_71f98dd4-59ed-11e9-b545-6f82044d8d35.html

And the wiki page for the Oyster Bowl:

A few notes to the schedule in recent days. The big one was moving the Gardner-Webb game from Saturday to Thursday night. The other is that Homecoming will be the September 28th game vs FAU.

https://homecoming.uncc.edu/

Got email from tic office. Checked my FB seats for 2019 and retained my seat location. yes!

Just an FYI if you didnā€™t get tickets for Clemson through the ticket office, Clemson is having their general public onsale July 16th.

1 Like

Tanner Spearman of UDD sees game vs UMass as very significant for the Niners.

Heā€™s right.

1 Like

I donā€™t see how we bowl without beating UMass. Plus, weā€™ve never won a non-conference FBS home game.

thats sad

Weā€™ve only played what? 4 fbs Ooc opponents at homeā€¦going from memory, Temple, E. Michigan, App, ???

Georgia state is the only other one i believe.

Yep,ā€¦knew I forgot one.

Temple was #9, EMU bowled, App had their best year, and Georgia St. were our home OOC games. We attempted to schedule light OOC as we jumped to FBS but unfortunately EMU, Temple, and Georgia St after being amongst the worst teams in FBS all got much better after we signed games with them.

Yes itā€™s bad but not as bad as it first appears when you look at the opponents. Temple and EMU though are examples of why itā€™s better to schedule regional opponents than teams that have no local interest but that you think you can beat when the contract is signed. Itā€™s tough to project how good a G5 team is that far out so might as well play local teams.

Phil Steele has UMass dead list on his power rankings, must win game at home.

1 Like

Except for the unbelievable blunders we made last year we would have beaten them on the road.

I get tired of hearing this. They beat our ass last year. We scored in the 4th when they let us. We better show that film all week before the game and come out ready to return the favor.

Oh come onā€¦they were definitely the better team but spotting them 21 points in the first 5 minutes completely changed the way each team played the remainder, but they didnā€™t ā€œletā€ us do anything. Thatā€™s an exaggeration in the other direction.

1 Like

It was 42-17 going into the 4th. I canā€™t remember exactly, but I would imagine they pulled many starters in the 4th. I love my Niners, but we were crushed. No excuses.

UMASS whooped our arse. Spotting them the points was awful, but they pushed both lines all over the place. Also, we didnā€™t spot them points. They took them. Reynolds was being chased from the first play. We scored a couple of touchdowns late on their third string to make the score look a little better, but donā€™t think for a moment that we played these guys toe to toe. They controlled tempo, pace and were more aggressive and were just better than us.
This wasnā€™t a Middle situation.

Edited to add: they scored 28 points on the kick off (they took 7, we werenā€™t ready to play), they scored on the first play after the muffed punt, scored on the first play after the Reynolds fumble they forced, and scored on the third play after forcing a three and out and punt.

1 Like